Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:54 pm    Post subject:

818fan wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
LKA wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
LKA wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Ingram is our leading scorer with 20 points on 60% shooting, yet he's the only one getting destroyed in this thread

It doesn't even make sense, do you guys just not get pissed when anyone else (bleep) up?

his production doesn’t equate to wins, unfortunately.

Ingram has just played average... but what some of us get annoyed about is that some of you say nothing when other players have off games... but Ingram gets the full wrath of the board when he does.

SM I know you’re an intelligent guy, and I’m sure you’re fully aware that most of the time when Ingram has a good scoring game, we lose. Do you see this as just a crazy coincidence?

Ingram will be an excellent fourth option when we sign the second FA.

I just wish some here would be supportive instead of tear him down every off game.

I realize everyone has the right to vent on a public message board... but it's always him.

It's not easy when he had a ton of trade value yet Magic labeled him untouchable.

Are you old enough to have seen Magic's talk show?

Magic is my favorite player... GOAT in my mind... but he wasn't a great coach... and he's far from infallible in my mind.

Ingram, Zo, and Kuzma are all worth keeping unless we get a super offer for one of them.

I don't want them bundled like DVDs in a Craigslist sale.

Last edited by Sentient Meat on Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Fracture wrote:
adkindo wrote:
misterchipmunk wrote:
samnizam wrote:
misterchipmunk wrote:
this roster is poorly constructed and our coaching sucks

NAME ONE COACH YOU WOULD HIRE

LAVAR BALL

he would do a better job

yeah, he has did a bang up job with his own sons

Got one to the NBA

Let's hire Jrue Holidays dad then

Last edited by Treble Clef on Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Kuzma and Hart were garbage

Thank You.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

1ngr4m wrote:
All tanking will do is give us another rookie to destroy because we're too impatient lol

what do you mean....every All Star in history has averaged 25 PPG by their 3rd season...right? The only....and I mean only silver lining is losing as many of the fans on LG do not deserve to have a winning team. The constant negativity, and having a trade list after every game.....
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Fracture wrote:
adkindo wrote:
misterchipmunk wrote:
samnizam wrote:
misterchipmunk wrote:

LAVAR BALL

he would do a better job

Got one to the NBA

Let's hire Jude Holidays dad then

I'm willing to try anything over Luke tbh
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

I am just so angry. Tired of losing a lot. Lebron wont change a thing. Might as well shoot for Zion. Even if Zion sucks at the pro level at least we will enjoy his high fly act. Lol.

What does Ingram bring to the table? Inconsistent 1 on 1 (bleep) with no shooting. Yeah. (bleep). So (bleep) angry right now.
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

That was pretty unwatchable after the half.

We're digging ourselves a hole if we want to get into the play-offs. Young core inconsistent as predicted.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

Don Draper wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
All tanking will do is give us another rookie to destroy because we're too impatient lol

Basically. We'd actually be pretty good if we just kept all of our young guys.

Zo/Dlo/Kuz/Randle/Zubac

Something tells me Dlo wouldnt be doing what he's doing if Luke was his coach. I mean, he treated DLO and Randle like crap. benching them both.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

Treble Clef wrote:
Fracture wrote:
adkindo wrote:
misterchipmunk wrote:
samnizam wrote:
misterchipmunk wrote:

LAVAR BALL

he would do a better job

Got one to the NBA

Let's hire Jrue Holidays dad then

or the Plumlee's dad
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Hart’s been garbage for awhile

I wonder if trade rumors are affecting his play? The DSJ trade talk likely means that Josh Hart is involved..
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:57 pm    Post subject:

To be fair kuzma been playing great. Tonight he was off. Ingram always bring it on.

BTW new not doing that great with LG favorite coach there
JeffreyRashad
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:58 pm    Post subject:

misterchipmunk wrote:

Prod: Drake - 'Is There More'

Lakers fan since age 2. Nick Van Exel was my first hero
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

I wonder if trade rumors are affecting his play? The DSJ trade talk likely means that Josh Hart is involved..

Id give up any of the kids for dsj. That kid has a dog in him
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Basically. We'd actually be pretty good if we just kept all of our young guys.

Zo/Dlo/Kuz/Randle/Zubac

Something tells me Dlo wouldnt be doing what he's doing if Luke was his coach. I mean, he treated DLO and Randle like crap. benching them both.

True enough. Think I was one of the people leading the charge regarding Luke's treatment of DLO.
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

3peat_pete wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Crazy
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

Svi hits back2back 3s then got benched the whole game after missing his 3rd shot.

I bet if Svi is handled by a decent coach, he can contirbute consistently in any team. Luke doesn't know how to use him or at least draw some plays for him. He is the Lakers best shooter.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:00 pm    Post subject:

3peat_pete wrote:

I like DSJ, but I would argue Ingram has more legit dog in him than DSJ
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:00 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Svi hits back2back 3s then got benched the whole game after missing his 3rd shot.

I bet if Svi is handled by a decent coach, he can contirbute consistently in any team. Luke doesn't know how to use him or at least draw some plays for him. He is the Lakers best shooter.

I agree this one on Luke he hit two three then he was gone.
818fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
818fan wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
LKA wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
LKA wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Ingram is our leading scorer with 20 points on 60% shooting, yet he's the only one getting destroyed in this thread

It doesn't even make sense, do you guys just not get pissed when anyone else (bleep) up?

Ingram has just played average... but what some of us get annoyed about is that some of you say nothing when other players have off games... but Ingram gets the full wrath of the board when he does.

SM I know you’re an intelligent guy, and I’m sure you’re fully aware that most of the time when Ingram has a good scoring game, we lose. Do you see this as just a crazy coincidence?

I just wish some here would be supportive instead of tear him down every off game.

I realize everyone has the right to vent on a public message board... but it's always him.

It's not easy when he had a ton of trade value yet Magic labeled him untouchable.

Magic is my favorite player... GOAT in my mind... but he wasn't a great coach... and he's far from infallible in my mind.

Ingram, Zo, and Kuzma are all worth keeping unless we get a super offer for one of them.

I was too young but I know enough to know all that without watching it.

Their value currently lies on this coaching staff. Without properly running a good offense, why are they worth keeping?

If BI will never reach his potential with Luke then why keep him? It's either he's traded for some value and he probably thrives somewhere else or we hire a new coaching staff.
Rhazz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:04 pm    Post subject:

This team is a dumpster fire. Luke flat out can’t coach. Sure he says the right things but his rotations, lack of gameplan or team identity and team’s lack of improvement in any area speak for themselves.

Kuz needs to start well to have a good game scoring and since the rest of his game depends on him having a good scoring night it’s either an absolute hit or complete miss. Most of it is on Kuz, but since he is a young dude the coaching has to take some of the blame to identify his strengths and make sure he gets off to good starts through proper play calls.

Ingram suffocates the flow of the game with constant iso play that he’s not all that good at. His midrange, that he relies on so much, is very inconsistent. Doesn’t really utilize the one advantage that he has over most players which is his length. Lacks speed to blow by anyone. Proper coach would make him play way more off the ball and utilize the playmaking of other players to set him up for easy buckets off cuts. Take the pressure to be playmaker off him.

Hart is a hard working player that is also plagued by inconsistency. And he’s prone to some really stupid moves like constantly fouling jump shooters.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:06 pm    Post subject:

So im wondering one thing about Luke. As soon as Lebron went out that would have been a golden oppurtunity to develop our other younglins...We seriously have talent on this team but it's like Luke doesn't want to take the chance.

SVI was excellent when he played and Zubac has more talent than Javale ever had. Javale has the gift of being an amazing athlete. But Zu is way for fundamentally sound. We should have cranked MO,ZU and SVI's minutes way up. Seriously imagine where they would be mentally if their minutes got way up after that GSW win.

We have failed massivly this season at developing talent. Nobody and i mean NOBODY gives a player that shoots 23% from 3 for a whole month multiple chances and given 20min a game whilst being a role player. We have guys on the bench who cant sniff minutes yet they have shown to be equally or more talented than some guys playing 20 min.

Im still high on our core but we seriously need to start looking at wtf our staff is doing?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:18 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
We have failed massivly this season at developing talent

one could argue that we have always been poor at developing young talent.....I think the advances our young guys have made have been in spite of the organization, not because of it. That is not really a Luke issue....player development is more organizational than the head coach.

Compare it to how Dlo has developed in Brooklyn....and how they have developed much lower and supposedly less talented draft picks...Jarrett Allen, Dinwiddie, Joe Harris, Caris Levert.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:19 pm    Post subject:

818fan wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
818fan wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
LKA wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
LKA wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

I was too young but I know enough to know all that without watching it.

Their value currently lies on this coaching staff. Without properly running a good offense, why are they worth keeping?

If BI will never reach his potential with Luke then why keep him? It's either he's traded for some value and he probably thrives somewhere else or we hire a new coaching staff.

Magic is a great businessman and salesman... so I take what he says with a grain of salt.

I'm sure he's not saying that crazy stuff when he's talking to Rob in the tunnel.

If they trade him for someone like Kemba... I will be sad, but have no problem with that type of move.

I just don't want us to give up the farm for AD.

I think he'll be at minimum a good solid player... and if he gains strength and improves his shooting he'll be even more.

I would hate for us to throw all our depth out for someone who although is great, also has never won anything and gets injured a lot.

So I have a realistic approach to BI, and would like to keep him rather than see him thrive on another team.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:31 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
TMG wrote:
We have failed massivly this season at developing talent

one could argue that we have always been poor at developing young talent.....I think the advances our young guys have made have been in spite of the organization, not because of it. That is not really a Luke issue....player development is more organizational than the head coach.

Compare it to how Dlo has developed in Brooklyn....and how they have developed much lower and supposedly less talented draft picks...Jarrett Allen, Dinwiddie, Joe Harris, Caris Levert.

I agree with that it isn't a Luke issue. This team has deep problems. People need to start swallowing their pride and start thinking about development rather than the homerun. We have talent we just need to develop it in a proper way. And that starts from up top. I might get hate for this but i seriously think we have people who dont care as much as they say they do about this team from Jeanie to everyone else. We lack culture.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:08 am    Post subject:

I am starting to realize like this is an effort thing. It has to be, the talent is there for both ends of the court but this team pathetically lacks effort consistently. I don't know how you can change the collective mindset but something has to happen for the team's sanity.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 27 of 28
Jump to: