The Sam Hinkie Way to Finish the Season
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like this plan
Yes
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
No
71%
 71%  [ 25 ]
Maybe
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 35

70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:43 am    Post subject:

I didn't vote. It's not a plan at all. It only looks like the Sixers had a plan, in retrospect.

That franchise went a twelve year span besting a .500 season just once, and had become irrelevant in terms of playoff contention. One in ten teams that poor could put recreate a team from draft opportunities that rich, and as luck and chance would have it, the Sixers became that team.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: The Sam Hinkie Way to Finish the Season

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
activeverb wrote:
I want back the 20 seconds I gave to reading this post.

I gave up after about 10 seconds. I just came back to find out whether someone else managed to make sense of it. I was counting on you, AV.

I was shirking my duty. I actually read his whole post and it translates into this: it is vitally important to develop the kids, so therefore we should bring in Melo to take most of the shots so we miss the playoffs.

Last edited by activeverb on Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Big Game James wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
...playoff experience for the youth doesnt mean anything...

Jayson Tatum says, "Hi."

Idk why everyone around here is suddenly dumping on him ?

Hes still done more than Brandon Ingram has done in less time, he’s still better than BI and any of our young guys, he’s still a 38%3pt shooter and 86% from the line... name one of our players who’s as effecient... he’s 20.

I'm not sure why you assume I was dumping on Tatum. I personally think that Tatum is good. But I question that he is light years better than Ingram. My post was pointing to the fact that this misconception is reliant on Tatum's increased value based on his playoff performance from last year.

Thus, playoff experience for our youths can impact their perceived value, much the way it has done for Tatum.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Well, it'd be hard to dispute that Jason Tatum is rounding into a high impact player rather more quickly and consistently than has Ingram. Tatum is probably benefiting from NBA better coaching, and yet there's something about his inherent choices (selectivity, finishing and results) that is a full click ahead of Ingram's hoops IQ. I doubt any of the differential stems from playoff experience.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:19 pm    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
Absolutely not. Getting to the playoffs, even a first round exit is beneficial to the development of our young guys. This is the mindset of a losing franchise who tank at the first sight of things going wrong. Lakers can't afford to keep this losing mentality going or they are no better than the Clippers at this point.

Not sure I want playoffs if Ball is still injured
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject:

lakerlynx wrote:
Vince Lombardi's quote is appropriate here:

Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.

Great quote!

This is why we need to try to make the playoffs. Not only do we need to show AD and prospective free agents that we're on the right track towards winning the championship, but we need to teach the young guys the right habits, philosophies and attitude that translates into winning championships.

Tanking would only stunt their development.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: