Lakers trade Zubac & Beasely to Clippers for Mike Muscala
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
It is possible that Zubac will help the Clippers just enough so that they finish eighth.

Well they sure as hell aren't tanking. It's between them and the Kings for the 8th spot.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject:

I don't trust Brad Turner's take. If its true, that is an even more terrible move by the front office.

If a rental journeyman on your team complains about playing time, you don't acquiesce and trade away your youth to appease him. That is terrible.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject:

That makes McGee look terrible. If it's true.... Should have traded McGee for thinking he has that type of pull.
GODBE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject:

One of the dumbest trades I've ever seen.
PDX_LAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Why even get Muscala when we don't even play our first round pick Mo. When we did use Mo he played well just to get DNP's ever since. I don't understand why Zubac was shipped out for a shooting big man. Luke's rotations are horrible and that's where the problem lies.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Not buying the public reasons for the trade. If you need to play McGee more to make him happy for whatever reason, just play him more. This to me sounds like they are trying to score some extra points with McGee after the fact, maybe so he’ll be back next season on a min contract. Second, the Beasley needed to be traded thing is silly because they could just release him. Again, sounds like they are trying to get a little more in the sending message department just to do it. And, then the whole contract thing with Zubac is bull because he’s a low cap hold, and again, should they need that space, they can just let him go in the offseason.

I think what they can’t say is that they made a mistake by not bringing back one of their two stretch bigs (Bryant and Lopez). And they can’t say that a real reason for adding a stretch big now is to help increase the value of BI and Lonzo, both of whom miss having Lopez who opens up space and is available for very easy assists on the pick and pop. Easy passes that make the game simpler.

So they push these other narratives to try to get a little something additional from the moves as well as provide some type of answer to the Why? Just my two cents because these other reasons are pretty absurd.
kentu_tiro
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:55 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Not buying the public reasons for the trade. If you need to play McGee more to make him happy for whatever reason, just play him more. This to me sounds like they are trying to score some extra points with McGee after the fact, maybe so he’ll be back next season on a min contract. Second, the Beasley needed to be traded thing is silly because they could just release him. Again, sounds like they are trying to get a little more in the sending message department just to do it. And, then the whole contract thing with Zubac is bull because he’s a low cap hold, and again, should they need that space, they can just let him go in the offseason.

I think what they can’t say is that they made a mistake by not bringing back one of their two stretch bigs (Bryant and Lopez). And they can’t say that a real reason for adding a stretch big now is to help increase the value of BI and Lonzo, both of whom miss having Lopez who opens up space and is available for very easy assists on the pick and pop. Easy passes that make the game simpler.

So they push these other narratives to try to get a little something additional from the moves as well as provide some type of answer to the Why? Just my two cents because these other reasons are pretty absurd.

And if they needed a pick and pop big, why can't they just play Wagner?
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Moe’s not ready to play on the ether end of the floor.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject:

kentu_tiro wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

And if they needed a pick and pop big, why can't they just play Wagner?

Luke seem opposed to playing him for whatever reason. He might as well at least let him play in the G League.

Letting Lopez go was the biggest mistake of the offseason that arguably could've changed the entire season.
ducasse2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
I don't trust Brad Turner's take. If its true, that is an even more terrible move by the front office.

If a rental journeyman on your team complains about playing time, you don't acquiesce and trade away your youth to appease him. That is terrible.

Could be that Lebron weighed in saying he wants to keep the option open to bring him back next year.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:22 am    Post subject:

GODBE wrote:
One of the dumbest trades I've ever seen.

Agreed complete stupidity.
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:05 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

Or else it was a trade to just do a trade. So that they would have something to show.

Which would be the dumbest reason.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:14 am    Post subject:

Shaber wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Or else it was a trade to just do a trade. So that they would have something to show.

Which would be the dumbest reason.

It was a trade meant to show pelicans that their offer is going to be less and less as time passes.

Trade out of spite. super dumb.
XxBaDGuYxX
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject:

I still keep looking at this trade and shake my head every single time. I hope Muscala proves me wrong big time but Zubac's value as a trade asset was MUCH higher than what we got back. Zubac only has a 1M cap hold so its not like you couldn't have resigned him with bird rights.

- Kobe Bryant
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject:

dumbest GM move so far by this new crew, barely beats out letting Randle walk.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:13 am    Post subject:

This will be the worst move Magic made this year, wipe that smile off ur face Magic cause I have NO idea since trade how Luke, team or you intend to defend the paint after seeing teams have their way with us inside the paint against physical big men such as Randle, Davis, etc. etc.

Any player who chooses to enter paint unless McGee can play 40 minutes or stay out of foul trouble (he isn’t able to) without Zubac who was arguably playing the best ball of any Laker & should have continued to start will have their way against us!

HORRIBLE MOVE MAGIC, you traded away our current starting center for a back up. Zubac defended the paint, was playing GREAT, loved being a Laker & you knew McGee wasn’t playing well & Tyson wore down & was also hurt. Now who in the world is gonna play rest of season & plug up the middle with effort, health & be physical? 60 games in & every game is like starting over & no one learning a darn thing about playing hard from get go. It’s unwatchable basketball & I like Luke, but something needed to change & don’t believe anything will this year... Those HORRIBLE LOSSES to worst teams in league will be the difference in not making the playoffs & the blame is from top to bottom!!!

I don’t give a rats behind if you had no intention to resign him, you play out the rest of season with a hot commodity. You got schooled & panicked at deadline. STOP GIVING AWAY OUR YOUNG PLAYERS FOR CRAP!!! Rob P. Is a puppet under you & unless you pull off a miracle & get Leonard to come to Lakers or another super star you need to step down or Jeanie needs to fire you for this fiasco clown show that’s on the floor every game!!!

We don’t have any easy wins & what is our longest win streak this year 3 games? Every other team I watch plays with energy & gives effort, this team is mentally weak & you contribute to it with your dumb media talk, Rob too. You may be a good business man but if LBJ didn’t want to come to LA post career you wouldn’t have gotten him!

If you get caught back up in the AD trade after they made a fool out of us, you better not over pay & give up the two kids who are playing well right now ( BI & KUZ), you’d think you woulda learned your lesson?
HC: Riley
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject:

Quote:
@Trevor_Lane

The Lakers are rumored to be interested in adding a big man with their open roster spot.

https://twitter.com/Trevor_Lane/status/1100656250965110784

So we trade a big man and now we’re looking for a big man?

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject:

Muscla will make an impact. Give him time.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Wait, is he averaging 20 and 10?
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:

Yeah, a month.
HC: Riley
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject:

This trade angers me every game. Traded our best big man + a bench spark for a scrub who barely plays. Truly senseless.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject:

I think Javale had urges to shoot threes, and he seems to have good form too. I bet he can do 34% if you give him the green-light. It's funny how NBA players are like actors, they get typecast, and encourage to stay in their lane. On the other hand, you got a dude with no inside skills such as Muscala, so to survive in the league he had to shoot threes, and not even at a high clip, and we somehow coveted that.

Ivica had the telltale sign that he could be molded into a good shooter like Gasol, and that is his free throw shooting. He has a good touch, he rebounds. He was a handful for the Warriors and Thunders. These are two top teams in the league. There couldn't have been anymore obvious signs that you got something special here. But nah, lets deal him for someone who hits a three pointer once in awhile. This is the perfect example of piss poor talent evaluation.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:

We have who we have
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Dude is the reincarnation of Hakeem Olajuwon. He has more blocks than Hakeem has this month, how many of you guys have your Muscala jerseys? They're selling like hot cake.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject:

You know how you can tell it's amateur hour in El Segundo? Muscala's last good game was against the Lakers. LOL! You can take it to the bank that Maginka was influenced by that performance, and now they must be puzzled why they haven't seen such a performance again.

Remember when the Celtic's Daniel Theis lit us up? 20 pts 6 boards. I looked at his game log, and that was also his last good game. LOL! He's fallen off the map as well. Apparently, we cannot guard stretch 5 scrubs. Maginka in the lab right now cooking up ways to get Theis. Magic, "I wonder if Kuzma and Josh Hart will get it done. Boy that Theis can shoot!"
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 21 of 23
Jump to: