Interesting article on Laker status

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject: Interesting article on Laker status

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2829162-a-big-market-cinderella-story?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Rival executives generally have little faith in the Lakers' inexperienced front office, given the many mistakes they've made in the last year: the failure to acquire shooters to put around James; the lack of quality big men; the decision to let Brook Lopez and Julius Randle leave; the bizarre swap of Zubac for Muscala.

Even my grandmother knows how to build a roster around LeBron. Get your (bleep) sh*t together, Maginka.

Quote:
Rivals also consider the Lakers to be behind the curve in areas like analytics, sports science and player development. And then there's the question over who will be coaching them next season. Most people expect Walton to be fired.

It's bizarre that in 2019 we still have to worry about this (bleep). Unfortunately ownership still thinks we're living in the 80s.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject:

someday someone will go on the record and I will read about the FO then ymmv
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject:

I'm not defending the FO in any way, but I find it a little suspicious that we get these hit pieces from "rivals" every time the Lakers have money in free agency.

Seriously, what're they supposed to say? "Rivals consider the Lakers a superior organization"?
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
I'm not defending the FO in any way, but I find it a little suspicious that we get these hit pieces from "rivals" every time the Lakers have money in free agency.

Seriously, what're they supposed to say? "Rivals consider the Lakers a superior organization"?

the good old days when it was just a plain old Plaschke hit piece and not every GM or their sauces weighed in on it
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:52 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
levon wrote:

the good old days when it was just a plain old Plaschke hit piece and not every GM or their sauces weighed in on it

The only way these stop is reaching a point of sustainable success so that it's only Plaschke crowing again--the journalistic victory cigar.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:05 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
levon wrote:

The only way these stop is reaching a point of sustainable success so that it's only Plaschke crowing again--the journalistic victory cigar.

very true but these days the association leans towards 'soap opera' with social media and all so the slightest misconception gets spread league wide like it's fact
I mostly just stay away from anything more than timely news ...the rumors and speculation will make it to me without reading it
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:

everyone has motivations and an agenda....but it does not take rival executive quotes to know the Lakers have been a very poorly ran organization since Dr. Buss passed. Have the biggest brand and the most built in advantages in the NBA, yet one of the worst records each year for a while. No rival executive is going to make these statements during Showtime or Kobe/Shaq era because they would have clearly sounded stupid.
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:11 pm    Post subject:

We're the new 2000s Knicks, and LeBron is Amare (joking on that second half)
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:

Whether they're real quotes or completely made up, i'm glad this stuff is getting out there. Our Jeanie and Magic in particular are very sensitive to perceptions. Hopefully that'll motivate actual change.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:56 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
levon wrote:

Whether they're real quotes or completely made up, i'm glad this stuff is getting out there. Our Jeanie and Magic in particular are very sensitive to perceptions. Hopefully that'll motivate actual change.

If we're relying on sportswriters motivating change within the people running a multibillion dollar organization, we might as well stop watching the Lakers.

All of this disproportionate Lakers coverage is also getiing really tiring. You'd
think they traded a 21 year old Lebron for Mike Muscala or something. There is a stupid level of microscopic scrutiny here. The trade deadline was a month and a half ago.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Zach Lowe on his recent pod said the culture is extremely toxic 👍🏽
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:18 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
levon wrote:

If we're relying on sportswriters motivating change within the people running a multibillion dollar organization, we might as well stop watching the Lakers.

All of this disproportionate Lakers coverage is also getiing really tiring. You'd
think they traded a 21 year old Lebron for Mike Muscala or something. There is a stupid level of microscopic scrutiny here. The trade deadline was a month and a half ago.

I bet you microscopic scrutiny is the difference between Belichick and McVay
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:55 pm    Post subject:

I thought when we signed Luke and went with he youth movement that's where we were headed. Instead, Jeanie got itchy and Jim/Mitch did those terrible MozDeng deals that turned to full blown rhetoric of incompetency (and rightfully so).

Then Magic came in and made it obvious changes were coming. At first that was exciting. We were all ready for better infrastructure, signing max players to add to our young core, etc.

However, since all that, it's been dumb move after dumb move. It's bravado fueled rumors which resulted in self-inflicted wounds. It's been drama and now once again needing an overhaul from Magic's overhaul.
chains
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:13 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Zach Lowe on his recent pod said the culture is extremely toxic 👍🏽

Oh okay. Zach Lowe said so, so its true.

Of course its toxic. We had a bad year. There are a lot of angry players and the front office. We should be pist. U want everyone to be skipping home.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: