*Official* Tank Thread 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Worth a shot. 6th worst record is feasible.
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:23 pm    Post subject:

5 years of sucking, with no All-Star talent to show for on the current roster. I'd settle for mediocrity for the 8th seed than tanking for multiple years again. That 5 year no playoffs run post-Kobe achilles was traumatizing. If your a young player, Lakers are not a good spot to play in unless your a generational talent. You have like a few months or your rookie season "to show it", i.e. Magic, Kobe-like, etc. or your considered and labelled a bum like Russell, Ingram, etc. by Lakers fans and NBA fans and don't get the patience like every other franchise for a player to develop.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
5 years of sucking, with no All-Star talent to show for on the current roster. I'd settle for mediocrity for the 8th seed than tanking for multiple years again. That 5 year no playoffs run post-Kobe achilles was traumatizing. If your a young player, Lakers are not a good spot to play in unless your a generational talent. You have like a few months or your rookie season "to show it", i.e. Magic, Kobe-like, etc. or your considered and labelled a bum like Russell, Ingram, etc. by Lakers fans and NBA fans and don't get the patience like every other franchise for a player to develop.

Pretty much.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:29 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:

D Lo was the only player dealt quickly. Randle had 4 years here. All these other guys are still here. If they were better players, Lakers would win more games.
Lazlow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:30 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:

How has sticking with young talent worked for the Orlando Magic and Suns in recent years?
bum2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:31 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:

But on the flip side. Players are overhyped, just because they play for the Lakers. Ingram being compared to KD...Lonzo to Magic...Kuzma having a mamba mentality etc.
Ultimately, they are trade bait because they arent generational talents. Which isnt a bad thing. Most players are trade bait, when young and cheap.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:33 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
DLo wouldn’t look like how he’s looking now with that moron as our coach. Kenny Atkinson has a good staff and he’s a great coach, Luke hired his buddies.
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:40 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
DLo wouldn’t look like how he’s looking now with that moron as our coach. Kenny Atkinson has a good staff and he’s a great coach, Luke hired his buddies.

I know for sure he would be playing same way BI plays now, with a lackadaisical and unfocused playing style under Luke lacking confidence and direction, same thing that happened with D'Lo development here. BI on another team would be flourishing like D'Lo is right now, same thing Randle is doing and even Thomas Bryant looks like he can be a starting center in the league.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:40 pm    Post subject:

bum2 wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:

But on the flip side. Players are overhyped, just because they play for the Lakers. Ingram being compared to KD...Lonzo to Magic...Kuzma having a mamba mentality etc.
Ultimately, they are trade bait because they arent generational talents. Which isnt a bad thing. Most players are trade bait, when young and cheap.

Ingram to KD, Ball to Magic and Kuzma mentioned in same breath as Kobe just has me laughing my arse off.
statyin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:43 pm    Post subject:

The season is pretty much over to me. I think we have seen the best of the team and we have seen the worst of the team after almost 50 games. There is a very slim chance that with the current roster, even after LBJ come back, we will make the top 4 seed of the west. And if we gonna end up as 5 - 8 seed, there is slim to no chance we will get to the second round of the playoffs, which is meaningless to me.

Just rest LBJ for the rest of the season and give our young guys chance to play. We can probably get a top 10 pick that way.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Yes the season is over for me also but one thing is for sure. I will not cheer one more year a tanking team. For me that's a history. I dont give a damn about picks. We had picks and look what we have. BI as second Ball as second
statyin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:13 pm    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
Yes the season is over for me also but one thing is for sure. I will not cheer one more year a tanking team. For me that's a history. I dont give a damn about picks. We had picks and look what we have. BI as second Ball as second

Well, they aren't generational talent but they aren't complete garbage either. You know our team is good at hyping up players, we can stockpile assets for trade bait lol. Bottom line, its better to get a cookie out of it than getting nothing.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:15 pm    Post subject:

statyin wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

Well, they aren't generational talent but they aren't complete garbage either. You know our team is good at hyping up players, we can stockpile assets for trade bait lol. Bottom line, its better to get a cookie out of it than getting nothing.

I agree. Kuzma and BI should take 30 shots every game and rise their stats until the end to look better in some trade. That's the main goal here now. We signed LBJ and there is no reason to play him with the kids. He need to play with other stars.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:17 pm    Post subject:

I can not believe we didn’t trade BI/Kuzma/Zo for KL. Lebron, KL, and a bunch of scrubs would get us into 2nd place in the west
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Yeah. Why didn't the Lakers trade their scrubs for some all-NBA talent? Very disappointing!!!
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:08 am    Post subject:

Tanking. As in, losing on purpose? Or cheering for losses?

With Lebron on this team. Either one of the above sounds indescribably lame.

Soon as injuries hit, let's abandon any semblance of character, not play to win, and tank like scared little baby men.

And prove every free agent who shunned us right in doing so.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:50 am    Post subject:

Stop this tank nonsense. We need a winning culture right now, we need to show we're a playoff team to better attract FAs.

Moreover, this draft class sucks and we're not getting the #1 pick. I want us to be a more attractive ball club for FAs and for that we need a good enough postseason participation, not a new 19 year old average player.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:04 am    Post subject:

tank???? did we sign Melo???
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:06 am    Post subject:

Ya'll make tank threads....

And then don't appreciate the players we draft cause they didn't develop fast enough, or you ignore when they have developed because you want to keep a pre-conceived notion that was made far too early in their development..
Only to then pretend that they weren't worth keeping while you watch them tear it up on another team, when we could have desperately needed them at that point in their development, essentially making our entire payoff for tanking when the player finally gets there...meaningless.

Why continue that same circle.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:10 am    Post subject:

I just made the official thread last week

I truly hope this thread has more success than mine did
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:46 am    Post subject:

Tanking is not trying. We are conducting an unintentional tank because of injuries. I will not be surprised if it is announced that LJ will not travel with the team during the next road trip. Our schedule is F'ing BRUTAL, so why risk his health. Its 8 games from now (6 straight on the road) which would give us 57 in total. We are currently 2 games back in the loss column, but we are battling with a couple of teams who are right there with us as well. We will know where we stand by the second week of Feb.
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:49 am    Post subject:

Sago wrote:
JA Morant!!!

Like that kid ...
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:36 am    Post subject:

We are in this position partially due to magic and rob. I'm still fans of them... Mainly because they are like having Don Draper and Roger Sterling in a pitch to attract free agents.

But that's balanced with some seriously questionable moves. Not resigning Lopez or gambling on Cousins. Both wanted to be here and were cheap.

I figure KCP and lebron were a package deal, so I guess it is what it is in that regard.

Randle? Something went down behind the scenes in that one. I'm guessing Mintz was pissed about the Dlo trade... Which also didn't help land Paul george.

Thomas Bryant? He was also super cheap. Why waive him?

And I suppose one could question not trying to get Derek Rose while magic was assembling his band of misfits. It was only a $2M one year gamble for the Timberwolves.

Dlo? We had to unload mozgov. Magic gambled that dlo wouldn't become anything spectacular. It still remains to be seen

The few times I've watched D'Angelo play on the nets, he still doesn't look super athletic out there. He's certainly no speed demon... But his shot is falling. Can he keep it up and stay injury free? This is a guy who had platelet rich knee injections at like 19 years old.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:45 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Tanking. As in, losing on purpose? Or cheering for losses?

With Lebron on this team. Either one of the above sounds indescribably lame.

Soon as injuries hit, let's abandon any semblance of character, not play to win, and tank like scared little baby men.

And prove every free agent who shunned us right in doing so.
lol all this tough talk for what? to take these L's anyway. we're going to lose a lot of games because we're hurt and have been hurt. might as well roll out the tank. It's not like we're tanking with a 90%+ healthy roster all season long. we're not taking due to fear we're tanking because we can't win these games. lol. it's actually not tanking at all. we're just not good enough with all these injuries.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject:

PengShow wrote:
Package the pick for an actual star if it came down to that, we don't need more young players.

Yeah, trade the #2 pick or Ingram for Paul George. Oh wait....
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 2 of 67
Jump to: