Lakers trade Zubac & Beasely to Clippers for Mike Muscala
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Hammett wrote:
Awesome.

We lost Zu for some scrub that's gonna ride pine until he's gone by the end of the season.

It’s not that bad. We might be able to get Carmelo with the extra roster spot.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject:

I already miss Zu. Not a fan of this trade.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Folks. The NBA and Lakers should be entertainment. It’s not life or death. Find a way to enjoy it or just stay away from it if it makes you so personally upset. I pray some of y’all will find some peace. It’s just a game!!!!

BALL IS LIFE
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:06 pm    Post subject:

There are many teams trying to acquire max free agents this summer but none of them trash player value like us. Is Zubac going to get the same contract as Muscala in the summer? It is not about whether we will extend Zubac in the summer. It is about we should receive equal value in return.

If we want a center who could shoot 3s, why didn’t we keep Thomas Bryant or Lopez. Magic made the wrong judgement in the summer and he has to correct his mistake now.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Zubac was coming into his own, shot a high percentage, was playing exceedingly well, was outplaying McGee and Chandler.

So the Lakers get rid of him for a center that shoots 39% from the field and 34% from three.

It's obvious why.

Zubac was playing well, Lakers didn't want to pay him cause their saucer eyes are on "MAX MAX MAX" so they got Muscala who won't be here next year, doesn't play defense, sucks from the field, and has been okay from three in his career, except this year where his shooting has dipped off down to 34%.

This is not a good trade. This is not a good move.

This was them getting rid of another young player they misused and didn't want to trade because they are obsessed with the max potential.

If they don't land a FA this off-season, this FO has to go and Jeanie along with it.

Not sure if this is hyperbole or your genuine sentiments but, chances of this is slim to none and slim just left the building.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:26 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
@_Lakers_4_Life
Ivica Zubac last 9 games:

23 minutes
14 points
7 rebounds
1 assist
1 block
59% fg
85% ft

21 years [expletive] old

And we just gave him away for some reject named Mike Muscala

It makes my Croatian blood boil.
LeBronte Jest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:29 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Hammett wrote:
Awesome.

We lost Zu for some scrub that's gonna ride pine until he's gone by the end of the season.

lakerlori
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
We were losing Zu in the offseason regardless and Muscala lit us up in our game against Philly.

All in all, I am happy with the trade deadline. Let Danny Ainge trade all of his assets for Anthony Davis and we'll sign him in 2020

I just don't get why some of you assume Zu wouldn't have re-signed? I disagree. It's obvious he liked being a Laker & had bonded with his teammates. If a fair offer was made, he would have re-signed. This garbage trade for an efficient big.... ugh!
lakerlori
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Startrout wrote:
…. Either way Zu would of likely been gone at the end of the season so it’s not like he was in our long term plans. It is not exciting for sure, but it’s not hard to see why they did it.

I just don't get why some of you assume Zu wouldn't have re-signed? I disagree. It's obvious he liked being a Laker & had bonded with his teammates. If a fair offer was made, he would have re-signed. This garbage trade for our efficient big.... ugh!
lakerlori
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
I'm kinda over it. Zu is going to be a RFA anyhow.

This is just a small reshuffle to see if anything changes. I doubt it since Luke can't coach his way out of a paper bag.

This team operates best with Lebron, Rondo or Ball are running the show without any instruction from Clueless Luke.

Ideally though an actual basketball system would be best. I feel like offensive systems aren't really for your superstars but they tell your other players what to do and let the superstars make things happen.

The fact that Zu was going to be a RFA in & of itself doens't mean anything. He liked being a Laker & would have likely re-signed with a fair offer. He was an efficient scoring big who could make his free throws & was improving daily. They gave him away.
wsjan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:02 pm    Post subject:

lakerlori wrote:
Staccatos wrote:

This is just a small reshuffle to see if anything changes. I doubt it since Luke can't coach his way out of a paper bag.

This team operates best with Lebron, Rondo or Ball are running the show without any instruction from Clueless Luke.

Ideally though an actual basketball system would be best. I feel like offensive systems aren't really for your superstars but they tell your other players what to do and let the superstars make things happen.

The fact that Zu was going to be a RFA in & of itself doens't mean anything. He liked being a Laker & would have likely re-signed with a fair offer. He was an efficient scoring big who could make his free throws & was improving daily. They gave him away.

The Lakers will have to renounce his rights by July 1st or take the cap hit of about $1.9 mil.

They want to have as much cap space available for max FA signing this summer.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:04 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Hammett wrote:
Awesome.

That makes it even worse
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject:

wsjan wrote:
lakerlori wrote:
Staccatos wrote:

The Lakers will have to renounce his rights by July 1st or take the cap hit of about $1.9 mil.

In that case, they shouldn’t have bought out Deng. Kuz and Zub were the only guys that I thought should be withheld in a trade.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject:

wsjan wrote:
lakerlori wrote:
Staccatos wrote:

I thought we already have max cap space without trading Zubac
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Magic is worst than Jim guys. Soon u will all realize it
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Hammett wrote:
Awesome.

That makes it even worse

Exactly lol
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:03 pm    Post subject:

This was a bad trade, plain and simple.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:07 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Folks. The NBA and Lakers should be entertainment. It’s not life or death. Find a way to enjoy it or just stay away from it if it makes you so personally upset. I pray some of y’all will find some peace. It’s just a game!!!!

I wrote the same thing in p&m thread.

Get a hobby and enjoy life
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:51 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Zubac was coming into his own, shot a high percentage, was playing exceedingly well, was outplaying McGee and Chandler.

So the Lakers get rid of him for a center that shoots 39% from the field and 34% from three.

It's obvious why.

Zubac was playing well, Lakers didn't want to pay him cause their saucer eyes are on "MAX MAX MAX" so they got Muscala who won't be here next year, doesn't play defense, sucks from the field, and has been okay from three in his career, except this year where his shooting has dipped off down to 34%.

This is not a good trade. This is not a good move.

This was them getting rid of another young player they misused and didn't want to trade because they are obsessed with the max potential.

If they don't land a FA this off-season, this FO has to go and Jeanie along with it.

Lakers giving away talent... Randle and now Zubac for nothing. Ridiculous.

Hard to believe Magic and Pelinka couldn't find a team that needed a quality young center! Lakers should be trading the players for draft choices in addition to taking back 1 year contracts to make the deal work.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
Magic is worst than Jim guys. Soon u will all realize it

Literally impossible unless Magic signs Robin Lopez & Thaddeus Young this summer to 4 years $70+ million contracts. Jim was (bleep) atrocious. Magic already signed Lebron, that trumps anything Jim ever did by far
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Hammett wrote:
Awesome.

Yes...we are giving away talent without getting back draft picks! Genius level work happening.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject:

There you guys overrating the young guys
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:03 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
wsjan wrote:
lakerlori wrote:
Staccatos wrote:

I thought we already have max cap space without trading Zubac

We did and we always could have pulled his qualifying offer after July 1st if we wanted to.
clone
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:06 pm    Post subject:

I have to say this was bad asset management and would be considered a horrible trade but don't forget we're in "win now" mode with Bron. Eventually all the young guys will be gone by 2020 cause our window is only for 4 years with the King (assuming he doesnt extend).

1949 1950 1952 1953 1954 1972 1980 1982 1985 1987 1988 2000 2001 2002 2009 2010
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Do you think Magic and Rob at least tried to offer Tyson or Javale first before Zu? I don't see why the Clips would be interested in veterans with no upside though.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 18 of 23
Jump to: