16%  [ 1 ]
Unsure
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject: HBO's The Case Against Adnan Syed

for those that finished watching, tell me what you think.

for those who think Adnan is Innocent:
https://crimejunkiepodcast.com/adnan-what-serial-didnt-tell-you/

How much did the Prosecution fabricate its story and is Jay a credible witness?
https://dhinden.wordpress.com/

FBI Profiler Jim Clemente input.
https://audioboom.com/posts/3703699-ep-125-interview-with-jim-clemente
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:39 pm    Post subject:

I voted unsure because I've only seen parts 1 and 3 as of yet, but the thing that is the most ludicrous in the case is that dude supposedly deciding to piss in that exact area and he just happened to find her body. That's nonsense. I'm of the opinion thus far that it could've been a conspiracy to kill and/or make her disappear. Could've been any combination of Syed, Wilds, the body finder. Maybe she was quickly abducted by the guy who claimed to find her. Weirder things have happened, just look at that case in S. Carolina now (the Uber mistake case). Prosecutors fashion stories by profession, the only question is whether they are using truthful information or just making crap up to help their client.
Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
I voted unsure because I've only seen parts 1 and 3 as of yet, but the thing that is the most ludicrous in the case is that dude supposedly deciding to piss in that exact area and he just happened to find her body. That's nonsense. I'm of the opinion thus far that it could've been a conspiracy to kill and/or make her disappear. Could've been any combination of Syed, Wilds, the body finder. Maybe she was quickly abducted by the guy who claimed to find her. Weirder things have happened, just look at that case in S. Carolina now (the Uber mistake case). Prosecutors fashion stories by profession, the only question is whether they are using truthful information or just making crap up to help their client.

The guy who found the body Mr.S is really spooky and sets off a lot of red flags . However after listening to the FBI profiler podcast, im leaning to the killers be either Syed or Don. However the guy who found the body (Mr.S), after watching episdoe 4 wouldnt suprise me of being a serial killer.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:55 am    Post subject:

Does the movie have any more incites than the Serial podcast?
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject:

Unsure but after watching it I believe he deserves a new trial.

Quote:
Maryland’s highest court, the Court of Appeals, ruled in a 4-to-3 decision that while Mr. Syed’s defense lawyer had been “deficient” in not calling a potential alibi witness to testify during the trial 19 years ago, ultimately Mr. Syed was not “prejudiced” by that deficiency.

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject:

Great One wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

The guy who found the body Mr.S is really spooky and sets off a lot of red flags . However after listening to the FBI profiler podcast, im leaning to the killers be either Syed or Don. However the guy who found the body (Mr.S), after watching episdoe 4 wouldnt suprise me of being a serial killer.

You're right about that and he even acted like an inmate during the original trial, he was belligerent and agitated by questioning while giving testimony on basic info. There's just no way this creep happened to take a piss in a random spot in miles of barren forest wilderness a la Pine Barrens in Sopranos and the spot he chose had a body in a shallow grave right by it. That story reminds me of an arsonist who returns to the scene of the crime and expresses pity for the dead, which has happened before. I also think Jay Wilds was worked and coached by detectives in the case. A scared 21 year old who they were offering a carrot if he said things that fit their notions of what probably happened to her.

The crime scene pics displaying her in the ground showed that she was well camouflaged even though areas of her skin weren't covered. Even if his piss tale was 100 and it was an absolute coincidence, you then have to believe that he happened to see her while she was almost fully under ground with leaves/sticks on top of the grave. Going by a tenet I learned from Judge Judy, if it doesn't sound right, then it's NOT RITE!!!1 (Judy emphasis). He could have been involved in her murder and/or disposal as far as I'm concerned. Perhaps there's a triangle among those 3 and the truth may never come out. It was a different world in 99 as far as the lack of a public security camera web that we have today in most places, so we're fighting the gaps in her trail during her last day. It's within the realm of possibilities that she was abducted and it wasn't caught on camera. I'm gonna see if Part 2 is available on Spectrum. I've seen enough to know that this is the kind of case that stumps EVeryone involved from outside observers to the cops to the judicial system. It's too bad because Syed may indeed be innocent after all, but it'll never be proven lest they can get the case to the SC.
Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Does the movie have any more incites than the Serial podcast?

He rejected a plea deal
https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-county/bs-md-ci-syed-plea-deal-20190331-story.html

DNA Evidence
https://people.com/crime/case-against-adnan-syed-hbo-documentary-attorney-says-no-dna-evidence/

Episode 4 alternative suspects discovery ( Don and Mr. S)
Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Great One wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

You're right about that and he even acted like an inmate during the original trial, he was belligerent and agitated by questioning while giving testimony on basic info. There's just no way this creep happened to take a piss in a random spot in miles of barren forest wilderness a la Pine Barrens in Sopranos and the spot he chose had a body in a shallow grave right by it. That story reminds me of an arsonist who returns to the scene of the crime and expresses pity for the dead, which has happened before. I also think Jay Wilds was worked and coached by detectives in the case. A scared 21 year old who they were offering a carrot if he said things that fit their notions of what probably happened to her.

The crime scene pics displaying her in the ground showed that she was well camouflaged even though areas of her skin weren't covered. Even if his piss tale was 100 and it was an absolute coincidence, you then have to believe that he happened to see her while she was almost fully under ground with leaves/sticks on top of the grave. Going by a tenet I learned from Judge Judy, if it doesn't sound right, then it's NOT RITE!!!1 (Judy emphasis). He could have been involved in her murder and/or disposal as far as I'm concerned. Perhaps there's a triangle among those 3 and the truth may never come out. It was a different world in 99 as far as the lack of a public security camera web that we have today in most places, so we're fighting the gaps in her trail during her last day. It's within the realm of possibilities that she was abducted and it wasn't caught on camera. I'm gonna see if Part 2 is available on Spectrum. I've seen enough to know that this is the kind of case that stumps EVeryone involved from outside observers to the cops to the judicial system. It's too bad because Syed may indeed be innocent after all, but it'll never be proven lest they can get the case to the SC.

I read that serial killers hide the bodies but come back because they are necrophiliacs. Mr. S also has a history of streaking, not saying that is give away but a history of being found naked coupled with a history of discovering dead bodies sounds so creepy to me.

Watch episode 4, it blew me away of the explanation of the diamonds shapes found on her body.

And it wouldn't surprise me that the prosecution coached Mr.S and Don the same way the coached Jay to get a conviction of Syed. Its so crazy because each one of those guys are prime suspects to murdering Hae.....
Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:

Quote:
Maryland’s highest court, the Court of Appeals, ruled in a 4-to-3 decision that while Mr. Syed’s defense lawyer had been “deficient” in not calling a potential alibi witness to testify during the trial 19 years ago, ultimately Mr. Syed was not “prejudiced” by that deficiency.

Im leaning hard that he did do it, but i also believe he deserves a new trial.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Great One wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Quote:

So is there info in those podcasts you linked disputing the documentary? I haven't listened to them yet.
Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Great One wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Quote:

So is there info in those podcasts you linked disputing the documentary? I haven't listened to them yet.

The second link is not disputing the podcast, just notes from a prosecutor who felt that the prosecution should be heard equally because they're not allowed to speak on it like the defense has.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: