OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 854, 855, 856 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Denver is adding IT to its team next year?

Yeah you're right... although they would seemingly have the inside track on signing him for a good price.

If that's the only point you could nitpick out my post... I'll consider it a success then.

I didn't read the rest of your post. Need to use paragraphs!!!

But I don't know if he returns to Denver. He wants the $ and Denver doesn't offer that.

As an attorney you should be used to reading double spaces.

Is that why you can't use paragraphs like everyone else here?
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah you're right... although they would seemingly have the inside track on signing him for a good price.

If that's the only point you could nitpick out my post... I'll consider it a success then.

But I don't know if he returns to Denver. He wants the $ and Denver doesn't offer that.

Studied comparative literature at UCLA for 7 years... same difference as far as writing goes... always typing in double spaces.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:29 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Studied comparative literature at UCLA for 7 years... same difference as far as writing goes... always typing in double spaces.

We are not attorneys or comp. lit. folks in here. Writing in paragraphs just helps everyone read it easier, and when you quote your lengthy double paragraph stuff it just clutters up the place.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject:

Big free agents don't typically leave, you guys have all these guys leaving for other franchises.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject:

Can someone explain to me what makes the Clippers attractive? Our young players take criticism, non of their young guys are all star talents. All serviceable and decent prospects, but media wants to make these guys out to be stars.

Also, their future first round treasure trove of picks will be a protected late first from Philly and the Miami pick, which is yet to be determined where it will land.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject:

Also f D Cousins, don't want that guy at all
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Big free agents don't typically leave, you guys have all these guys leaving for other franchises.

Eh... it's a different era now. No more loyalty to one franchise.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Can someone explain to me what makes the Clippers attractive? Our young players take criticism, non of their young guys are all star talents. All serviceable and decent prospects, but media wants to make these guys out to be stars.

Also, their future first round treasure trove of picks will be a protected late first from Philly and the Miami pick, which is yet to be determined where it will land.

Billionaire owner, Jerry West, new arena, lots of cap space, Los Angeles, scrappy young team, a coach player's like, no drama.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

Billionaire owner, Jerry West, new arena, lots of cap space, Los Angeles, scrappy young team, a coach player's like, no drama.

There arena is 5 years out. All owners are wealthy. Jerry West is 80. They'll always be second fiddle. Sorry, it's like the Mets/Yankees, Mets will always be second fiddle franchise.

Clippers have come up a lot, don't get me wrong, just roster construction wise it's not like they have Embiid/Simmons. SGA is literally their best young player yet I just read an article on SI.com touting their treasure trove of talent and picks. Uh, what? But the Laker players all stink?
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

There arena is 5 years out. All owners are wealthy. Jerry West is 80. They'll always be second fiddle. Sorry, it's like the Mets/Yankees, Mets will always be second fiddle franchise.

Clippers have come up a lot, don't get me wrong, just roster construction wise it's not like they have Embiid/Simmons. SGA is literally their best young player yet I just read an article on SI.com touting their treasure trove of talent and picks. Uh, what? But the Laker players all stink?

Forgot to add, Lawrence Frank knows how to tamper behind closed doors. He's been attending every Raptors game, even in Toronto. And no one seems to be talking about it.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

Exactly. They did exactly what we did last year....open up for 2 max players. Their young talent is nothing to write home about.
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject:

i dont understand where everyone thinks kawhi is going to the clippers. The clippers put out that scenario and everyone is following it. No one is kawhi camp or kawhi has said he is going to the clippers. Chris carter on first things first has said numerous times the lakers need to be patient and they could have kawhi.....so i am not a believer that a guy with that much talent will go to the B team in the city where he is not on the star franchise. Kawhi still wants to be seen and recognized....it wont happen on the clippers.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
pokoy wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:
Is PG13 the best player in the game?

1st team All-NBA, 1st team All-D

I was one of those who said good riddance to PG13 this past summer, didn't think he was worth the max.

Oops. Add that to the long list of things I've been completely wrong about.

even within his biggest supporters on LG, I never saw anyone project him to have a year like he has this season.

I was probably the most vocal against PG13. But you're right, people who wanted him we're completely satisfied with him AS IS. I always thought he had Kobe/T-Mac size and skills, but he just wasn't dominant and inefficient in two pt areas. This Kobe type season is freaking out of the blue, and since he's not a Laker, I hope it's a fluke season.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

Jeanie's net worth minus her stake in the Lakers is 20 million... or a little more than one year of what we paid to Deng

Steve Ballmer is worth 41 billion.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:23 am    Post subject:

clutchkobe wrote:
i dont understand where everyone thinks kawhi is going to the clippers. The clippers put out that scenario and everyone is following it. No one is kawhi camp or kawhi has said he is going to the clippers. Chris carter on first things first has said numerous times the lakers need to be patient and they could have kawhi.....so i am not a believer that a guy with that much talent will go to the B team in the city where he is not on the star franchise. Kawhi still wants to be seen and recognized....it wont happen on the clippers.

I've wondered the same thing. Talking heads call KL to LAC like it's a dun deal.

We have to load up with young talent, a top 3 player, and a max cap space and nobody's talk about anyone specific.

Despite his deep pockets the LAC owner is obnoxious at the games. No one will tell him to not act that way - because of who he i$. If Jeanie did that LG would have a field day. Doc is a decent coach but they've emptied the cupboard completely. End of season record will tell the whole story - They are tanking and everything is right with the world. IMO that's a sharp fall from a roster of Griffin, CP3, & DJ.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

They're in LA, are hungry to win, and probably the biggest advantage they have over the Lakers is they don't come with the attention/expectations that the premiere teams do. They can be an "underdog" even when they are good and the media and their fans aren't going to freak out and scrutinize every single thing when they lose a game (like the Mets aren't criticized like the Yankees are). Plus there's the whole legacy/brand thing. Being the first guy to win the franchise a title is huge, especially in a big market. Nick Foles will always be a legend in Philadelphia because of this.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject:

if you want to pencil in PG13 on the roster then you might as well pencil off BI and Ball too as that is what it would take to get him
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:34 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
if you want to pencil in PG13 on the roster then you might as well pencil off BI and Ball too as that is what it would take to get him

Or we could have rolled out the red carpet for him instead of LBJ... and gotten a different result.

At the time... it was the right decision knowing what we knew then... but considering what LBJ's done to team morale... his inability to land, or to try to land someone other than AD... we should have thrown ourselves at PGs feet.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject:

PG didn't want to come here. He made up his decision long before the season ended and it had nothing to do with LBJ joining the Lakers. He was comfortable playing in OKC and playing with his bro RW.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
PG didn't want to come here. He made up his decision long before the season ended and it had nothing to do with LBJ joining the Lakers. He was comfortable playing in OKC and playing with his bro RW.

Tween schoolgirls have fallen in love in less time than PG fell for Russ.

I'm not saying he doesn't genuinely like the guy... but I feel like there's more to the story.

My theory is that we either spurned PG first thinking we had better options coming... or simply lost him through apathy or neglect.

But no one knows...

We'll find out in ten years the real story when PG retires.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:56 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
clutchkobe wrote:
defense wrote:
Let's see how he does in the playoffs before we declare him the goat

Lebron james is not the GOAT! and will never be. That a bunch of writers who only look at stats. You see lebron, is he good this year.....no. He is a laker and i will root for him but come on. All of see that he is not as great as the hype is. we saw magic and kobe first hand....and this guy does not come close. I know he is at the end of his career but the hype of espn has always been greater than the talent. Still love him as a laker!!!

no matter what me and you think, I expect by the time he retires, the majority narrative will be he is the GOAT....and that narrative will likely last for a couple decades. Each day that passes, less and less people with opinions saw Kareem, Jordan or whoever you think is the GOAT play.

There is only one GOAT... MJ.

Then there's the lil GOAT... Kobe. And now we have the faux-GOAT... Lebron.

Last edited by LAL1947 on Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:03 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Speculation.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Paul George didn't gave Magic (bleep) Johnson a meeting.
He never wanted to be here.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject:

I was one of the biggest PG13 advocates on LG and even I didn’t imagine the season he’s having.
Robster8989
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

Jeanie's net worth minus her stake in the Lakers is 20 million... or a little more than one year of what we paid to Deng

Steve Ballmer is worth 41 billion.

What does that mean?
Jeanie's net worth MINUS her Laker value?
Why bring up her worth MINUS her biggest asset?
What is Ballmer's net worth MINUS Microsoft?
Zucks worth MINUS FB?
Why does that even matter?
Why even say something like that?
Paul Allen was the wealthiest NBA owner for many years, but he never won a championship.
Steelers and Patriots have the most super bowls, are they also the wealthiest owners? Not even close.
Stick to your constant droning about things that actually matter, please, rather than making up stuff that doesn't.

West Point '88
UCLA '92
75th Ranger Regiment '88-'04
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 854, 855, 856 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 855 of 8560
Jump to: