* OFFICIAL SOUTH BAY LAKERS THREAD *
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 11823

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject:

South Bay Lakers acquire Wes Van Beck

Quote:
EL SEGUNDO (18 March 2019) – The South Bay Lakers have acquired Wes Van Beck from the available player pool, it was announced today by General Manager Nick Mazzella. Van Beck returns to South Bay after appearing in training camp with the team earlier this season.

Van Beck appeared in South Bay’s lone preseason game, where he tallied nine points, two rebounds, one assist and two steals in 17 minutes. Van Beck appeared in 98 games (13 starts) over four years at the University of Houston, averaging 5.5 points, 2.2 rebounds and 1.0 assist in 16.8 minutes.

Van Beck is expected to be in uniform tonight when South Bay takes on the Santa Cruz Warriors at 7:00pm PT from the UCLA Health Training Center.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 11823

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject:

NBA G League
4 hrs ·
Scott Machado has been named #NBAGLeague Player of the Week after scoring a career-high 40 PTS and leading South Bay Lakers to 3-0 mark!


NBA G League
5 hrs ·
10-year vet Spencer Hawes is on the comeback trail, 2 years since his last NBA game. His first 6 games with the South Bay Lakers: 17.8 PPG/6.8 RPG/3.5 APG/2.0 BPG/1.5 SPG/17-29 3FG (59%)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 12184

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
NBA G League
4 hrs ·
Scott Machado has been named #NBAGLeague Player of the Week after scoring a career-high 40 PTS and leading South Bay Lakers to 3-0 mark!


NBA G League
5 hrs ·
10-year vet Spencer Hawes is on the comeback trail, 2 years since his last NBA game. His first 6 games with the South Bay Lakers: 17.8 PPG/6.8 RPG/3.5 APG/2.0 BPG/1.5 SPG/17-29 3FG (59%)


Thanks for the update. I remember Hawes being a pretty good shooter from midrange. He can't be worse than Muscala
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 11823

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Santa Cruz Warriors @ South Bay Lakers (3/18/19)

Live now


Follow
NBA vet Spencer Hawes & the South Bay Lakers take on Golden State Warriors #2WayPlayer Marcus Derrickson & the West-leading Santa Cruz Warriors
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 11823

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
NBA G League
4 hrs ·
Scott Machado has been named #NBAGLeague Player of the Week after scoring a career-high 40 PTS and leading South Bay Lakers to 3-0 mark!


NBA G League
5 hrs ·
10-year vet Spencer Hawes is on the comeback trail, 2 years since his last NBA game. His first 6 games with the South Bay Lakers: 17.8 PPG/6.8 RPG/3.5 APG/2.0 BPG/1.5 SPG/17-29 3FG (59%)


Thanks for the update. I remember Hawes being a pretty good shooter from midrange. He can't be worse than Muscala




I'm going to check out a few minutes of the game and see what's going on...

12 zip start

https://gleague.nba.com/games/20190318/SCWSBL/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 24 Jan 2018
Posts: 10501

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:10 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
NBA G League
4 hrs ·
Scott Machado has been named #NBAGLeague Player of the Week after scoring a career-high 40 PTS and leading South Bay Lakers to 3-0 mark!


NBA G League
5 hrs ·
10-year vet Spencer Hawes is on the comeback trail, 2 years since his last NBA game. His first 6 games with the South Bay Lakers: 17.8 PPG/6.8 RPG/3.5 APG/2.0 BPG/1.5 SPG/17-29 3FG (59%)


Hey we only sign old guy Andre Ingram for PR reasons and not for bb reasons
_________________
Relax, it's just a game bro
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
twisted
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jun 2012
Posts: 1076

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:23 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
NBA G League
4 hrs ·
Scott Machado has been named #NBAGLeague Player of the Week after scoring a career-high 40 PTS and leading South Bay Lakers to 3-0 mark!



I wonder if its too late for him to develop his 3pt skills. He has a place in the NBA if he could...
_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r_61Dq6lXMI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 18 Oct 2012
Posts: 398

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:54 am    Post subject:

11 Assists and 11 TO

I'd rather send Mascalla to SB and sign Hawes. Dude can shoot and nearly destroyed the tank in PHI 2013
_________________
White guy to white guy alley oop
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 36743

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject:

* Jemerrio Jones packs the stat sheet in home finale

Quote:
SB Lakers dropped their final home game to Stockton Kings, 118-108. Jemerrio Jones led South Bay (21-28) with a career-high 21 points, 15 rebounds, seven assists and three steals off the bench.


https://southbay.gleague.nba.com/news/jemerrio-jones-packs-the-stat-sheet-in-home-finale/


* Justin Harper drops 20 points in South Bay’s season finale
Quote:
The South Bay Lakers lost their final game of the season as they fell to the Northern Arizona Suns, 99-96 (box score), on Saturday night.
Justin Harper scored a team-high 20 points off the bench for the Lakers (21-29) in the loss. Three players for Northern Arizona (12-38) grabbed double-doubles as they won the season series against South Bay.


https://southbay.gleague.nba.com/news/justin-harper-drops-20-points-in-south-bays-season-finale/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 36743

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject:

Scott Machado named NBA G League Player of the Month

https://southbay.gleague.nba.com/news/scott-machado-named-nba-g-league-player-of-the-month/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 36743

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:57 am    Post subject:

South Bay Lakers@SouthBayLakers

Quote:
The Architect of #OurWay.

Head Coach Coby Karl explains how building a powerful culture allowed the team to stay connected through the ups and downs of the 2018-19 season.



https://twitter.com/SouthBayLakers/status/1120428604117020672
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 36743

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Jemerrio Jones thinks playing for the Lakers gave him the type of opportunity and exposure that will be valuable for his NBA career

Quote:
In six games with the Lakers this season, Jemerrio Jones learned things he thinks will help him down the road to be an NBA player.


https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/4/30/18324879/jemerrio-jones-lakers-nba-career-season-g-league-two-way-contract-defense-stats-exit-interview

*2019 Player Capsule: Jemerrio Jones
https://www.nba.com/lakers/news/190424-2019-player-capsule-jemerrio-jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 36743

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:07 pm    Post subject:

The SB Lakers roster is taking shape nicely!
Kosta Antetokounmpo and Zach Norvell as current Lakers players on two-way deals. Talen Horton-Tucker will see plenty of action.
Add in Jordan Caroline, Devontae Cacok, Aric Holman. So far, so good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 134771
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:41 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
The SB Lakers roster is taking shape nicely!
Kosta Antetokounmpo and Zach Norvell as current Lakers players on two-way deals. Talen Horton-Tucker will see plenty of action.
Add in Jordan Caroline, Devontae Cacok, Aric Holman. So far, so good.


I don’t read this thread every day so thanks for keeping it updated.
_________________
Cardinals magic number is 2020
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 12432
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
pio2u wrote:
The SB Lakers roster is taking shape nicely!
Kosta Antetokounmpo and Zach Norvell as current Lakers players on two-way deals. Talen Horton-Tucker will see plenty of action.
Add in Jordan Caroline, Devontae Cacok, Aric Holman. So far, so good.


I don’t read this thread every day so thanks for keeping it updated.



Agree!


Thanks!
_________________
The move
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 36743

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:33 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
pio2u wrote:
The SB Lakers roster is taking shape nicely!
Kosta Antetokounmpo and Zach Norvell as current Lakers players on two-way deals. Talen Horton-Tucker will see plenty of action.
Add in Jordan Caroline, Devontae Cacok, Aric Holman. So far, so good.


I don’t read this thread every day so thanks for keeping it updated.



Agree!


Thanks!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 36743

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject:

FYI:

Ex-South Bay Laker Josh Magette signed a to two-way contract with the Orlando Magic


https://www.nba.com/magic/josh-magette-strengths-20190723
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 36743

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:26 am    Post subject:

FYI:
South Bay Lakers Announce Priority Home Games

Quote:

The South Bay Lakers have confirmed six priority home games at the UCLA Health Training Center for the upcoming 2019-20 NBA G League season,



https://southbay.gleague.nba.com/news/south-bay-lakers-announce-priority-home-games/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 36743

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:31 am    Post subject:

Lakers Hire Nina Hsieh as Head Athletic Trainer

The Los Angeles Lakers have promoted Nina Hsieh to Head Athletic Trainer, it was announced today.

Quote:
"Nina has been an invaluable member of the Lakers and South Bay Lakers training staffs for over a decade," said Pelinka.
"Her wealth of experience, ability to forge relationships of trust with the players, as well as the knowledge and passion she brings to this position, make her the perfect fit for this role, and I couldn’t be more pleased."



https://www.nba.com/lakers/releases/190807-lakers-hire-nina-hsieh-head-trainer



Quote:
South Bay Lakers@SouthBayLakers

Always trust in your journey.

7️⃣ seasons in the @NBAGLeague

3️⃣ seasons with the @Lakers

That decade of hard work led to Nina Hsieh receiving a promotion to Head Athletic Trainer for the Los Angeles Lakers. #WomenInSports
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 36743

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject:

SOUTH BAY LAKERS updates:

*Most Interesting Lakers No. 19: Jordan Caroline’s best opportunity to contribute will probably come in South Bay

Quote:
Barring some unforeseen circumstances, Jordan Caroline will have to make his mark in the G League rather than the NBA this season.


https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/8/13/20757256/most-interesting-lakers-19-jordan-caroline-las-vegas-summer-league-nevada-exhibit-10-contract



*Most Interesting Lakers No. 20: Can Aric Holman become a modern big man prospect?

Quote:
Aric Holman will likely spend most of the season with the South Bay Lakers. Can he play his way into consideration for the parent team’s future?


https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/8/12/20748947/most-interesting-lakers-no-20-aric-holman-training-camp-g-league-south-bay-shooting-stats
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 11569

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
SOUTH BAY LAKERS updates:

*Most Interesting Lakers No. 19: Jordan Caroline’s best opportunity to contribute will probably come in South Bay

Quote:
Barring some unforeseen circumstances, Jordan Caroline will have to make his mark in the G League rather than the NBA this season.


https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/8/13/20757256/most-interesting-lakers-19-jordan-caroline-las-vegas-summer-league-nevada-exhibit-10-contract



*Most Interesting Lakers No. 20: Can Aric Holman become a modern big man prospect?

Quote:
Aric Holman will likely spend most of the season with the South Bay Lakers. Can he play his way into consideration for the parent team’s future?


https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/8/12/20748947/most-interesting-lakers-no-20-aric-holman-training-camp-g-league-south-bay-shooting-stats

surprised that article didnt pick up on Holman's knack for blocking shots. I definitely see him as a serviceable role player down the line as there's definitely a job in the NBA for a big who can hit 3 pointers and do some rim protecting.
_________________
(bleep) Kawhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 36743

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
pio2u wrote:
SOUTH BAY LAKERS updates:

*Most Interesting Lakers No. 19: Jordan Caroline’s best opportunity to contribute will probably come in South Bay

Quote:
Barring some unforeseen circumstances, Jordan Caroline will have to make his mark in the G League rather than the NBA this season.


https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/8/13/20757256/most-interesting-lakers-19-jordan-caroline-las-vegas-summer-league-nevada-exhibit-10-contract



*Most Interesting Lakers No. 20: Can Aric Holman become a modern big man prospect?

Quote:
Aric Holman will likely spend most of the season with the South Bay Lakers. Can he play his way into consideration for the parent team’s future?


https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/8/12/20748947/most-interesting-lakers-no-20-aric-holman-training-camp-g-league-south-bay-shooting-stats

surprised that article didnt pick up on Holman's knack for blocking shots. I definitely see him as a serviceable role player down the line as there's definitely a job in the NBA for a big who can hit 3 pointers and do some rim protecting.
Aric averaged an impressive 1.6 blocks per game over 4 years at the collegiate level.
He has potential and the G-League will afford him an opportunity to improve and showcase his skill-set.

*Aric Holman Draft Profile:
https://draftvalue.com/2019/04/16/aric-holman-draft-profile/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 36743

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Most Interesting Lakers No. 18:
Devontae Cacok is a name to keep an eye on down the road

Quote:
As an undrafted rookie, Devontae Cacok is making himself known for the right reasons, especially after landing an Exhibit 10 contract with the Lakers. But what can be expected from the 6’7” big man in his first professional season?


https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/8/14/20754302/most-interesting-lakers-18-devontae-cacok-exhibit-10-contract-g-league-south-bay-training-camp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 36743

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:26 am    Post subject:

*Most Interesting Lakers No. 16:
Can Zach Norvell Jr. be the team’s next diamond in the rough?

Quote:
After obtaining mixed results from their two-way contacts thus far, the Lakers are hopeful their newest signee offers the type of production from the margins they will likely need going forward.


https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/8/16/20755350/most-interesting-lakers-16-zach-norvell-jr-gonzaga-g-league-south-bay-shooting-stats-two-way


*Most Interesting Lakers No. 17:
Is Kostas Antetokounmpo just a way to (legally) tamper with Giannis, or could he be something more?

Quote:

Kostas Antetokounmpo is determined to forge his own NBA legacy, making his season with the Lakers worth watching.


https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/8/15/20751838/most-interesting-lakers-no-17-kostas-antetokounmpo-giannis-free-agency-two-way-contract-g-league
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 36743

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Ex-South Bay Lakers Spencer Hawes To Work Out For Sixers


https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/08/spencer-hawes-to-work-out-for-sixers.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82  Next
Page 78 of 82
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB