Path to the Playoffs (30-31)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:38 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Lonzo was a big loss. We're not making the playoffs without him.

Losing Bron for 17 games and then Zo are the big back breakers for us. Don’t think this team has any fight left for a run to make the playoffs
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:13 pm    Post subject:

The team will go on a run after the ASB and make the playoffs.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject:

No playoffs it's not going to happen with the schedule they have ahead of them. Lonzo would have helped but this dude gets hurt all the time around this point in the season. We need whole new approach to this team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
The team will go on a run after the ASB and make the playoffs.

I hope so. At least keep us entertained to the very last game.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:23 am    Post subject:

I hope so too. It would be a joy to see.

Just not optimistic they can overcome the level of dysfunction they have. Who leads the way? Can they "all" buy in to the level of communication, effort and sacrifice needed to make a serious run at a playoff spot?

Expect some good moments the final 25 games but not the consistency needed overall. Hope I am wrong. I hate seeing the Lakers lose, especially in this way. No Heart!
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:23 am    Post subject:

calistrtballr wrote:
Sadly, No playoffs

It is shocking actually, I didn't factor in LeBron missing a month of the season...that killed them along with another Lonzo injury.

That said, the team is not playing hard enough defensively and honestly doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs with the lack of defensive effort they have shown the last several weeks.

I just want to see a team with some competitive fire in it the rest of the way, not more giving up 120+ points all the time.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

Just not optimistic they can overcome the level of dysfunction they have. Who leads the way? Can they "all" buy in to the level of communication, effort and sacrifice needed to make a serious run at a playoff spot?

Expect some good moments the final 25 games but not the consistency needed overall. Hope I am wrong. I hate seeing the Lakers lose, especially in this way. No Heart!

For the YUTES there will be a measure of self preservation and pride (and playing for future contracts). I expect them to play hard.

I think so long as the playoffs are within reach, post ASG you will see a more desperate and determined LBJ. Unless he doesn't care about the tremendous stain of missing the playoffs for the first time since he was a YUTE on the Cavs, then yeah, it's balls to the walls.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:28 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

For the YUTES there will be a measure of self preservation and pride (and playing for future contracts). I expect them to play hard.

I think so long as the playoffs are within reach, post ASG you will see a more desperate and determined LBJ. Unless he doesn't care about the tremendous stain of missing the playoffs for the first time since he was a YUTE on the Cavs, then yeah, it's balls to the walls.

JMO but it is not about playing hard as individuals. It is about playing hard as a team. Not winning consistently over the last 25 unless they can figure that out.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

JMO but it is not about playing hard as individuals. It is about playing hard as a team. Not winning consistently over the last 25 unless they can figure that out.

Of course. But I think a lot of players will have a lot of motivation to go hard the last 25.
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject:

I think the Kings will be our biggest competition going forward. Just glancing at the schedule it looks like ours will be a little more favorable so that's good. But the Kings have looked really good lately and have beaten some quality opponents. This will probably come down to the wire.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject:

i dont think we make it.
The kids have given up and our leaders (lbj and rondo) play zero defense.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Daman Rangoola
‏@damanr

2012-13 Lakers through 57 games: 28-29

2018-19 Lakers through 57 games: 28-29.

LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject:

The Clippers have more or less joined "team tank" so our only real competition is the Kings, so I believe the Lakers still have a very realistic chance to make the playoffs.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
The Clippers have more or less joined "team tank" so our only real competition is the Kings, so I believe the Lakers still have a very realistic chance to make the playoffs.

If the Clippers get a lottery pick, with how they cleared their budget, it's likely the same FA superstars we seek will be filing down to Mr. Jerry West. More and more teams are clearing space to sign free agents. Nothing is an automatic for the Lakers.

We need to serious tank now. I mean a 20 game losing streak sort of tank.
misterchipmunk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Clippers are tanking so I'm not worried about them

The Kings are about to get into their hard stretch of games and I think they can get into a losing streak which gives us an opportunity to catch up.

I still think we will make the playoffs easily. After the ASB, we're gonna go on a run. I have use going 17-8 for a 45-37 finish.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:

If the Clippers get a lottery pick, with how they cleared their budget, it's likely the same FA superstars we seek will be filing down to Mr. Jerry West. More and more teams are clearing space to sign free agents. Nothing is an automatic for the Lakers.

We need to serious tank now. I mean a 20 game losing streak sort of tank.

They might get booed some since the preseason expectation of most was that it would be no problem making the playoffs. A hard tank such as you described would not be popular with some in the fanbase that thought tanking was a thing of the past.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:27 am    Post subject:

A Lakers win coupled with a Sacramento loss keeps the path open
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:02 am    Post subject:

My guess is the cut will be 43-39 to make the playoffs. 45 or 46 for the 7th seed.

But, we must win the remaining games against Kings and Clippers to have tie-break advantages over them. We're currently 1-1 against Clippers and 2-1 against Sac.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:57 am    Post subject:

We play the Clippers two more times and the Kings one more time. Let's (bleep) do this!!
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:37 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
We play the Clippers two more times and the Kings one more time. Let's (bleep) do this!!

SI SE PUEDE! Playoff!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:41 am    Post subject:

misterchipmunk wrote:
Clippers are tanking so I'm not worried about them

The Kings are about to get into their hard stretch of games and I think they can get into a losing streak which gives us an opportunity to catch up.

I still think we will make the playoffs easily. After the ASB, we're gonna go on a run. I have use going 17-8 for a 45-37 finish.

The Clippers are tanking and have a better record their last 10 games than we do
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject:

The forecast of Laker wins against the Nets, Kings, Blazers, Jazz and Clips feels wildly optimistic.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:57 am    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
The forecast of Laker wins against the Nets, Kings, Blazers, Jazz and Clips feels wildly optimistic.

vs Rockets was a sure loss and yet they won.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:11 am    Post subject:

^ Nothing is assured ahead of time, but my POV is that the Lakers have not summoned consistency enough to win all five "gimme" games. We will lose some of those five games named for lack of focus, bad calls, and to an opponent who just outplays us - just as we saw the Lakers do the the heavily-favored Rockets last night.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
^ Nothing is assured ahead of time, but my POV is that the Lakers have not summoned consistency enough to win all five "gimme" games. We will lose some of those five games named for lack of focus, bad calls, and to an opponent who just outplays us - just as we saw the Lakers do the the heavily-favored Rockets last night.

I don't call them gimme games but they are certainly winnable games as opposed to the ones I "predicted" to be sure losses
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: