Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 636, 637, 638 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
When AD is likely traded to a non-Lakers destination, will be interesting to see if he will keep his threat to head into 2020 FA.

Will the Lakers punt yet another season for the hope that he will sign?

It really depends. I believe he will not sign an extension with any team that trades for him. If he only wants to play for the Lakers then Rich Paul and Magic will discuss it and it will be up to Magic if he wants to save space to get him in 2020.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
This is like the girl is down, in your bed but your boy purposely give you condom that's too small... hater

I bet all the LGers have this problem
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
When AD is likely traded to a non-Lakers destination, will be interesting to see if he will keep his threat to head into 2020 FA.

Hope not. Tired of punting. Lebron getting old

But that's IMO the only way to get AD.

Sacrifice at the AD altar, another season and year of LBJ. Will be costly to get AD if he even decides to join up with a then-36 year old LBJ.

They need to come up big this off season and it doesn't have to be free agency. It can still be through trade.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
governator wrote:
This is like the girl is down, in your bed but your boy purposely give you condom that's too small... hater

I bet all the LGers have this problem

Hahaha. what's a condom.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It really depends. I believe he will not sign an extension with any team that trades for him. If he only wants to play for the Lakers then Rich Paul and Magic will discuss it and it will be up to Magic if he wants to save space to get him in 2020.

But here's the cost:

1. 1 more year of LBJ's post prime
2. not fielding the best team possible b/c of punt salaries; 2 years of LBJ's deal wasted
3. you have to trade/renounce BI b/c his cap hold eats AD's cap space.

That's pretty costly.
pokoy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
32 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

But here's the cost:

2. not fielding the best team possible b/c of punt salaries; 2 years of LBJ's deal wasted

That's pretty costly.

Lebron is now a TV executive. Tell AD to sign for the minimum in 2020, and Lebron's entertainment company signs him to appear in a reality show that pays him oh say.... $35 million a year for 4 years.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerSanity

Moving this thread to the FA forum now that the deadline has passed.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Retired Number
Retired Number

yinoma2001 wrote:
32 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

But here's the cost:

That's pretty costly.

I know we have gone around in circles on this. I think Lebron wold sign off on it. And I think we could field a pretty good team and make the playoffs with 1 year contracts and the MLE. We have $38M to spend. How much cap space would we need to save a slot for AD?
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
32 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

But here's the cost:

That's pretty costly.

Lebron is now a TV executive. Tell AD to sign for the minimum in 2020, and Lebron's entertainment company signs him to appear in a reality show that pays him oh say.... $35 million a year for 4 years.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:15 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) ass Woj tweeted that the Celtics will get their chance to trade for AD now. Probably celebrating busting the only nut he will get this year.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject:

AD was basically our KG pipe dream. It recontinues in the off-season.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Magic/Pelinka made a huge blunder. They alienated their entire young squad. That 42 point beat down is just the beginning. I think it was Javel McGee that fell and no Laker came to give him a hand up. They play the Celtics tonight. If they don't get up for them they won't get up for anyone.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Magic/Pelinka made a huge blunder. They alienated their entire young squad. That 42 point beat down is just the beginning. I think it was Javel McGee that fell and no Laker came to give him a hand up. They play the Celtics tonight. If they don't get up for them they won't get up for anyone.

It was Mo but there was one close player on the court which was Lance who he collided with on the rebound. Not sure if Lance was looking that way.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
fwiw Ramona said it was never serious. All the talks with the Pelicans equaled maybe 5 minutes tops in total duration. NO was mainly leaking info.

It took five minutes to get to BI/Zo/Kuz/Hart/Zu plus draft picks and taking back Solomon Hill?

That would be like getting pregnant during a speed date...

I know you're pretty skeptical about things but it does not take that long to identify and white board.
lakertang
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Da Beast!!! wrote:
The Brow and the Bron wrote:
Had to sacrifice zu to get rid of beasley's mudd crazy ass. Damn.

Why not just waive Beasly???

This deal is to open a roster spot for Melo or some other buyout candidates.
LeBron Stan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:17 pm    Post subject:

How about Foj's snarky ass tweet right after the deadline passed about Foston can enter trade talks now like he won the damn lottery or something, everybody and there mama that has had a tv on over the last 10 days whether it be channel surfing and seeing it on NBA TV, ESPN, FS1, etc. knew what AD getting past the deadline not traded meant. Foj is already on Ainge's payroll maybe he is auditioning to be Danny Ferry's assistant GM when Demps gets canned.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject:

I really hope for the sake of the players that AD plays out the remaining of his contract in Boston and signs with us as a FA. Why?? Because they players will lose their leverage if he doesn't.

If he ended out resigning with the Celtics, lets say, then the league won the showdown. The teams can do what they want and the players don't really have any power. He should stick it to whomever signs him in a trade and opt out and let them sink. I would absolutely love it if the Celtics took him and he left, it would serve Ainge right.

The other thing that really pisses me off about this whole thing is that we never tampered with any of the players. PG was just stupid but it was not tampering. We have not tampered with AD. Lebron was asked a point blank statement about whether he would want to play with AD and he said, yeah it would be amazing to play with someone that good. He didn't bring this up. It's coming off like ESPN is trying to set us up and it is TOTAL BS!!!

If Lebron went out and pursued the media to tell them he wanted AD, then yeah, that would be tampering, but they can't ask him the question point blank and then give him grief for answering.

I am beginning to feel like the Lakers should ban ESPN from their building and ask the players not to talk with them.

There are so many angles to this that I find to be TOTAL BS, honestly feel like the league should look into it all.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lakers won't purposely save space. They'll save space if they strike out on the big names.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
32 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

But here's the cost:

That's pretty costly.

I know we have gone around in circles on this. I think Lebron wold sign off on it. And I think we could field a pretty good team and make the playoffs with 1 year contracts and the MLE. We have $38M to spend. How much cap space would we need to save a slot for AD?

It's pretty dang hard to build a championship contender over night. There's a reason Lebron signed on for 4 years. The 2 max plan only works if you can find 2 players worth the max who both want to join your team.

Ideally we would've signed Lebron and PG in the same offseason and then off we go contending for titles. Didn't happen.

Kawhi seemed to pivot almost immediately after we signed Lebron, and now Clippers seem to be favored.

KD wants to prove he's #1, so he isn't joining up with Lebron.

What other max players are out there? Options are limited. Waiting another year for AD will be our best option going forward if we strike out on the other max guys. Atleast we know he wants to play with Lebron AND play in L.A. The others want/ed L.A. but not Lebron.

Personally I'm fully on board with punting another year, and our young guys will be more developed by then too. Sadly I'm willing to sacrifice BI to get AD. Better than BI/Kuz/Ball/Zubac/Hart and 2 firsts.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Anthony Davis. A helluva runner at USC. Didn’t know he played hoops now. Seems a little old but whatever.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject:

Klutch Sports Group wrote:
They are going to move the Lakers to the NFL for all this punting.

They have that in common with the Rams.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
32 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lakers won't purposely save space. They'll save space if they strike out on the big names.

Right. A small but important distinction.

They will likely pursue 5-6 max level FAs and IF they say no then they will punt (maybe do a big one year 30m deal to whoever takes it).

I don't think they will shut off FA on July 1 b/c AD might be available 2020.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:43 pm    Post subject:

AD is getting booed by the home fans whenever he touches the ball.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject:

very disappointed the FO didnt shop expiring players for draft picks, even a 2nd rounder. We need as much ammo as possible to package for AD in the offseason.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:06 pm    Post subject:

If I’m the 76ers, I seriously consider trading Ben Simmons plus a combination of fillers and picks for AD.

Personally, I think Ben is one of the more overrated prospects in the league, and pairing AD with Embiid would be gameover for the league for the next 5 years
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 636, 637, 638 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 637 of 1425
Jump to: