OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 855, 856, 857 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robster8989
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:22 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
32 wrote:
PG didn't want to come here. He made up his decision long before the season ended and it had nothing to do with LBJ joining the Lakers. He was comfortable playing in OKC and playing with his bro RW.

Speculation.

Actually 32 is correct. PG not coming had nothing to do with LBJ joining the Lakers, since PG made his decision long before LBJ joined the Lakers.

West Point '88
UCLA '92
75th Ranger Regiment '88-'04
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Robster8989 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
Can someone explain to me what makes the Clippers attractive? Our young players take criticism, non of their young guys are all star talents. All serviceable and decent prospects, but media wants to make these guys out to be stars.

Also, their future first round treasure trove of picks will be a protected late first from Philly and the Miami pick, which is yet to be determined where it will land.

Billionaire owner, Jerry West, new arena, lots of cap space, Los Angeles, scrappy young team, a coach player's like, no drama.

There arena is 5 years out. All owners are wealthy. Jerry West is 80. They'll always be second fiddle. Sorry, it's like the Mets/Yankees, Mets will always be second fiddle franchise.

Clippers have come up a lot, don't get me wrong, just roster construction wise it's not like they have Embiid/Simmons. SGA is literally their best young player yet I just read an article on SI.com touting their treasure trove of talent and picks. Uh, what? But the Laker players all stink?

Jeanie's net worth minus her stake in the Lakers is 20 million... or a little more than one year of what we paid to Deng

Steve Ballmer is worth 41 billion.

What does that mean?
Jeanie's net worth MINUS her Laker value?
Why bring up her worth MINUS her biggest asset?
What is Ballmer's net worth MINUS Microsoft?
Zucks worth MINUS FB?
Why does that even matter?
Why even say something like that?
Paul Allen was the wealthiest NBA owner for many years, but he never won a championship.
Steelers and Patriots have the most super bowls, are they also the wealthiest owners? Not even close.
Stick to your constant droning about things that actually matter, please, rather than making up stuff that doesn't.

Not only that but the Lakers are worth twice as much as the Clippers. They have a TV deal the Clippers can only dream about. The Lakers bring in twice the money the Clippers do. Just like that billionaire Russian dude that owned the Nets...how did that go for him? Gimme a break with all this nonsense Clipper talk.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I was one of the biggest PG13 advocates on LG and even I didn’t imagine the season he’s having.

He is averaging 36 ppg over the last 12 with an 11-1 record.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:36 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Robster8989 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
Can someone explain to me what makes the Clippers attractive? Our young players take criticism, non of their young guys are all star talents. All serviceable and decent prospects, but media wants to make these guys out to be stars.

Also, their future first round treasure trove of picks will be a protected late first from Philly and the Miami pick, which is yet to be determined where it will land.

Billionaire owner, Jerry West, new arena, lots of cap space, Los Angeles, scrappy young team, a coach player's like, no drama.

There arena is 5 years out. All owners are wealthy. Jerry West is 80. They'll always be second fiddle. Sorry, it's like the Mets/Yankees, Mets will always be second fiddle franchise.

Clippers have come up a lot, don't get me wrong, just roster construction wise it's not like they have Embiid/Simmons. SGA is literally their best young player yet I just read an article on SI.com touting their treasure trove of talent and picks. Uh, what? But the Laker players all stink?

Jeanie's net worth minus her stake in the Lakers is 20 million... or a little more than one year of what we paid to Deng

What does that mean?
Jeanie's net worth MINUS her Laker value?
Why bring up her worth MINUS her biggest asset?
What is Ballmer's net worth MINUS Microsoft?
Zucks worth MINUS FB?
Why does that even matter?
Why even say something like that?
Paul Allen was the wealthiest NBA owner for many years, but he never won a championship.
Steelers and Patriots have the most super bowls, are they also the wealthiest owners? Not even close.
Stick to your constant droning about things that actually matter, please, rather than making up stuff that doesn't.

Not only that but the Lakers are worth twice as much as the Clippers. They have a TV deal the Clippers can only dream about. The Lakers bring in twice the money the Clippers do. Just like that billionaire Russian dude that owned the Nets...how did that go for him? Gimme a break with all this nonsense Clipper talk.

Clippers have a $35M operating income to the Lakers $136M.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbespr/2018/02/07/forbes-releases-20th-annual-nba-team-valuations/#2a7b1dab34e6
ericp6387
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject:

How would you guys feel about Kemba Walker signing with us at the end of the season? Just curious.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
if you want to pencil in PG13 on the roster then you might as well pencil off BI and Ball too as that is what it would take to get him

This.

Also, I couldn't care less about PG from a Lakers perspective. He is having a really good moment... but even with what he's doing, I have OKC behind GSW/Philly, Raptors, Bucks and the Rockets in terms of winning the whole thing. It's his loss for CHOOSING to not come here, AFAIC.

Last edited by LAL1947 on Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Robster8989 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
32 wrote:
PG didn't want to come here. He made up his decision long before the season ended and it had nothing to do with LBJ joining the Lakers. He was comfortable playing in OKC and playing with his bro RW.

Speculation.

Actually 32 is correct. PG not coming had nothing to do with LBJ joining the Lakers, since PG made his decision long before LBJ joined the Lakers.

That's the timeline of the signings. But we don't know how much our season-long courtship of Lebron influenced his thinking. It was an open secret Lebron was coming here to many in the NBA before he officially signed.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject:

ericp6387 wrote:
How would you guys feel about Kemba Walker signing with us at the end of the season? Just curious.

Thats a fail adding Kemba won't win championships
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject:

ericp6387 wrote:

I'm a Kemba fan..but it looks like the Hornets want to resign him.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject:

ericp6387 wrote:

Would rather have...

KD
Kawhi
Klay
Kyrie
Butler (idk about this one )

After that, it's between him and Middleton (maybe Tobias too?). Main concern is defensively he'd get hunted in the playoffs on switches. But he's good for sure.

Also #NeverCousins
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
ericp6387 wrote:

Would rather have...

KD
Kawhi
Klay
Kyrie
Butler (idk about this one )

After that, it's between him and Middleton (maybe Tobias too?). Main concern is defensively he'd get hunted in the playoffs on switches. But he's good for sure.

Also #NeverCousins

KD
Kwahi
Klay
Kyrie
Kemba
Khris

In that order.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

Good for him, but has her net worth impeded the Lakers from making moves? All organizations operate under the confines of the cap, luxury tax, and pretty fixed player deals. Ballmer's billions isn't going to get any player more money.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

Good for him, but has her net worth impeded the Lakers from making moves? All organizations operate under the confines of the cap, luxury tax, and pretty fixed player deals. Ballmer's billions isn't going to get any player more money.

Crazy to think that Bezos could buy Balmer and Gates outright. 😝 Well, pre-divorce.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:41 pm    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

thanks for common sense post.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject:

We don't know that the Lakers would go over the cap under Jeanie's stewardship. They haven't been taxpayers since 2013-2014.

Even in the less punitive tax days, the Lakers were renowned for using draft picks to dump salary.

All Lebron James teams dating through Miami and his 2nd Cleveland stint were massive taxpayers.

Ballmer wouldnt even notice the type of pax payment the highest spenders make.

Meanwhile, the kind of tax Gilbert was making is enough to eat up all of the Buss family profits in a year. Does she have the authority to do that?
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

Having an owner who has 2050 times the wealth of the other owner is an advantage even if there is no outright cheating. The amount he can invest into infrastructure... the respect and credibility that it brings. Most of our players are richer than Jeanie. I've always liked her but I'm not thrilled with how this is going right now.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
We don't know that the Lakers would go over the cap under Jeanie's stewardship. They haven't been taxpayers since 2013-2014.

Even in the less punitive tax days, the Lakers were renowned for using draft picks to dump salary.

All Lebron James teams dating through Miami and his 2nd Cleveland stint were massive taxpayers.

Ballmer wouldnt even notice the type of pax payment the highest spenders make.

Meanwhile, the kind of tax Gilbert was making is enough to eat up all of the Buss family profits in a year. Does she have the authority to do that?

the last time we had to field a championship team at the cost of luxury tax, we had done that.

no idea why you get the feeling that it might be different this time.

lets wait and watch before we come to conclusions based on net worth.
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
ericp6387 wrote:

I'm a Kemba fan..but it looks like the Hornets want to resign him.

NO!!!!!!
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

Having an owner who has 2050 times the wealth of the other owner is an advantage even if there is no outright cheating. The amount he can invest into infrastructure... the respect and credibility that it brings. Most of our players are richer than Jeanie. I've always liked her but I'm not thrilled with how this is going right now.

the respect and credibility is in the brand.......are you comparing the lakers to the clippers.....i dont care how much money Ballmer has....its the clippers and it is not even in the same discussion as the lakers.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:10 pm    Post subject:

clutchkobe wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

the respect and credibility is in the brand.......are you comparing the lakers to the clippers.....i dont care how much money Ballmer has....its the clippers and it is not even in the same discussion as the lakers.

((POLITICAL CONTENT REMOVED - JMK))
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
clutchkobe wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

((DELETED - JMK))

Actually that's pretty funny...Just tobe clear..The Mets will never take over the Yankees...The Angels will never take over the Dodgers...and the lowly Clippers will absolutely never over take the Lakers.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

What does this mean?

Most headlines involving Ballmer include "destroyed Microsoft" and "wants to move the team to Seattle".

Sure one could make an argument for the Clippers. But you'd have to want to make that argument. As of today, they aren't a playoff team. A measly 2 games separate them from us in the standings with 20+ games to go.

Love Lou Williams to death. I lived in Philly during the Jrue Holiday and Lou years. Got tickets for cheap. Had a great time.
But good luck winning a playoff series with Lou Williams as more than a 6th man.
Kawhi has been his best on and off the court when he was surrounded by talent. Similarly to Jimmy Butler. And looking at that Clippers roster. I don't see it. You got Lou Williams a perpetually hurt Gallo and .... maybe SGA will be decent?
jg77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Kemba over Kyrie if we go that route.

Kyrie/Lonzo....yikes. We'd probably only have our starting backcourt for 40% of the season.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

What does this mean?

Most headlines involving Ballmer include "destroyed Microsoft" and "wants to move the team to Seattle".

Sure one could make an argument for the Clippers. But you'd have to want to make that argument. As of today, they aren't a playoff team. A measly 2 games separate them from us in the standings with 20+ games to go.

Love Lou Williams to death. I lived in Philly during the Jrue Holiday and Lou years. Got tickets for cheap. Had a great time.
But good luck winning a playoff series with Lou Williams as more than a 6th man.
Kawhi has been his best on and off the court when he was surrounded by talent. Similarly to Jimmy Butler. And looking at that Clippers roster. I don't see it. You got Lou Williams a perpetually hurt Gallo and .... maybe SGA will be decent?

I think we could win the hearts of other free agents.

Let me clear about that.

However, I think due to Klutch's influence we are only trying with full effort for AD.

If I am wrong... I will be immensely relieved. I've never wanted to be so wrong about a sports prediction in my life.

It's the leaking of trade offer... Magic's haggard look when he did the players need to be professionals speech.

He doesn't have the feeling of someone who has our agent locked down and everything under control.

I saw this same look when the PG thing went south.

But I pray you guys are all right... that I'm paranoid... and I'm happy if everyone on the site is laughing at me all next season... if we either do the trade and sign a third elite... if we don't do the trade and sign someone else... if we punt and wait for AD in 2020.

All of these outcomes are worth getting ridiculed a thousand times over.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject:

jg77 wrote:
Kemba over Kyrie if we go that route.

Kyrie/Lonzo....yikes. We'd probably only have our starting backcourt for 40% of the season.

I vote neither

completely agree re: kyrie and lonzo though
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 855, 856, 857 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 856 of 8560
Jump to: