OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1719, 1720, 1721 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:57 am    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
It’s a shame that the organization hasn’t prioritize the development of Ingram (and everyone else). The national media feels he’s a passive bust, but when he is traded to Charlotte or Washington next season the narrative will suddenly become he’s a very good player and someone the Lakers gave up on too early.

He's been showing signs for almost 2 months straight, despite the trade rumors.

He looks near the cusp of a breakout season next year. Instead of trying to force the issue his way, he's been sticking to what works, and that's a sign of skill maturity/decision-making.

Unfortunately that breakout season will probably be somewhere else 😔

I'm on the island of sticking with the kids and then going for AD in 2020. IF not, then sticking with the kids.

I don't like working on LeBron's window at the expense of the franchise. LAL has already sacrificed enough talent to other teams for cap space and they've been paying the price when LeBron is hurt.

The best of all worlds would be that Kuzma, Ingram, Ball even Hart all hit their strides down the stretch......we dont trade ppl and just add to our roster......and all the patience pays off.

Here is to that happening

That’s gonna take one hell of a stretch run. Get to at least the 7 seed, make the WCF and win a game or two vs the Warriors. Otherwise I see Magic making big changes.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
We sold our souls as a team the moment Bron signed on. IF, we can somehow steal AD while picking up a guy like Kyrie I won’t be bothered nearly as much losing our youth and depth but if we start fire selling guys for “names” like Memba Walker it will admittedly hurt.

When I look at the league and see DLo blossoming into an all-star (I admittedly didn’t believe in him), Thomas Bryant turning into a VERY quality payer in Washington, JC leading the league in bench points (finally in a role he can produce) while playing efficiently but then have to read between the MAGIC lines of desire for cap space or “names” I can’t help but feel we’re going down a dark path with little light in sight.

Hopefully I’m wrong and we simply have our minds made up, AD in trade and/or a free agent. Nothing else.

It's gotta be so frustrating for our (very good) scouting department to watch guys that they picked thriving elsewhere. If Magic & Pelinka don't come through this summer, I'm gonna be banging the "give Jesse Buss more power" drum pretty loudly.

Absolutely. I’ve been echoing the same idea to an associate of mine ever since the Indy game and piss poor trade deadline shenanigans.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
We sold our souls as a team the moment Bron signed on. IF, we can somehow steal AD while picking up a guy like Kyrie I won’t be bothered nearly as much losing our youth and depth but if we start fire selling guys for “names” like Memba Walker it will admittedly hurt.

When I look at the league and see DLo blossoming into an all-star (I admittedly didn’t believe in him), Thomas Bryant turning into a VERY quality payer in Washington, JC leading the league in bench points (finally in a role he can produce) while playing efficiently but then have to read between the MAGIC lines of desire for cap space or “names” I can’t help but feel we’re going down a dark path with little light in sight.

Hopefully I’m wrong and we simply have our minds made up, AD in trade and/or a free agent. Nothing else.

It's gotta be so frustrating for our (very good) scouting department to watch guys that they picked thriving elsewhere. If Magic & Pelinka don't come through this summer, I'm gonna be banging the "give Jesse Buss more power" drum pretty loudly.

Absolutely. I’ve been echoing the same idea to an associate of mine ever since the Indy game and piss poor trade deadline shenanigans.

Buss & West - 2020
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

What is this narrative we are just pissing away good prospects for nothing? If we decide to move one of them, we are getting value back, weather that be more talent, picks or cap space. We're not running a charity lol.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:06 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

What is this narrative we are just pissing away good prospects for nothing? If we decide to move one of them, we are getting value back, weather that be more talent, picks or cap space. We're not running a charity lol.

Giving up an all star for an expiring deal(future cap space) and a late first round pick is pretty (bleep) charitable.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:30 pm    Post subject:

It's comical watching him stand in the corner when he can do so much more in the post.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:30 pm    Post subject:

double post

Last edited by KindCrippler2000 on Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
trablos wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

Giving up an all star for an expiring deal(future cap space) and a late first round pick is pretty (bleep) charitable.

He wasn’t an all star when they traded him. They tried to trade him for a top 12 pick and found no takers.

https://lakeshowlife.com/2017/06/20/rumors-lakers-offering-dangelo-russell-in-exchange-for-top-12-pick/

I’m glad he’s matured and became a better player but I’m not so sure that would have happened here
tony
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject:

I've said this countless times before and the same people keep saying it's because we keep going away from BI but (bleep), does anyone have a stat for how (bleep) bad he plays after he has a good first half? This man straight disappears every time he has a good half and its freaking ridiculous.
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject:

tony wrote:
I've said this countless times before and the same people keep saying it's because we keep going away from BI but (bleep), does anyone have a stat for how (bleep) bad he plays after he has a good first half? This man straight disappears every time he has a good half and its freaking ridiculous.

It’s Luke’s garbage offense. He sticks him in the corner and let’s rondo and lebron go 1 on 1
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject:

tony wrote:

Lebron absolutely dominates the ball and takes everyone out of their rhythm, it’s disgusting to watch
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
It’s a shame that the organization hasn’t prioritize the development of Ingram (and everyone else). The national media feels he’s a passive bust, but when he is traded to Charlotte or Washington next season the narrative will suddenly become he’s a very good player and someone the Lakers gave up on too early.

He's been showing signs for almost 2 months straight, despite the trade rumors.

He looks near the cusp of a breakout season next year. Instead of trying to force the issue his way, he's been sticking to what works, and that's a sign of skill maturity/decision-making.

Unfortunately that breakout season will probably be somewhere else 😔

I'm on the island of sticking with the kids and then going for AD in 2020. IF not, then sticking with the kids.

I don't like working on LeBron's window at the expense of the franchise. LAL has already sacrificed enough talent to other teams for cap space and they've been paying the price when LeBron is hurt.

Or at least take a swing for any number of max guys this summer.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:56 pm    Post subject:

With the way the league is trending, he needs to get a 3 pt shot quick.

It's unacceptable.

He's going the complete opposite of what the trend is.
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Not sure if anyone saw or posted this but the article is titled finding new roles for some of the nbas most misused talents and guess who’s on it

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/1/14/18181720/nba-misused-players-justise-winslow

Pete Zayas, a.k.a. Laker Film Room, recently posted a Twitter thread explaining how he thinks the Lakers botched Ingram’s development by trying to turn him into who they wished he’d be instead of developing him as the player he is. In short, the Lakers skipped on grooming Ingram’s defense, playmaking, and off-ball skills—which players like Paul George and Kawhi Leonard had to hone early in their respective careers—and instead jumped ahead and forced him into a lead on-ball scorer role. By doing this over his first three seasons, Ingram built habits that have him looking to score first and pass second, but this season has suddenly thrust him into a situation where he should be picking his spots and finding opportunities within the flow of the offense. That’s a jarring transition
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
With the way the league is trending, he needs to get a 3 pt shot quick.

It's unacceptable.

He's going the complete opposite of what the trend is.

Here’s a take from the article I posted

. It’s critical that Ingram shoot well off the catch, but it still looks like he’s unfolding a lawn chair when he shoots. Ingram brings the ball to his forehead before launching, a hitch that may be the cause of his struggles from the field and from the free throw line
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Him getting in foul trouble totally ruined his rhythm to end the second and in the 3rd.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Solid game outside of the turnovers..

He's no longer having bad games which is a good sign.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:19 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
tony wrote:

Lebron absolutely dominates the ball and takes everyone out of their rhythm, it’s disgusting to watch

I hate it!

If he’s going to monopolize the ball at least try to take the game over good grief! I’m so mad at Lebron right now.
nickj08
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:21 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

LOL imagine big upping your #2 overall big for not having multiple "bad games" in a row. Should be taking over games and being Lebron's sidekick
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject:

This wasn’t a game BI was going to win for us. Did you see those poor 4th Q ISO’s he had? Too much time and hesitation. Need a 3 point shot badly.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:25 pm    Post subject:

nickj08 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

LOL imagine big upping your #2 overall big for not having multiple "bad games" in a row. Should be taking over games and being Lebron's sidekick

Umm.. yea. I'm big upping a 21 year old who has struggled with inconsistency. Like his other teammates.

You don't jump from being inconsistent to being great. What we're seeing is progression.

Who else is taking over games on this team and winning them?
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:26 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
This wasn’t a game BI was going to win for us. Did you see those poor 4th Q ISO’s he had? Too much time and hesitation. Need a 3 point shot badly.

Or simply a framework/offense to work within. While he works on the 3.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:27 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Or simply a framework/offense to work within. While he works on the 3.

He had the foul troubles and then some bad sequences in the 4th trying to get back in the flow.
nickj08
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
nickj08 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Umm.. yea. I'm big upping a 21 year old who has struggled with inconsistency. Like his other teammates.

You don't jump from being inconsistent to being great. What we're seeing is progression.

Who else is taking over games on this team and winning them?

Ingram is awful in the clutch, he is turnover prone, cant score consistently, doesnt look for his teammates, and dribbles into trouble before taking up tough shots. He doesn't have any semblance of a 3 point shot. Jesus there's so many things wrong with this dude after 3 years and he's barely made ANY progress.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject:

20PPG at 55% for the last 10 games is progression.

He's trending in the right direction. That's all you can ask for really.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1719, 1720, 1721 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1720 of 1885
Jump to: