OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1718, 1719, 1720 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject:

The way the Ingram thread now, is the way it should have always been.

No crazy stans... no crazy hate... Mostly sober analysis on how he needs to get better.

Shows you the agenda certain people had that ended with the trade deadline.

Remember this when they come back in July to finish him off.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject:

Whatsoever, i’m an Ingram fan!
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject:

It’s a shame that the organization hasn’t prioritize the development of Ingram (and everyone else). The national media feels he’s a passive bust, but when he is traded to Charlotte or Washington next season the narrative will suddenly become he’s a very good player and someone the Lakers gave up on too early.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

No crazy stans... no crazy hate... Mostly sober analysis on how he needs to get better.

The lack of martyr posts is how it should be too....
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Because I prefer constructive criticism versus quality posters blending with outright trolls, I'm a martyr?

Today I learned...
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:55 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Because I prefer constructive criticism versus quality posters blending with outright trolls, I'm a martyr?

Today I learned...

No your constant mention of agenda and desire to play the victim was what I was referring to.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
It’s a shame that the organization hasn’t prioritize the development of Ingram (and everyone else). The national media feels he’s a passive bust, but when he is traded to Charlotte or Washington next season the narrative will suddenly become he’s a very good player and someone the Lakers gave up on too early.

He's been showing signs for almost 2 months straight, despite the trade rumors.

He looks near the cusp of a breakout season next year. Instead of trying to force the issue his way, he's been sticking to what works, and that's a sign of skill maturity/decision-making.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

He looks near the cusp of a breakout season next year. Instead of trying to force the issue his way, he's been sticking to what works, and that's a sign of skill maturity/decision-making.

Unfortunately that breakout season will probably be somewhere else 😔
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

I'm on the island of sticking with the kids and then going for AD in 2020. IF not, then sticking with the kids.

I don't like working on LeBron's window at the expense of the franchise. LAL has already sacrificed enough talent to other teams for cap space and they've been paying the price when LeBron is hurt.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:12 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Today I learned...

No your constant mention of agenda and desire to play the victim was what I was referring to.

Odd because I've never felt like a victim. Maybe annoyed as hell, but never like people were doing anything to me.

And as far as the agenda goes... I prefer to think the desire to trade everything for AD is agenda based rather than stupidity based.

Excuse me for holding higher hopes for the intelligence of my fellow man.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:12 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

I'm on the island of sticking with the kids and then going for AD in 2020. IF not, then sticking with the kids.

I don't like working on LeBron's window at the expense of the franchise. LAL has already sacrificed enough talent to other teams for cap space and they've been paying the price when LeBron is hurt.

I have some bad news for you...
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

All of the kids?
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

I wish you would post this more often. Maybe others would actually listen to you.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Can you elaborate?
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

We sold our souls as a team the moment Bron signed on. IF, we can somehow steal AD while picking up a guy like Kyrie I won’t be bothered nearly as much losing our youth and depth but if we start fire selling guys for “names” like Memba Walker it will admittedly hurt.

When I look at the league and see DLo blossoming into an all-star (I admittedly didn’t believe in him), Thomas Bryant turning into a VERY quality payer in Washington, JC leading the league in bench points (finally in a role he can produce) while playing efficiently but then have to read between the MAGIC lines of desire for cap space or “names” I can’t help but feel we’re going down a dark path with little light in sight.

Hopefully I’m wrong and we simply have our minds made up, AD in trade and/or a free agent. Nothing else.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:21 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

This has been my biggest gripe with the coaching staff... from what I see there is very little development focus on our young players. If you are drafting a top 3 player you should be going all out to help develop that player to their fullest potential
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
All of the kids?

Depends on the AD situation. They'd all be in Pelicans jerseys right now if Magic had his way.

LeBron's timeline and the kids' timeline don't match up. You can guess which one of those two will be prioritized. I hope at least one of the Lonzo, Ingram, & Kuzma trio stick around but I'm not holding my breath. They've already discarded several kids for short-term reasons over the last couple of years.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
We sold our souls as a team the moment Bron signed on. IF, we can somehow steal AD while picking up a guy like Kyrie I won’t be bothered nearly as much losing our youth and depth but if we start fire selling guys for “names” like Memba Walker it will admittedly hurt.

When I look at the league and see DLo blossoming into an all-star (I admittedly didn’t believe in him), Thomas Bryant turning into a VERY quality payer in Washington, JC leading the league in bench points (finally in a role he can produce) while playing efficiently but then have to read between the MAGIC lines of desire for cap space or “names” I can’t help but feel we’re going down a dark path with little light in sight.

Hopefully I’m wrong and we simply have our minds made up, AD in trade and/or a free agent. Nothing else.

It's gotta be so frustrating for our (very good) scouting department to watch guys that they picked thriving elsewhere. If Magic & Pelinka don't come through this summer, I'm gonna be banging the "give Jesse Buss more power" drum pretty loudly.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject:

It's good to see Golden Throat and Mike sticking up for the kids a little.

So frustrating to see a large portion of the forum dead set on AD or bust like Magic.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
All of the kids?

Depends on the AD situation. They'd all be in Pelicans jerseys right now if Magic had his way.

LeBron's timeline and the kids' timeline don't match up. You can guess which one of those two will be prioritized. I hope at least one of the Lonzo, Ingram, & Kuzma trio stick around but I'm not holding my breath. They've already discarded several kids for short-term reasons over the last couple of years.

Ya, the Lebron and the kids talk was cute, but we've seen this movie twice. I just want to keep Lonzo.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:39 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

So frustrating to see a large portion of the forum dead set on AD or bust like Magic.

Well, the Pelicans seem ever more dead set on not trading AD to LA...
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:41 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Well, the Pelicans seem ever more dead set on not trading AD to LA...

One can only pray their mindset continues.

If I were the other owners, I'd repeal the rule that you can only trade your first round picks every other year... so Magic would trade even more picks.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:44 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
All of the kids?

Ya, the Lebron and the kids talk was cute, but we've seen this movie twice. I just want to keep Lonzo.

We can hope.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:49 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

The best of all worlds would be that Kuzma, Ingram, Ball even Hart all hit their strides down the stretch......we dont trade ppl and just add to our roster......and all the patience pays off.

Here is to that happening
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:

The best of all worlds would be that Kuzma, Ingram, Ball even Hart all hit their strides down the stretch......we dont trade ppl and just add to our roster......and all the patience pays off.

Here is to that happening

Cheers!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1718, 1719, 1720 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1719 of 1885
Jump to: