THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1391, 1392, 1393 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Crowley, the powerful progressive democrat that AOC beat, was just on MSNBC, and seemed genuinely pleased by and supportive of her. Pretty classy guy.

Ozzy wrote a song about him.

Jimmy Page bought his house
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Crowley, the powerful progressive democrat that AOC beat, was just on MSNBC, and seemed genuinely pleased by and supportive of her. Pretty classy guy.

Ozzy wrote a song about him.

Jimmy Page bought his house

Aleister in love and war
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject:

By law from where I sit Trump is guilty of treason.

If found guilty of treason Trump could get away for a light sentence and fine.

I'm disappointed with the law governing treason.

LINK

Quote:
Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:31 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
By law from where I sit Trump is guilty of treason.

If found guilty of treason Trump could get away for a light sentence and fine.

I'm disappointed with the law governing treason.

LINK

Quote:
Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

By law, since the United States is not in a declared state of war with them, Russia and others do not meet the legal definition of enemies.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Just because I can't make this analogy anywhere else on this website, sometimes I feel like Magic is Donald Trump and Mitch is Barak Obama. Carry on all.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Just because I can't make this analogy anywhere else on this website, sometimes I feel like Magic is Donald Trump and Mitch is Barak Obama. Carry on all.

That's insulting to both Magic and Barack.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Jerry Buss - George Washington
Jerry West - John Adams
Jeannie - Robert Iger
Jim - Frank Stallone
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Congressional negotiators say they have reached an agreement in principle to avert a government shutdown at the end of this week.

The four lead bipartisan negotiators, emerging from talks Monday night, declined to get into details on how the agreement was struck, but when asked whether it included barrier funding and a resolution to the detention bed issue, Senate Appropriations Chairman Richard Shelby said: "We got an agreement on all of it."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/11/politics/shutdown-negotiations-agreement-reached-congress-border-security/index.html
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Amy!
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:27 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

Jokes aside, Magic is just as qualified to be President as Donald Trump.
And Donald Trump wouldn't last as an NBA exec. He'd be forced to step down based on his past comments and sexual misconduct alone.

It's really sad when you think about it. The President of the United States is held to such a low standard.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:34 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

And Donald Trump wouldn't last as an NBA exec. He'd be forced to step down based on his past comments and sexual misconduct alone.

It's really sad when you think about it. The President of the United States is held to such a low standard.

Greed and Separateness make people Evil
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

obviously for republicans there are no qualifiers for being a republican president

Quote:
Matthew Yglesias
@mattyglesias
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1094723360477642753
Every Democratic nominee is inevitably put through a series of authenticity (bleep) tests that Republicans are exempted from because it’s in the interests of the rich people who run the media to sideline the substantive stakes in American politics.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:52 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Amy!

Klobuchar making the interesting decision to stake out the center left, let’s work together territory. In a year where getting as far left on a few issues as you can while keeping touch with the mainstream left seems the prime territory, she’s going to get to the right of most of the field. Can’t say whether she’s right or not, but she is certainly trying to get the Biden position.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:01 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

Oh lord.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject:

I think even Mitch would chuckle at that one sanity.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Amy!

Klobuchar making the interesting decision to stake out the center left, let’s work together territory. In a year where getting as far left on a few issues as you can while keeping touch with the mainstream left seems the prime territory, she’s going to get to the right of most of the field. Can’t say whether she’s right or not, but she is certainly trying to get the Biden position.

Center left, that's probably why I like her. Although she might be a mean boss!
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:00 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Oh lord.

That makes Pelinka KellyAnn, yikes
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:05 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Amy!

I’m solid mainstream left with some pretty far left idealism mixed in. I want the party to find that sweet spot where they move some of that left agenda forward, not just nibble at it. I think a move toward single payer is getting ripe and there’s going to have to be some way to offset automation with a basic income. But it’s got to be people who know how to get it done. I so want the mainstream Dems and the far left to come to agreement, not try to walk each other off.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:58 pm    Post subject:

So far of the candidates who have declared, I can get solidly behind Klobuchar, Harris, and Booker. I have some issues with Warren, though of course I would support her "enthusiastically", like Woj might say, if she won the nomination. Not a fan of Bernie and Gabbard. I would like to familiarize myself more with Kirsten Gillibrand before I form an opinion on her, and I feel the same about Julian Castro.

A quick look at Gillibrand's wikipedia page suggests that I would probably be a fan, if she doesn't come across as a poor communicator/leader. Are there any Gillibrand supporters (or detractors) here, someone that can offer some perspective?
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:24 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Amy!

I’m solid mainstream left with some pretty far left idealism mixed in. I want the party to find that sweet spot where they move some of that left agenda forward, not just nibble at it. I think a move toward single payer is getting ripe and there’s going to have to be some way to offset automation with a basic income. But it’s got to be people who know how to get it done. I so want the mainstream Dems and the far left to come to agreement, not try to walk each other off.

Green New Deal (some grand plan for fighting climate change), single payer, and income inequality are at the top of my wish list. I always thought myself as pretty center left, but I love what AOC is doing to the Overton Window and find myself agreeing with her a lot. Although part of my shift left might be (ironically?) because I started working
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:42 am    Post subject:

^
I'm with you and Omar on single-payer, tox.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:46 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Amy!

She answers that with ease. Yes I can be tough, but I have high expectations for myself, my staff and my country.

She is the first person who looks at a progressive as do I, going to a root of the word, seeking progress, as did the progressive era. I see her as more of a progressive, seeking equal opportunity, but not an absolute liberal--a progressive also seeking equal outcome.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:48 am    Post subject:

This is interesting because I think it's much easier to prove obstruction of justice than collusion/coordination. And that 29% number means even some Republicans aren't willing to overlook obstruction.

Quote:
John Harwood Verified account @JohnJHarwood

new WashPost poll:

impeach Trump if he obstructed justice?
65% yes, 29% no

impeach Trump if he coordinated w/Russia?
61% yes, 33%

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/polling/americans-view-mueller-credible-trump/2019/02/12/0e02bb76-2ebd-11e9-8781-763619f12cb4_page.html

ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:07 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Amy!

She answers that with ease. Yes I can be tough, but I have high expectations for myself, my staff and my country.

She is the first person who looks at a progressive as do I, going to a root of the word, seeking progress, as did the progressive era. I see her as more of a progressive, seeking equal opportunity, but not an absolute liberal--a progressive also seeking equal outcome.

There's having high expectations for your staff and there's this:

Quote:
In a potentially embarrassing AP report for the newest 2020 presidential nominee Senator Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), more than a dozen current and former staffers describe her as an abusive boss who often tried to have job offers rescinded when they tried to jump ship.

Interviews with some of Klobuchar’s Capitol Hill staffers portray a hostile work environment that was run on fear, abuse, and humiliation. According to staffers, the overly critical senator will sometimes turn a single mistake into a “multi-day affair” of shaming and demeaning, followed by post-work angry late-night phone calls and all-caps emails.

“The way she treats staff is disqualifying,” said a former female staffer, who made it clear that Klobuchar “has fully earned reputation” as a horrible boss “independent of her gender.”

The former staffer added that she would not vote for Klobuchar in the Democratic primary despite her progressive political views.

Three former Klobuchar staffers told the Huffington Post their boss made them or their coworkers run personal errands for her, such as picking up her dry cleaning, packing her suitcases for travel, and even cleaning and washing her dishes at her house. Four former Hill staffers said she had a reputation for calling prospective employers any time she felt her staffers may betray her and work elsewhere, with intent of sabotaging their chances of being hired.

“There’s definitely something there,” a former male staffer said, adding her behavior “crosses the line.”

According to congressional research, Klobuchar has one of the highest rates of staff turnover in Congress. A Politico report from last year names Klobuchar as one of the “Worst Bosses” in Congress.

LINK
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, that's gonna be a no from me, dawg.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1391, 1392, 1393 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 1392 of 3663
Jump to: