Pelinka:Teams Should Fear LA in 7-Game Playoff Series
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:30 pm    Post subject: Pelinka:Teams Should Fear LA in 7-Game Playoff Series

Assuming we get in

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2819944-lakers-news-rob-pelinka-says-teams-should-fear-la-in-7-game-playoff-series
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:35 pm    Post subject:

They should fear the Lakers for what reason? I would say the reason is that LeBron could go off and have an all time epic streak of historic games. But other than that, what about Pelinkas roster construction would worry the top 103 teams in the west?
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:42 pm    Post subject:

if they're healthy there is no question they can compete with anyone imo.. hopefully the injury bug is behind us now.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:44 pm    Post subject:

I’ve said it all along, just get the 7th seed and we will make it to West Finals. If we get 8 we are screwed
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:46 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
I’ve said it all along, just get the 7th seed and we will make it to West Finals. If we get 8 we are screwed

I don't know about WCF, but definitely can't be the 8-seed
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:05 am    Post subject:

ITs going to be next to impossible to knock off the Spurs out of that 7th seed.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:11 am    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
ITs going to be next to impossible to knock off the Spurs out of that 7th seed.

Spurs have temporarily dropped to 7th tonight after a 3 game losing streak, but I think Jazz will be below them. A strong run will put us above the Jazz at 7th.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:11 am    Post subject:

I don't think he should have said it publicly but I get what he means.

We are the type of team if we happen to steal the first game and get some confidence... that we could beat almost any team except maybe the Warriors or the new supercharged Eastern teams.

We've beaten most of the top teams at least once.

But a long way to go and we need to just focus and take each game one at a time.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:47 am    Post subject:

Lakers will be totally outcoached in the playoffs.

But LeBron can possibly put on a superhuman playoff streak where it may not matter.

Personally, I don't think you should handicap your team with Luke but understand they can't quite replace him yet (although I say the sooner the better).

Odds aren't in favor of making the playoffs. Last I saw was something like 12%. Team shat the bed too many times and there are too many good teams in the West.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:51 am    Post subject:

7th against the Nuggets would be perfect, don't want the Warriors, don't want the Thunder in the first round. But first let's make the playoffs. Will be difficult, but down 1 against the Celtics, they could have quit. Down 6 with a minute to go, they could have quit. They didn't. I think there's hope, assuming we're getting everyone healthy...
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:01 am    Post subject:

Do the Warriors fear us?

Houston is a team if we're fully healthy and clicking I think we could upset.

But if it's 8th seed us vs 1st seed Warriors....

Pretty sure a lot would say we'd want Denver. But they'd have home court, and that is where they've thrived this season.

Anywhere from 8th, to 7th, to 6th will be an uphill battle. But it woll build character.

If we make the playoffs.

Last edited by MJST on Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:02 am    Post subject:

I think we have better chances of making the 2nd round (if we don't play the Warriors) than we have chances of actually making the playoffs. That's crazy.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:05 am    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
I think we have better chances of making the 2nd round (if we don't play the Warriors) than we have chances of actually making the playoffs. That's crazy.

I agree with your sentiment but I don't think it's all that crazy. We have to play really, really well for the rest of the year (25+ games) versus hunkering down for one solid series (7 games). It's just a much smaller sample of games and LBJ will certainly step it up in the playoffs as well.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:15 am    Post subject:

Nuggets in the first round, then Thunder in the second would be nice. I still think we can reach the WCF purely because we have Bron and Rondo (and hopefully the kids can continue the attitude they had today), but it's very much all unknowns at this point in the season

Houston worry me, purely because I think Harden will come out with a chip on his shoulder from all the 'he can't win a ring' talk
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:41 am    Post subject:

Let's worry about getting in there first
lakid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:59 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

I think our chances of getting lucky are better with the lottery balls than in the playoffs. I'd rather tank at this point.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:59 am    Post subject:

lakid wrote:
danzag wrote:

I think our chances of getting lucky are better with the lottery balls than in the playoffs. I'd rather tank at this point.

No more tanking for this organization
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:05 am    Post subject:

Duh everyone could have told you that in the beginning of the season just like everyone could have told you we didn't have enough shooters as well.

The lack of awareness showed by Pelinka for making such a statement at this point is exactly why the Lakers FO got taken to the cleaners by the Pelican's troll job in the AD trade negotiations.

I mean we're not even in the playoffs right now.
lakid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:11 am    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
Duh everyone could have told you that in the beginning of the season just like everyone could have told you we didn't have enough shooters as well.

The lack of awareness showed by Pelinka for making such a statement at this point is exactly why the Lakers FO got taken to the cleaners by the Pelican's troll job in the AD trade negotiations.

]\\

Pelinka is a joke and out of his league, he has no business being our GM and only got the job because he was Kobe's agent. Him and Magic thus far are just as bad as Jimmy Buss was. I don't give them credit for getting Lebron, Lebron wanted to come here for reasons other than basketball. I don't think that you can point to any move that they have made and say "hmm that was a shrewd move". They let Randle walk for free, we just gave away a promising young big in Zubac away for a bum, we got hosed publicly by a third rate organization like the Pelicans. The Maginka combo is a joke.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:13 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:

I agree with your sentiment but I don't think it's all that crazy. We have to play really, really well for the rest of the year (25+ games) versus hunkering down for one solid series (7 games). It's just a much smaller sample of games and LBJ will certainly step it up in the playoffs as well.

Yeah, I think we have this notion that it is crazy because of all the drama and how bad the team looked without LeBron, but if he never got injured and we mantained the same winning %, we would have around 32 wins now and fighting for homecourt.

So yeah, if we do make it in, we'll definitely be a better team than our seed shows, and other teams should be aware of that.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:19 am    Post subject:

lakid wrote:
dabask11 wrote:

]\\

Pelinka is a joke and out of his league, he has no business being our GM and only got the job because he was Kobe's agent. Him and Magic thus far are just as bad as Jimmy Buss was. I don't give them credit for getting Lebron, Lebron wanted to come here for reasons other than basketball. I don't think that you can point to any move that they have made and say "hmm that was a shrewd move". They let Randle walk for free, we just gave away a promising young big in Zubac away for a bum, we got hosed publicly by a third rate organization like the Pelicans. The Maginka combo is a joke.

Summary: “THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!”

We’ll be fine, we’ve got a solid roster right now (we’ll get on a roll now I think, LeBron will play determined) and we’ll have a lot of cap space in the summer. Things are okay!
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:35 am    Post subject:

Imma trade you

Failed

You guys are great, people will be scared to play you in the playoff

Fix that wound master agent
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:49 am    Post subject:

We have a puncher's chance in the playoffs since LeBron is there. But to date, nobody fears us, not that anyone will be happy with trying to deal with LeBron in a playoff series.

Mr. Pelinka and Mr. Johnson should refrain from public commentaries of this sort. Let's first get to the playoffs, and then go out and give it our best shot. I don't think people fear us right now.
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:57 am    Post subject:

I don't get the doubt fans have in this team. Let's examine the evidence:

- When fully healthy this team was 4th seed in the West and 2 games out of the #1 seed

- With LeBron we've beaten just about all the top teams in the West from the Warriors to the Rockets to the Thunder to the Nuggets

- Without LeBron we've played the top teams in the West well, either BARELY losing at the end of games/OT or winning close games

- We have yet to really gain chemistry as the injuries have severely limited the time all our top players have had on the floor playing together

If you think about it, we really do have a decent team. If we can just get healthy, MAKE OUR DARN FREE THROWS and limit turnovers we have a good chance to compete with anyone.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:07 am    Post subject:

we are 3 games out of the 6 & 7 seed....we have this. If we can pull off another win Sunday @ Philly, then we go to Atlanta....get both of those likely takes us into All Star break in 9th or tied for 8th.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: