True Detective
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
How are you watching episode 9 in an 8 episode format?

do not tell him unless he knows the password and handshake!
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Show me the pink room!!!
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Hoyt is Hormel Chillie!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
How are you watching episode 9 in an 8 episode format?

do not tell him unless he knows the password and handshake!

Lee Cullen // handshake

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
Show me the pink room!!!

Me too!

I hope they have a good explanation how Hoyt knew that Hays and West killed Harris James the day after it happened. Maybe it was Hays' calls the night of requesting flight info on James or maybe it was West who betrayed him since he was the only person Hays discussed his suspicions with.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
YSong wrote:
Show me the pink room!!!

Me too!

I hope they have a good explanation how Hoyt knew that Hays and West killed Harris James the day after it happened. Maybe it was Hays' calls the night of requesting flight info on James or maybe it was West who betrayed him since he was the only person Hays discussed his suspicions with.

surveillance cameras?

is it me or are West and Hays not very good cops? So many missed opportunities in the 80s and 90s timeline.
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:11 am    Post subject:

excited for the finale tonight. i feel like this season instead of the puzzle or mystery i more want to see how it ends for the two detectives. great season imo
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject:

SPOILERS

What a great episode. So it looks like the Hoyt daughter took Julie. When she escaped the Hoyts and the church knew she was a target, they did the only thing they could do...they faked her death. She ended up living with her elementary school boyfriend and having a daughter with him, happily ever after.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:44 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
SPOILERS

What a great episode. So it looks like the Hoyt daughter took Julie. When she escaped the Hoyts and the church knew she was a target, they did the only thing they could do...they faked her death. She ended up living with her elementary school boyfriend and having a daughter with him, happily ever after.

In the end Old Hays' memory loss was a blessing.

I didn't understand the meaning of that final scene with Young Hays back in the jungle.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:21 pm    Post subject:

I didn't remember how Amelia died. Did they show it?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Ah, a very satisfying ending. I really enjoyed this season. This show has been redeemed imo.

Purple Hays!
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject:

"The series started out with Wayne searching for a lost Julie and ended with Julie returning a lost Wayne"
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:

why do you say this? I thought it all came back to him as he was drinking the water, and he decided the case was closed for him knowing she was alive and safe.

Also, I found it a little sad that Julie never learned what actually happened with her brother (maybe?) and especially that her father truly did love her and was unaware of what the mother had allowed.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I didn't remember how Amelia died. Did they show it?

not that I recall, but I assume it was an illness like Cancer?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject:

If True Detective has a 4th season I hope they do as good a job in casting talent.

I think one of the reasons season 2 wasn't well accepted was the detectives cast.

Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn didn't live up to Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey. Mahershala Ali and Stephen Dorff captured the love hate those two had.

I also thought the format was good, kept you on your toes. I found now and then captivating. A bit confusing at times but you guys cleared it up for me more than once.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I give the season 8+.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject:

Everyone was rightfully excited for the Ali casting and he was remarkable but Dorff absolutely blew me away. I had no idea Deacon Frost has this level of talent. That porch scene is one of the best I've seen.

Also the wholly mammoth line
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject:

Also here's some closure on Amelia's death and Wayne/Rebecca's relationship/falling out (it's a screencap of NP's response on Instagram):

https://www.reddit.com/r/TrueDetective/comments/aun8vp/a_little_more_closure_on_amelia_and_the/
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

why do you say this? I thought it all came back to him as he was drinking the water, and he decided the case was closed for him knowing she was alive and safe.

Also, I found it a little sad that Julie never learned what actually happened with her brother (maybe?) and especially that her father truly did love her and was unaware of what the mother had allowed.

I didn't get the impression Old Hays remembered that revelation about Julie in that scene. I'm not sure why they added the earlier scene when he broke up with Amelia only to have him remember they made up later on and decided to get married.

I thought it was a blessing that Old Hays wasn't able tell Adult Julie the truth behind her abduction. Like Old Hays, she'd already lost portions of her memory due to the constant lithium doses she was given since the abduction. She appeared to be happy in her adult life so why fill in all the awful details about what happened to her just to give himself some closure?

As for Old Hays and Old West thinking Julie had died, I thought it was a blessing for them as well to finally close the case in their minds. It was obvious throughout the series how much leaving the case unsolved weighed on them throughout their lives.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:13 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Everyone was rightfully excited for the Ali casting and he was remarkable but Dorff absolutely blew me away. I had no idea Deacon Frost has this level of talent. That porch scene is one of the best I've seen.

I was thinking the same thing about Dorff's performance throughout the series and how low my opinion of him was after Blade. Ali was the star but Dorff held his own in every scene and even stole some of them with his wit.

I hope someone makes a highlight reel of all of Hays/West's interview/interrogation scenes for YouTube.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
adkindo wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

I didn't get the impression Old Hays remembered that revelation about Julie in that scene. I'm not sure why they added the earlier scene when he broke up with Amelia only to have him remember they made up later on and decided to get married.

I thought it was a blessing that Old Hays wasn't able tell Adult Julie the truth behind her abduction. Like Old Hays, she'd already lost portions of her memory due to the constant lithium doses she was given since the abduction. She appeared to be happy in her adult life so why fill in all the awful details about what happened to her just to give himself some closure?

As for Old Hays and Old West thinking Julie had died, I thought it was a blessing for them as well to finally close the case in their minds. It was obvious throughout the series how much leaving the case unsolved weighed on them throughout their lives.

I think he did remember when he heard the name Lucy but didn't say anything because like he told his son about the affair (and when he would share with Amelia why he burned his suit) "some times it's best to hold on to a secret that would cause the other person harm".

He needs to live with what the reality is and let Julie be happy. Drudging up the past would probably do more harm than good for her. I just wish he shared the info with Rolland so he had closure too.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

I was thinking the same thing about Dorff's performance throughout the series and how low my opinion of him was after Blade. Ali was the star but Dorff held his own in every scene and even stole some of them with his wit.

I hope someone makes a highlight reel of all of Hays/West's interview/interrogation scenes for YouTube.

They both had some great one liners.
"I was doing real good without some head-sh**tin' birds around here."
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
adkindo wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

I think he did remember when he heard the name Lucy but didn't say anything because like he told his son about the affair (and when he would share with Amelia why he burned his suit) "some times it's best to hold on to a secret that would cause the other person harm".

He needs to live with what the reality is and let Julie be happy. Drudging up the past would probably do more harm than good for her. I just wish he shared the info with Rolland so he had closure too.

That makes sense.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:47 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
They both had some great one liners.
"I was doing real good without some head-sh**tin' birds around here."

my favorite was West in the biker bar.....

"see, I always wondered all these butt faced human pieces of garbage out there walking the earth.....who's making them...I mean what kind of Frankenstein monsters are out there copulating to create these hunks of (bleep) people in the world? Then I come in this bar, and here's you two....give me the answer I have been looking for my whole f'in life"

and then West when they are talking to Junius Watts....

"that's real heroic of you...you cyclops motherf'er"
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject:

Well, I made it through the last episode without falling asleep. . . .
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:

I forgot. Who was West talking to when he said I'm glad you hit me and not the woolly mammoth you're f.....?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 23 of 24
Jump to: