Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 751, 752, 753 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PDX_LAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:27 pm    Post subject:

How long must we endure this circus!
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt4LAKpUbcw

nick wright is correct. what is Luke good at?

tell me 3 things Luke is really good at as a coach

Defense and the players like him. Ok I got 2.

players like him? How they didn't show up in Knicks/Cavs game at home or against Indy/ATL on road?

I blame the players for that but to each his own. I think the idea you have to motivate guys who play basketball for a living every night is (bleep) crazy. Call me old school, but I blame players for not showing up. It's your job.

Thanks Jeanie

I wish!
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:33 pm    Post subject:

What makes jeanie qualified to decide on whether luke stays as coach. Isnt this a basketball decision?
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:34 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Where was the defense since lonzo went down? Does Lebron like him?
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:40 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Beasley didn't like him and Javale seemingly doesn't either based on what we're hearing.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:41 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
What makes jeanie qualified to decide on whether luke stays as coach. Isnt this a basketball decision?

It's still her team and that's an big decision, which would need her approval.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Page 752 still not fired
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:24 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:

She's the owner so she can do whatever she wants. I don't think she gave Magic full control over all basketball decisions. She's running the Lakers because of her inheritance. Not because she has worked herself from the ground up and bought the team herself. She's almost like Mark Davis, another heir who has no qualification to run a big sport franchise that's running the team into the ground.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:06 am    Post subject:

iimarshon wrote:
what is YUTES? lol

YUTES, as in "two YUTES walk in to a convenience store and kill a clerk". We'll leave YUTES driving a car with positraction to the next discussion.

https://www.rosewriting.com/uploads/2/2/5/1/22516752/what-is-a-yute_orig.jpg
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:18 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Page 752 still not fired

LeBron is responsible for this crappy season.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
Lovefool
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:37 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

She's the owner so she can do whatever she wants. I don't think she gave Magic full control over all basketball decisions. She's running the Lakers because of her inheritance. Not because she has worked herself from the ground up and bought the team herself. She's almost like Mark Davis, another heir who has no qualification to run a big sport franchise that's running the team into the ground.

Umm she is one of the most qualified owners in the league. She worked in the organization since graduating college. Thats 30 years. It's not like she's making bad decisions. She hired basketball minds to run the ship. Her being loyal to Luke is the Laker way. It has earned him the chance to finish the season. Although i feel we do need a coaching change, i doubt firing him will help us get into the playoffs.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Lovefool wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

Umm she is one of the most qualified owners in the league. She worked in the organization since graduating college. Thats 30 years. It's not like she's making bad decisions. She hired basketball minds to run the ship. Her being loyal to Luke is the Laker way. It has earned him the chance to finish the season. Although i feel we do need a coaching change, i doubt firing him will help us get into the playoffs.

she was working on business side for the Lakers not basketball in those 30 years. She did not hire experienced people to run things. Magic has no experience building a team. Pelinka has no experience being a GM.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Lovefool wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

Jeanie Buss:
0 for 5 making the playoffs in full seasons after Jerry Buss passed (after making the playoffs 32 of 34 years under Jerry Buss).

Born into the ownership family, did not independently build anything

Only wants to hire people she has a relationship with.

0 for 2 on Major Free Agent Pitches (2015 "modern free agent disaster pitch" Lamarcus Aldridge, 2014 30yr old 24ppg Carmelo Anthony back when he was actually still decent)

Dwight "Stay D12" Howard debacle.

Jeanie is NOT qualified for any decisions on the basketball side, she was nepotismed into the job.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Remember when people were team Jeannie lol
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
Lovefool wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

Jeanie Buss:
0 for 5 making the playoffs in full seasons after Jerry Buss passed (after making the playoffs 32 of 34 years under Jerry Buss).

Born into the ownership family, did not independently build anything

Only wants to hire people she has a relationship with.

0 for 2 on Major Free Agent Pitches (2015 "modern free agent disaster pitch" Lamarcus Aldridge, 2014 30yr old 24ppg Carmelo Anthony back when he was actually still decent)

Dwight "Stay D12" Howard debacle.

Jeanie is NOT qualified for any decisions on the basketball side, she was nepotismed into the job.

I was never much of a fan of her even when people were in love before the circus started.. she seems about as fake as you get imo when in front of a camera.. she'll be instant bff's with anyone that is famous pretty much (which worked when she wasn't making basketball decisions).. the whole buss family is a bust outside of obviously jerry.. the one good thing is I do not have to hear her constantly talking on every other sports outlet lately since it's now magic that talks nonstop which is a bit of an upgrade but would be awesome if they just kept the basketball business side in house as much as possible.. i just really hope they land another max in free agency or I have a feeling things are going to get wayyyyy worse before they get better.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:15 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:

Every offseason a hit piece came out that made Jim/Mitch look bad and make Jeanie look good, so people were going to take her side.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:37 am    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
YSong wrote:

Every offseason a hit piece came out that made Jim/Mitch look bad and make Jeanie look good, so people were going to take her side.

It was laughable. Should've fired Jim and put Jerry West in his place. Problem (bleep) solved.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:38 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Lovefool wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

she was working on business side for the Lakers not basketball in those 30 years. She did not hire experienced people to run things. Magic has no experience building a team. Pelinka has no experience being a GM.

Did Bob Meyers GM before the GSW? Has Joe Lacob own a NBA Franchise before? Has Steve Kerr coached anything?
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:00 am    Post subject:

Give credit to Luke to lead the team full of youngsters and new comers once to No.4 in the wild Wild West. It’s the injuries and trade rumours damage the chemistry built.

Have said that, I would say we have attcked the opponents’ weakest like seriously enough. At this point if the season, we should have tried to find out the opponents’ weakest link and exploit it all the game. We should also have utilised our players who got hot in game more. However, it seems only general rules are applied through the game and games, no matter who we were playing against who are getting hot.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:02 am    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
YSong wrote:

It wasn't hard to make Jim look bad.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
Lovefool wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

Did Bob Meyers GM before the GSW? Has Joe Lacob own a NBA Franchise before? Has Steve Kerr coached anything?

Key distinction being that Bob Meyers has full autonomy and chose Kerr as the coach. Rob Pelinka, who has nearly the same background as Meyers, is second fiddle to Magic and seems like he has had zero imprint on the team thanks to Jeanie and Magic.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:37 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

It's been awful and I don't know, probably not. This conversation always comes back to the same thing, who is the coach who is going to come in and turn this around? I personally don't think Luke is a bad coach. I think the roster is much more of a problem.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:19 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
iimarshon wrote:
what is YUTES? lol

YUTES, as in "two YUTES walk in to a convenience store and kill a clerk". We'll leave YUTES driving a car with positraction to the next discussion.

https://www.rosewriting.com/uploads/2/2/5/1/22516752/what-is-a-yute_orig.jpg

I use yutes too.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Practice wrote:
YSong wrote:

It was laughable. Should've fired Jim and put Jerry West in his place. Problem (bleep) solved.

This is what Ramona Shelburne said back in 2017:
With Johnson's and Pelinka's hirings now official, Jeanie Buss knows there are those who wish she would've looked outside the franchise and her circle of trust to remake the Lakers. She has heard from all of them in the past few months. But there were only ever four men who had the stature and level of respect from her to be entrusted with this task: Johnson, Jackson, Jerry West and Kobe Bryant.

West is held in high esteem, but he's currently under contract with the Golden State Warriors.

Jackson became less and less of an option the more settled he became in New York and certainly by the time they announced the end of their relationship in December.

Bryant is too fresh off his playing career and deep into his business pursuits. But it's worth noting that he met with Buss and Rambis in February to give his opinion on the state of the franchise. He also advocated for Pelinka, his former agent, who will take over as the Lakers general manager.

That left Johnson, who was probably Buss' first choice, anyway.

If we end up striking out and Magic leaves as he said he would, I'm curious as to whether Jeanie would actually look outside the organization or if she would just be pitching the job to Kobe and Rambis.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Props. Good game. Got them playing defense. Kept them motivated to dig themselves out of a 19 point deficit.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 751, 752, 753 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 752 of 818
Jump to: