Official MMA thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 466, 467, 468 ... 475, 476, 477  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 6736
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:19 pm    Post subject:

I remember reading about Jones and his brothers
Serious genetic power there
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chandler_Jones
Chandler James Jones (born February 27, 1990) is an American football defensive end for the Arizona Cardinals of the National Football League (NFL). Jones was selected by the New England Patriots with the 21st overall pick of the 2012 NFL Draft. He played college football at Syracuse.
6' 5" 265


https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Jones_(American_football)
Arthur Willis Jones III (born June 3, 1986) is a former American football defensive end who played eight seasons in the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Syracuse. He was drafted by the Baltimore Ravens in the fifth round of the 2010 NFL Draft and won Super Bowl XLVII with them.
6' 3" 320
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 25465

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:45 pm    Post subject:

Yeah Jon always talks about how he's the runt of the litter.
_________________
(bleep) those 2 guys. Onward!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Moses
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 7972
Location: London

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Looks like it’ll be Woodley bs Usman on March 2nd as the Co-main to Bones vs Anthony smith if bones can get licensed in Nevada.

I don’t even like Colby but it’s messed up how the ufc does their match making. I think what it is is Dana wants Woodley out of there. Colby has almost no chance to beat him but Usman does have a shot. Tyron better make sure this doesn’t go to a decision.


I really like Kamaru, think he'd be a dangerous opponent for Woodley.

I think Covington is overrated and a clown. Can't stand his cringeworthy attempts to trash talk or try and be cool.

I also definitely agree that Dana doesn't like Tyron, he's never liked him, and would be grinning like a damn fool if Kamaru is able to handle business.
_________________
Even The Genius Has His Questions, Be Grateful For Blessings...
Lakers, Chargers, Dodgers, Tide

RIP Junior Seau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 16702

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
22 wrote:
Looks like it’ll be Woodley bs Usman on March 2nd as the Co-main to Bones vs Anthony smith if bones can get licensed in Nevada.

I don’t even like Colby but it’s messed up how the ufc does their match making. I think what it is is Dana wants Woodley out of there. Colby has almost no chance to beat him but Usman does have a shot. Tyron better make sure this doesn’t go to a decision.


I really like Kamaru, think he'd be a dangerous opponent for Woodley.

I think Covington is overrated and a clown. Can't stand his cringeworthy attempts to trash talk or try and be cool.

I also definitely agree that Dana doesn't like Tyron, he's never liked him, and would be grinning like a damn fool if Kamaru is able to handle business.


Completely agreed Mo. I’ll be tuning in just to see the Dana antics should Tyron win again lol.

I heard Colby was threatening to go to another promotion over this. Lima or Rory vs Colby might be interesting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 11801
Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:21 pm    Post subject:

What’s Dana’s beef with Woodley?
_________________
Maginka doing work
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 16702

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
What’s Dana’s beef with Woodley?


I'm not 100% sure how it started, but Woodley has some Floyd like tendencies with how he approaches fights (intelligently). In his two fights with Wonderboy and against Maia Woodley fought stylistically in the best way to win the fight, but not the best way to make the fight exciting. This pisses Dana off because he wants Woodley to go out there swinging for the fences every fight and make it a bloodbath generating more $$$. Woodley picks whichever path is the safest for him to win. He criticizes Woodley publicly for it and doesn't try booking him any money fights because of it. This causes Woodley to have sort of a victim complex, which makes Dana hate him (and some of the fans) even more.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 11801
Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the nice breakdown, 22. Always appreciate you.

Woodley went to war with Wonderboy in their first fight. I see zero room for complaints in that one. Second fight snooze was as much Thompson’s fault as Ty’s.

I’m not sure what anyone would expect from a Maia fight other than what’s happened in every single one of his fights. So I think there’s a disconnect with the sound reasoning you provided and the reality of Dana’s thinking.

It’s obviously personal. That shot of Dana’s face while Woodley was being named the winner of the fight against Till was hilariously epic.

I know Dana has a problem with Woodley’s injuries and surgeries but that’s only justifiable if Ty’s playing possum, which Dana’s comments and attitude imply. My guess is it has to do with negotiations and opportunities.

Ty has a chip on his shoulder to begin with so when he murked Lawler, he probably had an expectation of how he was going to be paid and treated. Probably felt like he’d paid his dues to get there and wanted to be compensated and that view was probably amplifies by what he saw other fighters getting. When it didn’t go the way he hoped and Dana started souring on him and questioning him, didn’t Ty suggest race was a factor?

Either way, Till was placed in that fight to remove Woodley and that it didn’t happen is why Usman is getting the nod. He’s got the better shot to dethrone Woodley.

It’s a shame it’s gone down like this because Tyron is a beast.
_________________
Maginka doing work
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 16702

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Thanks for the nice breakdown, 22. Always appreciate you.

Woodley went to war with Wonderboy in their first fight. I see zero room for complaints in that one. Second fight snooze was as much Thompson’s fault as Ty’s.

I’m not sure what anyone would expect from a Maia fight other than what’s happened in every single one of his fights. So I think there’s a disconnect with the sound reasoning you provided and the reality of Dana’s thinking.

It’s obviously personal. That shot of Dana’s face while Woodley was being named the winner of the fight against Till was hilariously epic.

I know Dana has a problem with Woodley’s injuries and surgeries but that’s only justifiable if Ty’s playing possum, which Dana’s comments and attitude imply. My guess is it has to do with negotiations and opportunities.

Ty has a chip on his shoulder to begin with so when he murked Lawler, he probably had an expectation of how he was going to be paid and treated. Probably felt like he’d paid his dues to get there and wanted to be compensated and that view was probably amplifies by what he saw other fighters getting. When it didn’t go the way he hoped and Dana started souring on him and questioning him, didn’t Ty suggest race was a factor?

Either way, Till was placed in that fight to remove Woodley and that it didn’t happen is why Usman is getting the nod. He’s got the better shot to dethrone Woodley.

It’s a shame it’s gone down like this because Tyron is a beast.


100%! Ty did bring race into it and that really pissed everyone off lol.

I don’t think it’s about race, but Dana just doesn’t agree with how he does things. Also agreed that’s why Usman was picked over Colby
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 6736
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Is all the Dillashaw hype as the predetermined winner such a good idea?

Cejuno is very strong and it is His belt..

Now TJ is already talking about challenging Holloway..

Confidence and ego are great but this feels a bit overboard
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 6736
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Gillesspie with 10 takedowns in first round..

hes gonna get beat though
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 6736
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:37 pm    Post subject:

amazing how suffocating this guy is and has the endurance
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 6736
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject:

few too many strikes behind the ear but Gillespie is a nut..wow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
unleasHell
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 9940
Location: Stay Thirsty my Friends

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:49 pm    Post subject:

That was an awesome fight by (Cowboy) Cerrone, I love watching this guy fight...!
_________________
What does Marcellus Wallace look like?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 6736
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject:

last fight awesome too
White boy went Hulkamania in round 2.. (bleep) Hardy blasted him right behind the ear with an illegal knee while on the ground

I think he went street mode because he was losing and didn't think clearly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
misterchipmunk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 18 Apr 2010
Posts: 410

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:23 pm    Post subject:

lol @ TJ and Dana
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 60898

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Damn. That was fast. lol
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 6736
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:25 pm    Post subject:

bad stoppage
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 6736
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:31 pm    Post subject:

he had plenty of energy left it seemed to me..

I don't think he is afraid to get knocked out..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 25465

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject:

TJ didn't respect his striking.
_________________
(bleep) those 2 guys. Onward!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 6736
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
TJ didn't respect his striking.


It was funny seeing TJs head ragdoll a few times... someone will gif it for sure

I thought the hype was a lame game plan..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 25465

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:37 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
TJ didn't respect his striking.


It was funny seeing TJs head ragdoll a few times... someone will gif it for sure

I thought the hype was a lame game plan..


The shot that tagged him looked like it just grazed him but it was right on the temple. Sent him to Q street.
_________________
(bleep) those 2 guys. Onward!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 11801
Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:00 am    Post subject:

TJ was due for a humbling and the bell rang.

Props to Cejudo for making the most of his opportunity.

Glover can take a licking.
_________________
Maginka doing work
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 16702

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:26 am    Post subject:

Cejudo will now get a title shot at 135.

Kinda funny he wanted to resurrect 125 but now he will go fight at 135 lol. I understand though he’s gotta do whats best for him

Pretty good card!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 6736
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:51 am    Post subject:

Ego without respect for your opponent is a really ugly trailer trash mentality

I cannot like Dillashaw until he finds some humility

Quote:

“I am leaps and bounds better than Henry Cejudo,” Dillashaw said. “I greatly believe that. But unfortunately, I didn’t get a chance to prove it.”


You got a chance and looked like a little kid fighting a man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Moses
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 7972
Location: London

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:44 am    Post subject:

Thought it was an early stoppage, where is Mario Yamasaki when you need him?

Nonetheless, Cejudo was all over TJ like a rash, and perhaps would've put him down for real if he'd been given the chance.

Nice to see TJ getting a bit of an ego check too.

Conor v Cerrone would be an interesting fight. Man the stand up would be intense and there would be some shots landing in that one.
_________________
Even The Genius Has His Questions, Be Grateful For Blessings...
Lakers, Chargers, Dodgers, Tide

RIP Junior Seau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 466, 467, 468 ... 475, 476, 477  Next
Page 467 of 477
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB