OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1596, 1597, 1598 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

I still don't understand why they gave a 4-6 week timetable. Now we're going to add more drama next week when Lonzo obviously isn't ready.

Week 3 and he's running under water. There's absolutely no way he's going to be ready by week 4, he won't even be ready by week 6 reading that. Lakers are pathetic when it comes to timetables.

I thought it was encouraging. He might have an outside chance of being back in six weeks. I was thinking eight would be the minimum.

I think you were on target with the 8-week prediction.
Lovefool
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Watching games without Zo just solidifies my opinion about him. He is the truth. He makes our team better because his defense sets the tone for the whole team. As great as Lebron is, controlling the offense, it's Zo that controls our defense and gets the team in that mindset to get stops. To me he is untouchable. Defense wins championships. What an advantage to have someone at point that can cut the head off the snake.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Fracture wrote:
[Ganguli]A look at the Lakers defensive problems without Lonzo Ball and a minor update on him. He’s started being able to run on an underwater treadmill, per source.

I still don't understand why they gave a 4-6 week timetable. Now we're going to add more drama next week when Lonzo obviously isn't ready.

Week 3 and he's running under water. There's absolutely no way he's going to be ready by week 4, he won't even be ready by week 6 reading that. Lakers are pathetic when it comes to timetables.

It's living tissue, and he's a professional athlete. All the team physician can do is make an educated guess. And his injury cannot simply heal; it needs to be strong enough to perform at an elite level.

It seems like some posters here believe that the players are actually mechanical men, and the timeline is based on parts availability and repair timeline.
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Fracture wrote:
[Ganguli]A look at the Lakers defensive problems without Lonzo Ball and a minor update on him. He’s started being able to run on an underwater treadmill, per source.

It's living tissue, and he's a professional athlete. All the team physician can do is make an educated guess. And his injury cannot simply heal; it needs to be strong enough to perform at an elite level.

It seems like some posters here believe that the players are actually mechanical men, and the timeline is based on parts availability and repair timeline.

It’s more the fact that in this day and age the lakers medical staff can’t seem to project recovery times. Taking 6 weeks as the number based on their 4/6 week timeframe, it will still be woefully under estimated by the looks of it.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Lovefool wrote:
Watching games without Zo just solidifies my opinion about him. He is the truth. He makes our team better because his defense sets the tone for the whole team. As great as Lebron is, controlling the offense, it's Zo that controls our defense and gets the team in that mindset to get stops. To me he is untouchable. Defense wins championships. What an advantage to have someone at point that can cut the head off the snake.

100% agree. While my favorite player is Ingram, I can also recognize the importance of Ball for defense and Kuzma for out and out scoring.

I don't find a trade palatable. This is a strong team in 2 years. Less strong since we traded Zubac though
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Fracture wrote:

My issue is that our players never follow the timeline, let alone come before it. While other teams have no problem issuing a timeline and the players keeping up with it and other teams provide regular updates. It's been 3 weeks and this is the best update we can get?

Last edited by CantStopJM on Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Fracture wrote:

My issue is that our players never follow the timeline, let alone come before it. While other teams have no problem issuing a timeline and the players keeping up with it and other teams provide regular updates. It's been 3 weeks and this is the best update we can get?

Rondo came back before his timeline I think.
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Lovefool wrote:

100% agree. While my favorite player is Ingram, I can also recognize the importance of Ball for defense and Kuzma for out and out scoring.

I don't find a trade palatable. This is a strong team in 2 years. Less strong since we traded Zubac though

We made a lot of great picks over the past 4-5 years of tank-a-thon all we needed was develop them and show a little patience. We haven’t proved to be very good at either.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:07 pm    Post subject:

I think this rest is great for him. Ingram should be the next to get “injured”. Adding Morris will be great for our defense, toughness and spacing. Should fix a lot of issues we have and keep us in the playoff hunt until Lonzo returns.

We were a top 4 team in the West before all the injuries so we know what this team is capable of. We just need to stay in the playoff race and get everyone healthy by at least a month before playoffs. That way we can hopefully hit our stride by the time the playoffs start.

Lebron took a month off, rondo took a month off, Lonzo is taking a month off...Tyson chandler is playing so few minutes we should be able to play him big minutes in the offs.

We should be fresh, deep and dangerous come playoff time.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:19 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
I think this rest is great for him. Ingram should be the next to get “injured”. Adding Morris will be great for our defense, toughness and spacing. Should fix a lot of issues we have and keep us in the playoff hunt until Lonzo returns.

We were a top 4 team in the West before all the injuries so we know what this team is capable of. We just need to stay in the playoff race and get everyone healthy by at least a month before playoffs. That way we can hopefully hit our stride by the time the playoffs start.

Lebron took a month off, rondo took a month off, Lonzo is taking a month off...Tyson chandler is playing so few minutes we should be able to play him big minutes in the offs.

We should be fresh, deep and dangerous come playoff time.

Fail Volt this one
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Glad he's running in the water.
ibij
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:10 am    Post subject:

Any progress is good.

Hope he can back before season over.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

The bad part about treating your players like crap, is that they have no motivation whatsoever to come back early.

If I were Lonzo, I'd take my time. His only reward for risking injury coming back too soon is a trip to the Big Easy.

I'm not saying I wouldn't come back if I was healthy... but I'd make sure I wasn't in any danger of causing further injury.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject:

No on court work so at least a couple of weeks away. Lucky we have the ASB coming up
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject:

No defensive impact whatsoever.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject:

To think one guy makes such a difference for the defense
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:25 pm    Post subject:

While Lonzo is out, should we sign his brothers LemonJello and Lamelon to fill in?
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Was Lonzo the only one playing defense?
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:49 pm    Post subject:

He's the 2nd most important player on this team. ZO and Bron playing every game and we were 4th. I hope he comes back as good as we saw him in the Mavs, OKC, Rockets stretch. Can't afford to be rusty for long given our situation.
nickj08
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:50 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
He's the 2nd most important player on this team. ZO and Bron playing every game and we were 4th. I hope he comes back as good as we saw him in the Mavs, OKC, Rockets stretch. Can't afford to be rusty for long given our situation.

I can't believe that I agree with this but I do. Bron and Zo are the most important players on this team. Zo does so much defensively, and was making some good progress... Lakers need Zo back
OCLakeShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Lakers are 3-8 since Zo got hurt in Houston
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject:

What have we been giving up... about 135 points per game since he's been out?
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Oh now you Mofos appreciate the little things he does

That aren't so little

nickj08
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Oh now you Mofos appreciate the little things he does

That aren't so little

LOL..

I've always liked Zo, it's just he was never agressive or was a HORRIBLE finisher around the rim.. But he does so many little things that really are magnified now.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject:

I knew people would be on Here crying once he was gone. His defense on guards is elite and helped us in so many ways.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1596, 1597, 1598 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1597 of 1688
Jump to: