Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:26 pm    Post subject:

CHAMP24 wrote:
GabKoost wrote:
I don't even know what to think about this.

Losing against such pathetic teams when we were in dire need of w's is unacceptable. It's not like we are complete garbage. Last time i checked we were supposed to have the "best player ever" for some.

Really, how many Hawks player would start for us? How are we losing like that without showing a glimpse of fire or desire?

I can't really blame Lebron after he had a season high assists game with a triple double but..

But would have Kobe lost this game? I do remember Kobe at 34 yo, in a somewhat similar situation (injured squad with unfitting coaching) + Old players, killing himself out there.

He would play all the minutes needed and take all the shots necessary to take the team to the PO. And he did while running himself to the ground.

This is the difference between Kobe, a true Laker, and Lebron, someone who only cares and looks for himself long term.

Is the Lebron experiment really fitting for us? Where would we be if Lebron hadn't been Magic's priority?

We would still have this young core + DLo + Randle.

And i bet you that our record would be the same and perspectives for the impending free agency MUCH BETTER.

I hope we won't have to endure 2/3 years more of this.

Let's cut to the chase. LBJ AIN'T NO KILLER. HE AIN'T NO KOBE and never will be. He ain't cut like that. I watched it up close. They were giving this fool 10+ feet to shoot all night. I have NEVER seen ANY team give KOBE that much room. Let's stop the (bleep). (bleep) LEDIVA! KD was right. I never really believed in Bron, he doesn't excite or entertain me. Bron ball is boring and is a proven loser. 3-6 in the finals. How dare the media be so dismissive of Kobe like Bron passed him long ago.

Why did you post the same thing twice? Are you even a Lakers fan? This is more than Lebron, stop making this team all about Lebron everytime things dont pan out the way we want it. It's a (bleep) team effort.
CHAMP24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
CHAMP24 wrote:
GabKoost wrote:
I don't even know what to think about this.

Losing against such pathetic teams when we were in dire need of w's is unacceptable. It's not like we are complete garbage. Last time i checked we were supposed to have the "best player ever" for some.

Really, how many Hawks player would start for us? How are we losing like that without showing a glimpse of fire or desire?

I can't really blame Lebron after he had a season high assists game with a triple double but..

But would have Kobe lost this game? I do remember Kobe at 34 yo, in a somewhat similar situation (injured squad with unfitting coaching) + Old players, killing himself out there.

He would play all the minutes needed and take all the shots necessary to take the team to the PO. And he did while running himself to the ground.

This is the difference between Kobe, a true Laker, and Lebron, someone who only cares and looks for himself long term.

Is the Lebron experiment really fitting for us? Where would we be if Lebron hadn't been Magic's priority?

We would still have this young core + DLo + Randle.

And i bet you that our record would be the same and perspectives for the impending free agency MUCH BETTER.

I hope we won't have to endure 2/3 years more of this.

Let's cut to the chase. LBJ AIN'T NO KILLER. HE AIN'T NO KOBE and never will be. He ain't cut like that. I watched it up close. They were giving this fool 10+ feet to shoot all night. I have NEVER seen ANY team give KOBE that much room. Let's stop the (bleep). (bleep) LEDIVA! KD was right. I never really believed in Bron, he doesn't excite or entertain me. Bron ball is boring and is a proven loser. 3-6 in the finals. How dare the media be so dismissive of Kobe like Bron passed him long ago.

Why did you post the same thing twice? Are you even a Lakers fan? This is more than Lebron, stop making this team all about Lebron everytime things dont pan out the way we want it. It's a (bleep) team effort.

i am the biggest Laker fan you will EVER find but the truth is the truth.
CHAMP24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:32 pm    Post subject:

People were begging for him to "Take OVER!". I just smirked to myself and told him that he ain't built like that. EVERY NIGHT!!!
CHAMP24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject:

I was like silly wabbit, you believed the hype that got shoved down your throat. Look, I wish he would ball out and win some rings for us but it ain't looking good.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:52 pm    Post subject:

GabKoost wrote:

There is no valor in Lebron running himself into the ground to maybe get a playoff spot, while injuring himself such that he becomes a liability for the remainder of his contract. Yes, it would epic if he went so hard he blew out his Achilles, just like Kobe. And then we're stuck with Lebron's contract for 3 more years.

Don't think the cost of Kobe's (insane) heroics were lost upon other players. It ain't worth sacrificing the remaining years you have as a player for a lost cause of a season. Kobe's maniacal approach wound up costing both him and the team dearly.

Let him save something in the tank for next season.
CHAMP24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject:

It's sad. Can't even make the playoffs with da kang. I never liked everything else around this dude being blamed every time he loses. If we don't bring in another stud, the LBJ Laker era will be a bust.
CHAMP24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject:

When he said he had nothing else to prove, I was like really mofo? Get off my team then if you feel that way. I wish things were different.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Bottom line...very poorly constructed roster + poorly coached + tons of injuries = disaster season

Magic and Pelinka need to sit down and think this through with some pros who have the experience.

Need shooters, need defense, need much better coaching
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Still dead last in NBA FT%. Nice.
CHAMP24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Hey, he has nothing left to prove....anything else is just icing on the cake...
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:50 pm    Post subject:

I had to go out for the evening... so I didn't comment earlier... but the time management at the end was freaking inexcusable.

I like Luke mostly because I was a stan of his dad back in the day... but letting time run off the clock like that was unforgivable.

We need to clean house from the top to Klutch.

I like MJST's suggestions on the other thread.
Wvc0925
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject:

CHAMP24 wrote:
When he said he had nothing else to prove, I was like really mofo? Get off my team then if you feel that way. I wish things were different.

I felt the exact same way. Why doesn’t he just retire?
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject:

This crap is in no way all on LeBron, give it a rest. If they simply split the 17 games he was out they would be in 4th right now. This team just lacks cohesion, the talent is there but the mental fortitude isn't.

Under .500 is on EVERYBODY, even the assistant coaches.
Captain America
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:11 am    Post subject:

We are a poorly constructed roster with no bigs/power forwards and we are missing our best/second best player depending how you view an older LeBron. Add on top LeBron's injury and I'm not surprised we look just like we did last year without Zo. Pray that ankle heals up soon
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:59 am    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
Still dead last in NBA FT%. Nice.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Bottom line...very poorly constructed roster + poorly coached + tons of injuries = disaster season

Magic and Pelinka need to sit down and think this through with some pros who have the experience.

Need shooters, need defense, need much better coaching
nickj08
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject:

Captain America wrote:
We are a poorly constructed roster with no bigs/power forwards and we are missing our best/second best player depending how you view an older LeBron. Add on top LeBron's injury and I'm not surprised we look just like we did last year without Zo. Pray that ankle heals up soon

who's the best player on this team if Bron is #2?
Captain America
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject:

nickj08 wrote:
Captain America wrote:

Zo in terms of overall impact, we technically aren't "missing" Lebron even though he is hobbled.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:27 am    Post subject:

Captain America wrote:
nickj08 wrote:
Captain America wrote:

Zo in terms of overall impact, we technically aren't "missing" Lebron even though he is hobbled.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47
Page 47 of 47
Jump to: