The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1013, 1014, 1015 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

If my calculations are correct... Dweeep Beep Boop Bop Dweep... You were most likely a die-hard Miami Heat fan when Dwight Howard was a Laker.

If my calculations are correct ... Dweep Beep Boo Bop Dweep ... you're a Warriors fan now, and no longer a Lakers fan. So why are you on these forums?

Get on somewhere man...

Don't get all pissy because LeBron got ran out of the Cleveland by them boys in the Bay. Forced you to Google "Lakers Forums".

This is Purple and Gold for life son. I might complain about some ish. But I repping that Purp and Goldly since birth and that's never going to change son.

You ain't doing nothing ish but passing through. Stop purping like you are family.

Once LeBron requests his trade this Summer, you'll be back on Google again.

You're not fooling anyone. Like I said your agenda is perfectly visible.

And you're talking to someone who's favorite player is Ingram first and daylight second, but Lebron is part of our squad now and you can take the made up (bleep) you heard from Skip, while you were off supporting the Warriors, and shove it
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

If my calculations are correct... Dweeep Beep Boop Bop Dweep... You were most likely a die-hard Miami Heat fan when Dwight Howard was a Laker.

If my calculations are correct ... Dweep Beep Boo Bop Dweep ... you're a Warriors fan now, and no longer a Lakers fan. So why are you on these forums?

Get on somewhere man...

Don't get all pissy because LeBron got ran out of the Cleveland by them boys in the Bay. Forced you to Google "Lakers Forums".

This is Purple and Gold for life son. I might complain about some ish. But I repping that Purp and Goldly since birth and that's never going to change son.

You ain't doing nothing ish but passing through. Stop purping like you are family.

And you're talking to someone who's favorite player is Ingram first and daylight second, but Lebron is part of our squad now and you can take the made up (bleep) you heard from Skip, while you were off supporting the Warriors, and shove it

Shove it?
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:42 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Get on somewhere man...

I'm still trying to figure out which Laker players name got autocorrected to Daylight lmfao
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:43 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Get on somewhere man...

I'm still trying to figure out which Laker players name got autocorrected to Daylight lmfao

Daylight Johnson... Played for the Cavs Summer League in 2014.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Get on somewhere man...

Shove it?

Deflecting much

So why is a Warrior fan in a Lebron thread again? As if everybody on the forum couldn't already tell ...
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Get on somewhere man...

Shove it?

Deflecting much

So why is a Warrior fan in a Lebron thread again? As if everybody on the forum couldn't already tell ...

Didn't you already say that you joined this Forum to prevent people from spreading falsehoods about LeBron?

Who the heck joins a basketball forum under Evangelical pretenses?
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Get on somewhere man...

Shove it?

Deflecting much

Didn't you already say that you joined this Forum to prevent people from spreading falsehoods about LeBron?

I said I joined this forum because I was sick of Kobe stans who long migrated to Warrior fans spreading falsehoods about Lebron, which is why I'm talking with you my Warrior fan friend.

And once again you're deflecting. The question is, why is a Warrior fan like you hanging out pretty much primarily in the Lebron thread? You're not in the game thread like the rest of us ... maybe you were in the Warriors game thread instead?
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
MJST wrote:
If the Lakers don't land a Max FO this summer, would you trade LeBron? Or would you let this farce go on another season and hope you get one in 2020?

Like, would you trade LeBron to Phoenix for Booker, Jackson, Ayton and two 1st round picks?

I'd consider it. I'm not sold on Lebron at all.

Lebron's trade value will deminish, you will NEVER get even close to that or an equal offer.
Lakers are in a huge paradox going forward. The plan of another max has to come or we are screwed.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:55 pm    Post subject:

#savethekids wrote:
troy wrote:
MJST wrote:
If the Lakers don't land a Max FO this summer, would you trade LeBron? Or would you let this farce go on another season and hope you get one in 2020?

Like, would you trade LeBron to Phoenix for Booker, Jackson, Ayton and two 1st round picks?

I'd consider it. I'm not sold on Lebron at all.

Lebron's trade value will deminish, you will NEVER get even close to that or an equal offer.
Lakers are in a huge paradox going forward. The plan of another max has to come or we are screwed.

You're not going to trade a 34 year old Lebron, and even if you do you won't get anywhere near equal value back. It's like Houston trying to trade CP3 and his 40 million dollar a year contract

Really the only option is to just ride with him.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Get on somewhere man...

Shove it?

Deflecting much

I said I joined this forum because I was sick of Kobe stans who long migrated to Warrior fans spreading falsehoods about Lebron, which is why I'm talking with you my Warrior fan friend.

And once again you're deflecting. The question is, why is a Warrior fan like you hanging out pretty much primarily in the Lebron thread? You're not in the game thread like the rest of us ... maybe you were in the Warriors game thread instead?

Ok kids, don’t make dad settle this...
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
kwase wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LeBron seems to have no kind of urgency since he came back, 1 game he will look like a star and on another night he would look like he is just free flowing game against (Indy and today against Philly) is a good example.. maybe we are fans and we want to make the playoffs but the FO and the players need to be on the same page.. cause if LeBron has the right to cruise control any time he wants we will be facing a uphill climb to make the playoffs. fans have every right to be upset, LeBron historically bought his A game against the Sixers until today ... that’s not gonna fly around here in Laker land cause today was a Important game but looks like he’s LeBron and he can do whatever he wants.

My guess is either he's sulking because he didn't get the trade he wanted, or some of his teammates have turned their back on him...or both. His head was not in that game at all.

Is it the Lakers fault that the Pelicans FO were acting like a bunch of douches?

The Pelicans did the right thing.

LeBron and Klutch tried to punk them.

By offering them what is likely the best offer they're going to get?

Nope... By having AD announce his trade request for all to know right before the trade deadline. Only to have Magic try to throw the farm at Demps before the Celtics could actually negotiate (owing to Kyrie). LeBron and Klutch tried to force the Pelicans into trading AD thinking they had the high ground. The Pelicans said "Screw your high ground. We know we suck, but you won't get AD."

It possibly could have been a different outcome had this taken place behind closed doors back in the Summer. Instead, LeBron and Klutch carried on the the second rate agency they truly are. Unprofessional at best.

lebron make a mockery out of that entire situation the same way he made a mockery out of free agency with "The Decision". If he would have kept his big mouth shut and not went to dinner with him in public maybe we would have had a shot, even though I'm glad we didn't get him. That's why the Pels played Magic, because if they didn't punch back it would have made them look super weak. lebron is not bigger than the NBA and he's not bigger than the Lakers. Maybe if he didn't have a bunch of yes men from his high school around him someone would tell him the things he does and says at times are not a good idea. Also very disappointed in Magic for enabling that type of behavior...he should know better.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject:

It’s like we went from the heights (Boston game) to the depths (76ers) in 3 days.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject:

I don’t think it’s age related. Last year he was playing like he was clearly the best player in the world and dominating, so I don’t believe the offseason made him old all of the sudden. He seems to be clearly making a point to not be as aggressive offensively. I don’t know if he’s trying to highlight coaching deficiencies or what. I remember Luke saying he doesn’t want LeBron carrying the team but wants others to shoulder work load. It reminds me of pre-Achilles tear Kobe making a point to be passive.
TheKobeFactor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:51 pm    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
I don’t think it’s age related. Last year he was playing like he was clearly the best player in the world and dominating, so I don’t believe the offseason made him old all of the sudden. He seems to be clearly making a point to not be as aggressive offensively. I don’t know if he’s trying to highlight coaching deficiencies or what. I remember Luke saying he doesn’t want LeBron carrying the team but wants others to shoulder work load. It reminds me of pre-Achilles tear Kobe making a point to be passive.

I don't think you understand how aging works in the NBA.

Lebron is 34 years old.

All it takes is one significant injury, and the athleticism disappears overnight. Literally fall off the face of the earth. This has happened to countless players.

This is why it took him 2 months to come back from his recent injury. The longest stretch of his career, by far. He had never even missed a couple of weeks during his prime.

What I am seeing, is a rapidly declining Lebron James. I saw a youtube video that compared his vertical from a recent game, to his vertical in his Miami days. Lebron's head used to be parallel to the rim when he dunked. But recently, he is well under that, nowhere near as high as he used to jump.

He will begin to rely on his jumper a lot more. The question is, can Lebron transition his game like Kobe did? And how much longer is his body going to last?

I have serious doubts. Kobe was a far superior player than Lebron, much more skilled, and Kobe said it wasn't easy. I don't know if Lebron's game will age well.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:32 pm    Post subject:

Well I know one thing. Bringing him with this awful contract was a huge mistake. We will regret it for next three years. He lost his touch and his aggressiveness. At the beginning of the year I was happy to have him but now I am sad we have old slow LBJ.
kobe8One
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:46 pm    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:

Last year LBJ was playing his best basketball making all those threes and game winners and that was the peak of his career. For now on we will see a different LBJ.

Most fans don't remember late MJ, late Shaq, late KG, and late Kobe. The game will get more ugly as you get older.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:59 pm    Post subject:

TheKobeFactor wrote:
He will begin to rely on his jumper a lot more. The question is, can Lebron transition his game like Kobe did?

You know he killed Toronto last year in the playoffs with turnaround J's and fadeaways, right?

EDIT: Wrong vid

This one -
Yellow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:47 am    Post subject:

The team got smoked with LBJ off the court. It was a tie with him on.

When he dominates the scoring, his detractors claim that he is freezing out his teammates. When he plays the team game, it's a different list of complaints.
RobinInHood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:48 am    Post subject:

TheKobeFactor wrote:

He will begin to rely on his jumper a lot more. The question is, can Lebron transition his game like Kobe did? And how much longer is his body going to last.

When did he do that? Pre-Achilles Kobe in 2012-2013 was 34 years old and beastin’, basically playing the same sort of game he always did and carried the team. After the injury, he still tried to play like that a superstar but that ship had sailed. Sure, he relied more on his jumper and less on athleticism but it sure wasn’t pretty. I don’t think he managed that transition well at all.

Not to get carried away though, this is a Lebron thread.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:35 am    Post subject:

Did people already forget this game?
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:10 am    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFwQ1or2T7w&t=547s

What do you mean with this? We lost 143-120 at Philly last night. I only remember that game at the moment. That is the game you should look.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:19 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I have serious doubts. Kobe was a far superior player than Lebron, much more skilled, and Kobe said it wasn't easy. I don't know if Lebron's game will age well.

Difference is Kobe is 6'5, wiry strong but still a guard size.

LBJ is going to have Karl Malone's body size with guard skills. His ability to shoot 3s will help him age better and he will have to start playing "PF" more often to not be destroyed by quicker SFs.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:21 am    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFwQ1or2T7w&t=547s

The whole point is James is not that guy consistently. Thus the criticisms.

I remember that game. Same as I remember "the last guy to beat the Warriors" that everyone keeps clamoring over. I would like to see more of that guy.

Lakers made the decision to make him the marquee foundation piece of the organization and pay him accordingly. I would expect him to at least look as if he gives a (bleep) in every game. Looked like James was getting an early start on his ASG intensity. 140 pts, seriously!

James deserves the criticisms just as any "max player" should be held accountable. Would Laker fans be any less justified if they sign Durant, George or Davis and they similarly "cruised"? Doubt it.

James is being paid to be the leader, so lead.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Difference is Kobe is 6'5, wiry strong but still a guard size.

LBJ is going to have Karl Malone's body size with guard skills. His ability to shoot 3s will help him age better and he will have to start playing "PF" more often to not be destroyed by quicker SFs.

Problem with playing him at PF is his lack of battling for boards and defensive rotations. Despite his size, James' advantage has always been as a perimeter player. Declining athleticism doesn't change his personality.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:25 am    Post subject:

This goes to back to our concerns that we didn't get the 2nd max guy.

It's clear at age 34 he cannot be an 82 game version of the LBJ we knew.

Imagine if PG was here, we wouldn't have fared so poorly while LBJ was out (I mean losing to Cavs/Knicks may sink our playoff chances). Using the cap space to sign KCP/Lance/Rondo on 1 year deals isn't enough to make up for another star level player next to him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1013, 1014, 1015 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1014 of 2079
Jump to: