The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1015, 1016, 1017 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:28 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
TMG wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFwQ1or2T7w&t=547s

Did people already forget this game?

What do you mean with this? We lost 143-120 at Philly last night. I only remember that game at the moment. That is the game you should look.

My issue is that we should NEVER lose by 23 points with Lebron playing. I can understand with him not playing, but we had both Lebron and Rondo on the court, and we're still losing big.

We were +0 in the minutes he played. - 23 in the minutes he didn't play.
Philly is a really good team, so that actually makes sense. And we're still missing our second best player (in my opinion).
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

But to singularly blame LBJ is missing the point.

One can and should blame LBJ singularly for showing leadership. He does not. That is the main issue. Rondo seems to be doing more in that regard than LBJ.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:21 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
Well I know one thing. Bringing him with this awful contract was a huge mistake. We will regret it for next three years. He lost his touch and his aggressiveness. At the beginning of the year I was happy to have him but now I am sad we have old slow LBJ.

Only his 4th game back. Probably still pacing himself and trying to get back in shape...

I hope but we are running out of time and we have though schedule until the end. Other players also need to step up. Ingram, Rondo, KCP they have to do more if we want to make the playoffs.

Running out of time? It's his first year, playoffs would be nice.. But this has always been a trial year. Real season starts next year.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:40 am    Post subject:

The LeBron injury sadly will take us out the possibility of any decent analysis.

Regardless of everything else: coaching, roster building and all that, no LeBron James team can be anaylsed fairly if he misses so many games in a season, period.
Yellow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:33 am    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
The LeBron injury sadly will take us out the possibility of any decent analysis.

Regardless of everything else: coaching, roster building and all that, no LeBron James team can be anaylsed fairly if he misses so many games in a season, period.

I think LBJ missing games is the only way to be able to analyze the team.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:29 am    Post subject:

We signed an aging superstar that has a tendency to be unwilling to take over games, the fact that he's gotten injured and been even less willing to do so now isn't too surprising. It was a bad signing without a second superstar locked up.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:54 am    Post subject:

Lets just put this here...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtwvjzXgI4w/
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:33 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
I have concerns about Lebron becomes an injury prone player at his age. But I think outside of his recent injury, he is just not giving 100% effort on the court. And I don’t blame him for that.

This is one of those statements that still shock me.

You don't blame him for not playing hard? For taking the max contract and leadership mantle of your favorite team only to "not give 100%"?

Would you give any other player that free pass? Would you be so accommodating if Durant, Davis or Leonard played less then 100% and coasted? How about Ingram or Kuz? They had a tough week, is it understandable if they coast a couple games?

Dude, you don't understand what's he's saying.

You literally cannot go 100% in a regular season over 82 games. You will break down, especially the load he has to carry.

KD has 3 all NBA players around him; Warriors certainly coasted earlier in the season. KL has a very deep team around him, and he has elected to take a bunch of games off for rest this season. AD has been in and out of the lineup with injuries/rest too.

I understand what he is saying. Are you understanding me?

I'm not comparing the Lakers to the Warriors. Lakers need to find a way to become a playoff team, then become a consistent playoff team, then a contender. No short term quick fixes.

Any other player (not just max but any) coasting is an issue. Add in the additional responsibility of being "The Guy" on a rebuilding team just complicates it more. Multiple championship and contending teams have the luxury to take games off and coast while another takes over. Rebuilding teams fighting for a playoff sopot do not have that luxury.

You continue to bring up George. If he signed instead of James. If he was injured for 20 games. If the Lakers were in this same position of desperately needing wins to just make the playoffs. Would you be giving him the same pass or making excuses for him as some seem to be doing for James?

And yes, I understand he is an aging player that can't give his full effort every night. One of my biggest issues with signing him as the marquee player to build around for the next 3 years. Timeline is off.

Doubtful they can surround him with enough players and coaching and develop a Championship chemistry needed to win in such a short window.

As you said, he is an aging player. He is 34 not 24. You want him to play hard every night so in the last year of his contract he can only play half of the total game due to injury? I want a healthy Lebron to play with another max free agent so we can fight hard in the Finals. Comparing to that goal, I am not too upset if we don’t make the playoff this year. Injury is always the risk when you sign an aging player.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:57 am    Post subject:

In the summer do you think the 76ers would trade us Simmons, Embiid, Redick plus two first round picks for LeBron?

🤔
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:18 am    Post subject:

None of you will be complaining when he puts the team on his back after the ASG and carries us into the 7th seed, and into the WCFs. You guys must not have watched him in CLE. He did the same thing every year. Cruises in the season and turned up the gear for playoffs
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:41 am    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
None of you will be complaining when he puts the team on his back after the ASG and carries us into the 7th seed, and into the WCFs. You guys must not have watched him in CLE. He did the same thing every year. Cruises in the season and turned up the gear for playoffs

Hope you are right. I would love to see a deep playoff run.

Not just James being the marquee player we all expected but a lot of other things need to improve for that to happen.

Getting the defense back in order and not giving up 140 pts would be a good start!
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
We signed an aging superstar that has a tendency to be unwilling to take over games, the fact that he's gotten injured and been even less willing to do so now isn't too surprising.

What planet are you living on? He has a Finals victory over the Warriors because of his tendency to take over an entire NBA Finals series. There have been numerous games this season he has taken over. I get that "kobe" is in your name, but come on, can you come up with a reality based take?
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:21 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
We signed an aging superstar that has a tendency to be unwilling to take over games, the fact that he's gotten injured and been even less willing to do so now isn't too surprising.

What planet are you living on? He has a Finals victory over the Warriors because of his tendency to take over an entire NBA Finals series. There have been numerous games this season he has taken over. I get that "kobe" is in your name, but come on, can you come up with a reality based take?

Some of this stuff is just stupid and I keep hearing it.....

"Lebron wont take over games"
"Lebron is on cruise control"

Lebron is one of those players that gets other people the ball while getting his own points...and if those players dont make shots that is not his fault.......the numbers do not lie.

As for cruise control.....you can tell the guy is not completely healthy yet
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject:

People using a still recovering Lebron as evidence he no longer has it We didn't hear this when he was tearing up earlier in the season.

Hopefully he comes back after the ASB at full strength
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:56 pm    Post subject:

I’m beyond done with Queen James, his presence on the Lakers is worse than all of our tanking years
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Don’t give me the BS injured crap. He isn’t even trying
D-Shiznit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Really wish we never signed this fraud, F em'
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:01 pm    Post subject:

He represents everything wrong with counting stats.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Couldn't even get it up for the last 6 minutes to win this game. I'm honestly not sure he wants to make the playoffs.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:05 pm    Post subject:

He's purposely has no sense of urgency because he wants Luke fired.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Triple double
D-Shiznit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Please trade LeBron and sign Kwahi.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
RG73 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

Some of this stuff is just stupid and I keep hearing it.....

"Lebron wont take over games"
"Lebron is on cruise control"

Lebron is one of those players that gets other people the ball while getting his own points...and if those players dont make shots that is not his fault.......the numbers do not lie.

As for cruise control.....you can tell the guy is not completely healthy yet

I feel like he has been on cruise control most of the season except a game here or there.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Lebron doesn't care, and it's affecting the team... he needs to be a leader.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject:

LoL without LBJ these clowns lose by 50

Sit down be humble!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1015, 1016, 1017 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1016 of 2079
Jump to: