QFTOS Lakers @ Celtics 2/7/19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:25 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Slowly repeat after me;

............... BUCK FOSTON

now say it fast, over and over again
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:29 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Fun fact:

Lakers won by 1 point at Boston in 09, 10, 12, and 19. Also in 88 and Nicky V won last game at the real rat trap Gahden at the buzzer! And our win at home last year was 1 point.

Thank you NPZ! Brings back a lot of memories, especially Nicky V #9's buzzer beater back then to Rondo #9's winner this year.
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:24 pm    Post subject:

celticsstrong1 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Quote:
Speaking of Lakers, is anyone in this thread active on LakersGround? Shoot me a PM if you can help me track down the site owner, or know the magic trick to getting registered.

what's so hard about registering

Hehe, well it's near impossible when the activation email doesn't arrive. But, obviously it eventually did. Glad it's working after all.

No worries though, I live in LA area so I'm used to the abuse =).

Welcome to LG!

It turned into a great game. I only watch every Lakers game, and no other team, so this was a rare opportunity for me to assess the Celtics youth. They look good, especially Tatum. I'm not convinced that Tatum is a far superior prospect over any of the Lakers core, but he is a key piece.

It will definitely make for a dramatic summer!
ducasse2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:15 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Apparently they hate Stevens as much as we hate Luke. Go figure.

The coach always gets thrown under the bus by fans. Phil Jackson was trashed at LG many times.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject:

QFTOS of the year.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:40 am    Post subject:

Greatest QFTS ever!!!!!
LakerVenom24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:52 am    Post subject:

lakersibleed wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Celtics tears are such sweet elixir!

Basically like this forum on most days with various topics on losing Julius Randle, D'Angelo Russell and the state of the Lakers with a disappointing team Lonzo Ball etc. The QTFO would take an entire book to write.

Most Celtics fans are already over a regular season loss but we are still celebrating crushing the LA Rams and LA Dodgers in the most important games of the year.

One major difference, this is a Lakers forum, not a Los Angeles forum. The fan base for the Lakers is world-wide, if you haven't noticed. Boston fans were smug AF about recent Laker embarrassment such as the Demps/AD fiasco and how the team fell apart at Indy. That kinda pisses Laker fans off.

Beating Boston, in Boston, after the trolling job the Lakers had to put up with? With Ainge foolishly being painted as a winner in this fiasco?

Some of us don't give a rat's ass about the Patriots or the Red Sox, and this is a story of this Laker squad's resilience, their ability to bounce back, and how happy some of us are that trolls in Boston who hate this team can go home crying to their mommies after Rondo broke their lil hearts. LMAO at your 'it doesn't matter' facade. Why are you here then?

Was it really just Boston fans who were smug about that? How about all NBA fans who are Laker fans? I think many fans would look at losing to the Pacers by 40 and raise an eyebrow or make fun of the Lakers for that. Are you really going to retaliate on every other team in the NBA for that? You better go get started on every other team's board. As for Ainge, I'm not sure he will be painted a winner unless he can keep Kyrie or bring in one of the high priced free agents this offseason. Some fans are painting him as the loser because we did not do anything at the trade deadline.

As for the Lakers, good for the team that's one game in the regular season. Get past Golden State first if I were you. Unfortunately it looks like Magic is trying to trade away most of the team sowning seeds of discontent for the rest of the season. Again Celtics fans are over it now and have moved on. Let me just remind you.

Patriots BEAT LA! on the biggest stage!
Red Sox BEAT LA! on the biggest stage!

The poster told you!! This is not a Rams forum or Dodgers forum. Its a Laker forum! Lakers just beat your TEAM the underachieving CELTICS. Thats all we want to talk about! lol

60 to 70% of LA dont really care for the Rams so......
AboveTheRim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject:

Thank you for compiling all that! The best QFTOS!!
RhodyRay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject:

BirdMagicLegend wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Celtics tears are such sweet elixir!

Basically like this forum on most days with various topics on losing Julius Randle, D'Angelo Russell and the state of the Lakers with a disappointing team Lonzo Ball etc. The QTFO would take an entire book to write.

Most Celtics fans are already over a regular season loss but we are still celebrating crushing the LA Rams and LA Dodgers in the most important games of the year.

One major difference, this is a Lakers forum, not a Los Angeles forum. The fan base for the Lakers is world-wide, if you haven't noticed. Boston fans were smug AF about recent Laker embarrassment such as the Demps/AD fiasco and how the team fell apart at Indy. That kinda pisses Laker fans off.

Beating Boston, in Boston, after the trolling job the Lakers had to put up with? With Ainge foolishly being painted as a winner in this fiasco?

Some of us don't give a rat's ass about the Patriots or the Red Sox, and this is a story of this Laker squad's resilience, their ability to bounce back, and how happy some of us are that trolls in Boston who hate this team can go home crying to their mommies after Rondo broke their lil hearts. LMAO at your 'it doesn't matter' facade. Why are you here then?

Was it really just Boston fans who were smug about that? How about all NBA fans who are Laker fans? I think many fans would look at losing to the Pacers by 40 and raise an eyebrow or make fun of the Lakers for that. Are you really going to retaliate on every other team in the NBA for that? You better go get started on every other team's board. As for Ainge, I'm not sure he will be painted a winner unless he can keep Kyrie or bring in one of the high priced free agents this offseason. Some fans are painting him as the loser because we did not do anything at the trade deadline.

As for the Lakers, good for the team that's one game in the regular season. Get past Golden State first if I were you. Unfortunately it looks like Magic is trying to trade away most of the team sowning seeds of discontent for the rest of the season. Again Celtics fans are over it now and have moved on. Let me just remind you.

Patriots BEAT LA! on the biggest stage!
Red Sox BEAT LA! on the biggest stage!

BirdMagicLegend,

True that--but the Lakers just beat the Celtics on their own floor! I am basking in that enjoyment for a day or so until our next game with the Sixers.

I am also a Red Sox fan so I am happy for them. I am also a Dolphin fan and I am happy they hired Brian Flores and some of your Pats coaches for my team. So for me, all things in my world are good!
apples
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Boring off day in-between games.
Liked the QFTOS so much I decided to go thru and break down the 65 page Cs Talk game day thread. (My eyes are bleeding now after reading so much Celtics drivel but someone had to do it.)

Sorry for the non-standard quoting - there was so much stuff & making an effort to save space...
Also apologies for any repetition.

PRE-GAME:

I hope we pummel this dispirited, demoralized bunch to the ground right after Rich Paul's lame attempt to try and ship AD to them fails with the 3pm trade deadline

It's always good to beat the Lakers!

I want revenge against LeBron James and what he did to our Celtics last May.

I just want a good old fashioned beat down of the lakers. I think that will make us all feel better.

Can we expect any mocking chants this game? Pacer fans had some hilarious chants mocking the Lakers.
I'm thinking one of these:
""we're getting Davis, cha cha cha cha cha"
"we want Davis, cha cha cha cha cha"
"we want Davis, cha cha cha cha cha"
Hope our young guys don't get mad lol

most satisfying 2 games of the year are the beatdowns we get to put on the Lakers. hoping they're able to bring out Gino to start the 4th
also hoping to hear chants of "Lebron's going to trade you" shouted out to every player on the Lakers. increase
the misery in their lockerroom

QUOTE: I wonder if LeBron sits tonight...
- he won't be able to. his butt will hurt too much from the spanking we lay on his team tonight

QUOTE: Does Rondo gets boos or cheers?
- Of course he will be cheered..
He is the mole inside the organization.
Rondo has no love for them Fakers.. Just there to mess em up really.

I just have a feeling the Lakers will play one of their best games tonight. James will do his usual thing vs Boston and you will have the spare parts play well. I am very cautious of this game tonight.

Go, Lavar!
"Magic, from my point of view now, listening to him talk, he's just a face. I don't think his say-so is like his say-so. ... I'm trying to figure out who's in charge [of the Lakers]. The system is crumbling down."
LaVar Ball says Lonzo is better than LeBron "He getting old"....then takes shot at LeBron's free throw shooting "He's been in the league a long time to not be able to hit no free throws"
"The fact that Lonzo's not playing now those players you thought were good ain't that good. Brandon Ingram's struggling, Hart's struggling, Kuzma's struggling. They're all struggling if Lonzo ain't in the picture."
Burn, Lakers, burn!

The Red Sox stomped the Dodgers in the World Series a few months back.
The Pats just beat the Rams for a Super Bowl.
The Lakers likely just lost out on the Anthony Davis sweepstakes, with LeBron, Magic, and LaVar annihilating their locker room morale in the process.
What a lovely, lovely day.
Time to pour it on, go Celtics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How excited is everyone now?! Tonight should be a blast.
Love the people moaning we did not make a big trade when we have been tearing it up at over 700 win clip since bad start. We are as far from doomed as it gets both this year and for next decade!
Next we smash Lebron tonight and pick up Kanter tomorrow.
Beat LA again and again and again!

My worst fear. LeBron whispers something to Kyrie during post game hugs and the media runs with the "he's
joining LeBron in LA" narrative.

The Celtics need to TAKE APART the Lakers tonight. All the rest is BS.
apples
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:02 pm    Post subject:

1ST QUARTER:

KUZMA SUX
KUZMA SUX
KUZMA SUX

Not a fan at all of our offense thus far. Terrible three after terrible three.

INGRAM SUX
INGRAM SUX
IMGRAM SUX

It’s sad that Rondo got cheered by Cs fans. Dude does not deserve it.

Javal more active than I remember him.

LA SUX
LA SUX
LA SUX

We are having some big issues on the boards right now.

Garden crowd is disappointing. This is C's vs LA. Need to be louder, more raucous.

Cs need one good stretch vs the Lakers and they will fold

LeToxic sitting by himself again at the end of the bench!

How many times have they blocked Kyrie tonight? Feels like a lot.

Bad finish to the quarter, but the celts are up by six. That is good.

quote: The Pelicans didn't want Ingram?
- they want JT or JB with horford and 3 firsts

Bit of a defensive letdown in the last minute or so. Boston could've had an 8- or 10-point lead.
apples
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:05 pm    Post subject:

2ND QUARTER:

C's need to rebound, but this LA team can't shoot for crap, not even free throws.

You watching Pelicans FO?

That might be why the pelicans wanna wait haha

Nice little run by the celts. Now bury these bums!!

Tatum killing it out there! How anyone can even compare Tatum to the Lakers young guys is insane.

Lakers are a mess.

Lakers fans right about now wishing Tatum and Brown were taken at #2. Guessing LeBron wishing that too.

u can sense how HUGE this game is for all of us!

Lol at Lakersground they're even in awe of Tatum right now.

BROWN! Loving his defensive energy right now!

This is a sad Lakers team.

Nothing makes me happier than seeing Lebron get blocked/stripped and no foul called.

This version of LBJ is a shadow of last year’s. Anthony Davis, are you watching? Sure, he’ll play harder in the playoffs next year. He’ll also be another year older.

Look at Tatum tonight. Now think... we want to give him up for a guy who is a rental? (Davis)
Very very risky.

And Davis would leave the Celtics in the summer of 2020 to play with this Lakers team led by a 36 year old Lebron. No way.

Alright C's. FINISH THEM. No letting them back in with some stupid 10-0 run or something...

quote: The Lakers travel a lot!
- Maybe that's why Davis wanted to go to the Lakers. He wouldn't be required to dribble.

Very disappointing defense the last 4 possesions. Just let the Lakers back into the game.

Nice to see Boston not playing any defense this quarter.

BRAD STEVENSON???? LOL

I Hate Lakers. Beat them. Beat them. No mercy. Up 18 and now 12. Step on the gas. Don't let them back.

Marv Albert has become nearly unlistenable as a commentator. Dude doesn't even know the names of half of these people anymore.

Lebron still has a little in the tank.

Kyrie just awful tonight

Is it just me, or does Irving seem nervous to go against Lebron? He's forcing things on offense.

7 with a chance to get to 5 Really? Lose the 18 point lead in about 2 minutes.

Celtics have been super lazy this quarter.
Bleh

Did Lebron really shoot from there?

AL for threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
PLEASE GO TO RIM
HOW CAN U NOT SEE WE NEED THAT?
ARE WE STUPID OR WHAT?

Disappointing. Want to crush them.
apples
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject:

HALFTIME:

Overall good half but they way it ended left a sour taste in my mouth. Need to come out in the third and just put them away.

That was a complete meltdown on defense in the last 4 minutes. KCP gets 2 wide-open 3-pt shots?

are we back to NOT being able to realize when we need to stop jacking JAYS?
please tell me no but that last sequence brought back nightmares of past years

Boy does Sir Charles hate our Cs.
Says on the halftime show that we are the fourth best team in the east and that we won’t make the finals.

Eh, to be honest right now it does seem unlikely we make the Finals. Just making the ECF could be challenging actually. And on paper, we probably are the 4th best, though personally I think we're 3rd best.

You know why Barkley doesn't answer his phone? No ring!

I thought we were up by like 18 points. The lead cut to 9 wtheck

Kyrie is KILLING us. Stop shooting and get others involved until you can get an easy look.
apples
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject:

3RD QUARTER:

Kyrie fell asleep on defense AGAIN. He's been straight up awful tonight.

Tatum has been AWFUL defensively. Continues to lose his man.

new ballgame

Stop leaving Kuzma wide open man

The team stopped trying. Very disappointing. Zero effort right now by thebstarters.

PLAY SOME CELTIC DEFENSE
IS THIS THE ALL STAR GAME???

That's some god awful basketball to start this quarter.

Macgee kept them in the game with rebounds and blocks.
We could use a Macgee!

Yeah Brad. Let's draw up a 3 out of the timeout. Idiot.

C's starters just screwing around with the Lakers. awful basketball by them this game, particularly Kyrie

Disappointed in the crowd tonight. Hear a lot of Lakers fans cheer than the Celtics.

who are these jerks in the Garden cheering the Lakers when they're making buckets? am I hearing things?

you would swear this laker team was like the old miami heat teams that could evaporate a big lead in minutes really boston? really?

Tatum's the only starter shooting worth a [dang] tonight. typically love Kyrie but I'm about ready to bench him for a good part of the game in favor of Rozier at this point

Kyle Kuzma better than any of the Celtics on the floor.

Lakers just can't miss from 3.

Kyrie is geting absolutely powned tonight defensively. Continuously losing his man.

smart celtics have left building
stupid celtics are playing now sadly

Just knew this would be LA best game of the season.

Lakers have 24 pts this quarter from 3. How the tides have turned.

we wont get out 2nd round playing like this

18pt leas gone just like that. Disgusting. I'm glad i didn't buy tickets for the MKE game coming up.

Boston doesn't deserve to win this game. Just hate losing to these Lakers especially at the TD Garden.

Kyrie playing like he cant beat big brother.

Lakers don’t look like a team ready to quit. They’ll make the playoffs. C’s are cold and Kyrie is having his worst game maybe of the season.

3-15 are you kidding me! Our best player!

Defense sux.
Fakers got mangled by the Pacers and here we are outdoing Fakers pathetic performance

yup, they all suck. as much as Tatum's been a plus on offense, his D has been as bad as the other starters' defense has been

9 for 11 from 3 this quarter. What a bunch of BS.

when the Lakers are hitting them from 25-30 feet out and we can't hit squat or get the defensive rebounds, we're in deep trouble. Lakers are smelling a win here.

Team is shook. This looking like a massive loss right now.

we are done if we let james get layups rest of night
same ole **** we saw for years
make him shoot jays

I think Irving has had his shot blocked tonight more than he has for the entire year.

Kyrie getting outplayed by Rondo. I guess little brother Kyrie is still afraid of big brother.

HEY BRAD IS IT TOO HARD FOR U TO SCREAM GO TO RIM EVERY TRIP DOWN?
guess so

slipping away
what a meltdown
joke

Kyrie turrible tonight

Just an atrocious second half to a really poor team.

Kyrie going to complain about the young players tonight?

hate watching Rondo pick us apart but man do I miss watching him play.

Get Kyrie OUT

Kyrie 3-18
He will heat up...now would be nice

The Lakers are shooting better from 3 than from the line!!!!!

JOKE
oh we finally get to rim
but we allow them to rim also
canceling ours out
BRILLIANT!

Theis just got destroyed by Rondo.

Kyrie wants to be a leader he might want to show up sometime before the game is over.

Hack anyone on the Lakers.... 4-14! Hello Brad!!!!!

What a choke job so far.
Good news is if we stop choking we will win this going away.

42-27 3rd quarter Lakers destruction.
I don't see LeBron blowing this lead.
apples
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:16 pm    Post subject:

4TH QUARTER:

I actually want to punch a wall. Our defense was so embarrassing

Lakers would be blowing Cs out if they actually hit their FTs. A close game vs Lebron in the 4th quarter in Boston? Can’t see how you feel good about that as a Cs fan.

The Lakers are simply playing harder and better defense than we are.

The number of Laker fans at the Garden is ... disturbing.

Maddeningly inconsistent effort again tonight...yay!

Kyrie is 3-18. He owes someone an apology!

Pitiful effort by pretty much everyone tonight thus far, including and especially our coaching staff. No accountability at all with this group, which is a failure in coaching. The fact that our guys can continue to just jack up bad three after bad three with impunity is sickening.
I just hate the offense of this team, and I really don't see how that offense gets us out of the second round.
You simply can't have a virtual jumpshot-only offense and win in this league. Even GS and Houston, who shoot tons of threes, also mix it up with getting it to the rim.

Celtics still win going away in my opinion.

quote: Kyrie wants to be a leader he might want to show up sometime before
the game is over.
- I doubt it. He is trying to show LEbRON HE IS REALLY SORRY.

lose the nect game IDC
but we cannot lose to these bums

We will get destroyed by mke. This team has been a letdown this entire year.

After he shows LeBron how sorry he really is he might then apologize to his employers.

I know earlier I said Theis has been bad this year. Tonight he has been good. Real good.
Like helping them save this game good.

Our bench tonight is killer - let's just finish with this group.

Being real, this shouldn't come as too much of a surprise. We are a much better team than LAL and they were playing out of their minds in the 3rd. Let's just hope we can actually play well the rest of the game and get the W.

The kids are getting it done while Kyrie is still apologizing to LeBron What a joke.

Literally, all it takes is just a modicum of effort and the Celtics could put this team away.

I usually clamour for Kyrie to be back at around 8 min mark....today, give him some more rest please.

Time to get ready for LeBron James. He's dangerous in the 4th quarter.

now they're hotdogging out there. not something I want to see right now

quote: cripes. Tatum missed Rozier wide open in the lane
- Yeah, pass was way too late. There's a lot to like about Tatum but his court vision has a long way to go.

Old man james...
Been waiting forever to say that

Kyrie looked disinterested on the bench while the others were up cheering when the guys were making a run.

Cs got to stop closing out hard on rondo at the 3-point line.

I am so tired of LeBron James.

Lakers play like all stars tonight and then will get blown out in Philly.
**** you Lebron. Just go away

I had a feeling Kyrie would show up in the 4th.

Ugh the old Smart making an appearance at the wrong time

Need a stop. I don’t want ball in Lebron’s hands with a chance to win. Let’s go C’s.

BIG MO STEPPING UP IN CLUTCH TIME, TOO!
Kyrie has looked like a completely different player since coming into the game in the fourth. Simply amazing.

Caldwell-Pope always kills us...

Kyrie getting cocky and cost us the lead

Pope hit 30 threes

Effing kidding me.

We are never going to beat Lebron.

Lebron is so lucky are you serious...

Wow. Just awful. 6 pt lead gone just like that.
This is shaping up for a Lebron dagger at the buzzer.

COULD SOMEONE FOUL LEBRON!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember when we were up by 6? Good times

LeBron is a Celtic killer plain and simple

Seems James always get every bounce when he plays Boston. Just discouraging to see this time after time.

Kyrie's defense on that inbounds pass was inexcusable.

Already see James with a last second 3 to win this or to put them up with about 12 seconds left.

Just managed to switch the game on and checking box score another dismal game from our Gordon? He has 4 pt vs Theis 20 and Theis is getting paid 1/30th of what Gordon’s getting paid? Or has he contributed in other ways?
Looks like a quiet game from Mook as well? I’m just looking at the box scores and watching the last 45 sec.

It's going to be a plus if Kyrie and the new face of the Pelicans are the ones shooting FTs.

Here comes some sort of BS fall away 3 pointer from James. I hate him so much.

I don't care how ugly it is, just win. Enduring Kyrie's worst shooting night in 2 months and the Lakers' best of the logicalizes(is that a word?) this game's closeness.

This is going to be a brutal loss.

I hate everything...

When have the Lakers ever made this many 3's? Just their lucky night.

Effing ridiculous.

Cripes kuzma geez...

Can't ask for a better ending than this.

Omg we might actually lose this game

Yup ballgame.

Worst loss of the season

This is it, Celtic fans!

It’s make or miss. Hope they at least get a shot off.

Tatum was already heading up the court when Kuzma caught the ball for the 3 - geez...

Lakers legitimately have maybe two guys who can regularly shoot 3s and we've let one of them be open the whole night.

And now we have to hear about how the Lakers turned around their season with this game. 22 3's...give me a break.

Just as I thought. Franchise record. Fluke game for the Lakers who are not a good 3 point shooting team.

this is what happens when you screw around with a team you should beat. lackadaisical effort leads to close game that shouldn't have been close

Unreal. I feel about a dumb as dumb could be for thinking this team was going to the finals before the season started

CLUTCH KYRIE!

No way we just lost on a Rondo buzzer beater...:

Oh. Of course Rondo beats us.

unreal. great block followed up by not getting the ball yet again

**** you Rondo

Unbelievable rondo kills us

Brutal. Brutal. Had it. Horrid.

SUCKS BAD!
apples
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:29 pm    Post subject:

POSTGAME:

quote: Worst loss of the season
- Yeah, pretty much...
I mean, at least a Lakers win is technically good for our SAC pick...I'm reaching here.

That's a dagger to the heart in more ways than one......

You know how we could have prevented a loss on a lucky bounce? Not play like garbage for 2 and a half quarters

And go figure, Horford and Morris can't get the rebound and we lose the game on the Rondo shot.
Pathetic. But it never should've came to this. Complete failure of a game by Brad to even let them back into this by his terrible decision-making. Just done with the coaching.

Man Jayson Tatum sucks at defence. Far out.
Horrible effort. Hopefully they get their terrible effort torn to shreds by our coaches. Giving up over 120 to this bum Laker squad is absolutely shameful

Well, it was a great shot by Rondo.
Great game.
Too bad Celts lost.

One of the worst losses of the year. Lost a game on Toronto. Embassies themselves on national television.
And to that effing rat Rondo.
Just abysmal.

I think I need to take a break from this team. They’re just so soft.

quote: I hope Rondo blows his knees out. Punk ****
- Disgusting post

I officially hate rondo

im not even sure why this team isnt good. maybe its tims for a ne coach.

Yeah...they didn't need to make any moves....
You are not home Rondo. You are not a Celtic. You are a turncoat traitor. Don't ever come back.

This team did not deserve to win.
Brad Stevens better start packing his bag cuz I'm done with his crap drawing board and TO management.

quote: hope Rondo blows his knees out. Punk ****
sub quote: Disgusting post
- Yeah, that ain't cool at all.

ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC.
Crap defense, crap shot selection. Losing on a RONDO JUMPER?
This team is a bunch of garbage. I don't care if they'd won 10 of their previous 11, I don't care that they almost beat the Warriors. This team lets its guard down way too often.
What a sorry excuse of a game, and an embarrassment to Celtics fans.

We about to get swept by the Lakers. Can't even beat them at home how are they expected to beat them at Staples Center smh

Ugh, I know it's just a regular season game, but it still hurts losing to the Fakers.

Boston cannot beat LeBron. Just never going to do it. What a choke job to a terrible team.

Yeah, the ASB can't come soon enough. This team is just so frustrating this year. Even after winning 10 of our last 12, I still feel we are just lost all the way from the coaching to the end of the bench.

- Yeah, I know - Rondo speaks glowingly about the Cs and the organization in his post-game interview and people are still salty for some reason. The dude was traded - why do people dislike Rondo? He is like the one player I actually like on the Lakers.

The Lakers just got drubbed by an Oladipo-less Pacers squad; their morale was at an all-time low. So OF COURSE the Celtics had to do them a solid and play like absolute trash. Now I've gotta go to work tomorrow and put up a bunch of crap from my Laker-fan coworkers.

Yep. At what point do we seriously consider that Brad just might not be the coach for this group? While we've been playing better, games like this where Brad continuously makes baffling in-game decisions and cannot reign in his group really throw doubt that he can get this group together. I think his inability to manage this level of talent is a major reason why we've underperformed through most of the year.

sub sub quote: Yeah, I know - Rondo speaks glowingly about the Cs and the organization in his post-game interview and people are still salty for some reason. The dude was traded - why do people dislike Rondo? He is like the one player I actually like on the Lakers.
- It's just disappointing to see fans act like that. It's the reason Boston gets the rep it does (disrespectful, racist, and entitled). There's no need and no place for it.
Wonder why we weren't on AD's list?

That hurt... [dang] Rondo. Why'd you have to do that to me at my first Celtics Lakers game...

Now I gonna get a lot of sass from these pitiful Lakers fans in LA ugh.

Triple whammy of a loss lol.
1. We lost to the Lakers at home
2. We lost to Lebron James
3. We lost to a last second shot from Rondo
Blech

Hate to say it, but there's a character problem with this team. We hold an entitled attitude - unjustifiably, mind you - after all the hype we got this summer, and it has been present since Day 1.
This team doesn't have half the heart of the IT-lead teams, or even last year's team for that matter. Add that on top of a God-awful offensive gameplan, poor coaching, and the chemistry and injury issues we've had this year, and that's a recipe for an underwhelming season.

NBA drama is like no other. Lakers take L’s all week and ultimately lose out on AD. The day of the trade deadline an ex-Celtic hits a game winner for the Lakers.
Crazy stuff

As for Brad Stevens, I'm about done with him. He looks like he's only good for a rebuilding team. Get a new coach who can work with this core.
And you can bet the Pelicans were watching this game. They might reconsider Ainge's package and want the Lakers' package instead after tonight's game. Kyle Kuzma destroyed almost every Celtics players out there.

quote: The Lakers shot 22-41 from deep and won a last second Rondo jumper.
What're ya gonna do about that?
Just shake your head and move on.
sub quote: Finally. Some logic.
Does it suck to lose? Absolutely. But i'm boy training ramming my head into a wall over this or wishing for opposing players to get hurt.
sub sub quote: Good for you.
sub sub sub quote: Wah. Wah. Wah. Call the wambulance. We lost a game. By 1 point. On a Rondo jumper.
Would you feel better if I hoped you blew your knee out?
- I don't really care what you hoped for to be honest.

quote: Rondo, when asked on TNT what he thinks when he plays in Boston: "Home, where it all started. Danny believed in me from Day 1, and my career probably wouldn't be the same if I went anywhere else."
sub quote: Smh. This guy is friends with AD and fans are hoping he blows his knees out. Golly gee. Why would AD want to play anywhere else?
sub sub quote: i am sure AD is reading this board. get over it. jesus
- He doesn't have to read this board but you're in denial if you don't think Boston has a certain kind of rep.
Doesn't help when fans actively reinforce the worst stereotypes.

But it's the Lakers, Nick—THE LAKERS.
Everything you wrote makes complete sense, but this was a gut punch. Especially for people like me who live in L.A. and have to hear about this at work tomorrow from all the Lakers fans.

quote: Just realized this month we are playing Philly, Milwaukee and Toronto all on the road. Should be a telling 3 games. If we can win two out of the three, I'll be happy. If we lose all 3, we may be screwed.
- So you’re saying we should lube up?

Yeah, if I were you just do not even bother with the recap/highlight of that abysmal game lol. And there were a lot of Lakers fans in the house cheering and yellow-jersey folks embracing Rondo at the end while the Celtics walked off in disbelief.

END

It's been a difficult season so far but it's nice to be able to sit back and smile for a couple of days.

GO LAKERS!
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:56 pm    Post subject:

nice work rook
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:00 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I hope Rondo blows his knees out. Punk ****

Stay classy boston
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:04 am    Post subject:

Nice work apples
pokoy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject:

I absolutely had no clue Celtics fans didn't like Brad Stevens.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:14 am    Post subject:

^Same here, that is a surprise.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject:

Also - apples - Welcome to LG!
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject:

This was so juicy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: