THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1346, 1347, 1348 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
I'm clearing my calendar for February 7. There's just no way I'm going to get anything done that day.

?

VicXLakers wrote:
Feb 7 get your popcorn orders in...Michael Cohen will testify IN PUBLIC

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Cohen will have lots of interesting stuff to say, however, he will be prevented from talking about some of the Mueller items that Mueller still wants under wraps.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
I'm clearing my calendar for February 7. There's just no way I'm going to get anything done that day.

?

VicXLakers wrote:

Along with the obvious, I am curious to see how the Republicans treat him. Will their approach be to only defend Trump, or will some begin to attack him. Their approach will be telling as to just where they are at regarding impeachment.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Cohen will have lots of interesting stuff to say, however, he will be prevented from talking about some of the Mueller items that Mueller still wants under wraps.

What he can't answer will be very telling.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject:

This is for the people who call Democrats and Pelosi "corporate shills."

Quote:
Nancy Pelosi Verified account @TeamPelosi

The right to vote is the cornerstone of our democracy.

Democrats will lift up the voices of all Americans with our #ForThePeople Act #HR1:

✔️Enact public financing of our elections
✔️End dark money
✔️Stop the revolving door
✔️Overturn Citizens United

House Democrats officially unveil their first bill in the majority: a sweeping anti-corruption proposal. Democrats will take up voting rights, campaign finance reform, and a lobbying crackdown — all in their first bill of the year.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Democrats will lift up the voices of all Americans with our #ForThePeople Act #HR1:

✔️End dark money

House Democrats officially unveil their first bill in the majority: a sweeping anti-corruption proposal. Democrats will take up voting rights, campaign finance reform, and a lobbying crackdown — all in their first bill of the year.

This is the bill I suggested they attach to any bargain, along with granting amnesty for the DACA's. Give Trump his $5.7B, since he wants it so bad that he will shut down the government over it, but in exchange, the Dems need this in return.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
It appears that trump will be investigated by da man the rest of his life.

I once advocated that we allow trump to leave the country with his family and his wealth with no criminal prosecution but now with the way he has used the presidency to enrich himself the money stays...he can take his family

May I suggest Bariloche...your family might fit in
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

?

VicXLakers wrote:

Along with the obvious, I am curious to see how the Republicans treat him. Will their approach be to only defend Trump, or will some begin to attack him. Their approach will be telling as to just where they are at regarding impeachment.

I'd bet a least one would bring up the wall...anyone know of the o/u on that?

I'm taking the over on blame Obama for not shutting down the russian interference no matter the number
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
It appears that trump will be investigated by da man the rest of his life.

I once advocated that we allow trump to leave the country with his family and his wealth with no criminal prosecution but now with the way he has used the presidency to enrich himself the money stays...he can take his family

May I suggest Bariloche...your family might fit in

I am very much in favor of reforming state and federal forfeiture laws that seem to go too far, without much oversight, and even without convictions, but I say that we wait until the Feds, the Southern District of NY, and whomever will be prosecuting Trump, get their loot.

Last edited by ribeye on Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Trump will probably never see the inside of a prison. In case he is found guilty on all the charges how do you think he'll spend the rest of his miserable life?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject:

By the end of his term. Trump is going to give George W. a run for his money in the "who was a worse President?" race.

The countless children separated at the border, the deaths he's still allowing to happen to US citizens in Puerto Rico, not to mention the TREASON.

I'm not downplaying W. I'm just saying. Trump is doing his best to make a case.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
By the end of his term. Trump is going to give George W. a run for his money in the "who was a worse President?" race.

The countless children separated at the border, the deaths he's still allowing to happen to US citizens in Puerto Rico, not to mention the TREASON.

He's already the worse president ever.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:

He's already the worse president ever.

Truth
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject:

The Dumpster is about to get played again. He'll say our intelligence about Kim still working on nuclear weapons is untrue. All Kim has to do is deny it and Trump will say it's FAKE NEWS!

White House announces second Trump-Kim summit

LINK

Quote:
Shortly after the White House meeting, Sanders was pressed by reporters on why the US should believe North Korean promises regarding denuclearization.

"We've continued to make progress. We're continuing to have conversations. The US is going to continue to keep pressure and sanctions on North Korea until we see fully and verified denuclearization. We've had very good steps in good faith from the North Koreans in releasing the hostages and other moves so we're going to continue those conversations," she said.

Quote:
Many critics accuse the Trump administration of failing to get Pyongyang to agree to specifics at their first summit. They say the North Koreans want a second summit because they believe they can extract greater concessions by meeting with Trump directly, as opposed to working with envoys like Pompeo or Steve Biegun, the US special representative to North Korea.

He knows how to play Trump.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes. You noted the main three reasons I so dislike the leader of the Republican Party--each I think are worthy of impeachment in the theoretical. I also agree that Trump is making a solid case, and while he is far more unlikable as a person, he did not have attorney-gate and his server-gate, he did not turn a surplus into a (huge) deficit, ignore the housing bubble until it was too late, nor lead the country into the worst foreign policy decision of my lifetime, spreading agony to millions.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:57 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes. You noted the main three reasons I so dislike the puppet of the Russian Federation--each I think are worthy of impeachment in the theoretical. I also agree that Trump is making a solid case, and while he is far more unlikable as a person, he did not have attorney-gate and his server-gate, he did not turn a surplus into a (huge) deficit, ignore the housing bubble until it was too late, nor lead the country into the worst foreign policy decision of my lifetime, spreading agony to millions.

FIFY

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Lanny Davis, Michael Cohen's lawyer is about to come on MSNBC MTP DAILY with Chuck Todd.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:20 pm    Post subject:

If Mueller has enough on Trump to put him in jail e.g. (standing over the body with a smoking gun in hand) can Trump ask for a plea deal to resign?

ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:24 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
If Mueller has enough on Trump to put him in jail e.g. (standing over the body with a smoking gun in hand) can Trump ask for a plea deal to resign?

It is believed that Mueller will respect the Judicial Branch's assertion that the president cannot be indicted. Even if he were to be indicted, he IS the big fish, so he has no one else to give up--that is, someone within the reach of our criminal system.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
The Dumpster is about to get played again. He'll say our intelligence about Kim still working on nuclear weapons is untrue. All Kim has to do is deny it and Trump will say it's FAKE NEWS!

White House announces second Trump-Kim summit

LINK

Quote:
Shortly after the White House meeting, Sanders was pressed by reporters on why the US should believe North Korean promises regarding denuclearization.

"We've continued to make progress. We're continuing to have conversations. The US is going to continue to keep pressure and sanctions on North Korea until we see fully and verified denuclearization. We've had very good steps in good faith from the North Koreans in releasing the hostages and other moves so we're going to continue those conversations," she said.

Quote:
Many critics accuse the Trump administration of failing to get Pyongyang to agree to specifics at their first summit. They say the North Koreans want a second summit because they believe they can extract greater concessions by meeting with Trump directly, as opposed to working with envoys like Pompeo or Steve Biegun, the US special representative to North Korea.

He knows how to play Trump.

Preview of the next meeting: https://twitter.com/PaulLeeTicks/status/1086387181239713792

(this guy does the best videos )
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:28 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

✔️End dark money

This is the bill I suggested they attach to any bargain, along with granting amnesty for the DACA's. Give Trump his $5.7B, since he wants it so bad that he will shut down the government over it, but in exchange, the Dems need this in return.

If they can accomplish all that, then give him $10 Billion for the damn wall. If they also establish Medicare for all, then give him $25 billion.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Listening to MSNBC. If I have it right, if Mueller has evidence that Trump instructed Cohen to lie to congress he has to show the evidence.

I think it's time for Mueller to drop the other shoe. Lately there have been to many leaks.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:07 pm    Post subject:

LINK

WOW!!! jus fu..ing WOW!! Get convicted for shooting a Brother if you don't get a 6 week paid vacation you get 81 months (6.8 years eligible for parole in 40 months) That's a damn shame! And the beat goes on.

I post this here because of post on pg 1154

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Sounds like the "National Emergency" is coming tomorrow . . .

Trump Teases ‘Major’ Shutdown Announcement For Saturday
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:49 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Sounds like the "National Emergency" is coming tomorrow . . .

Trump Teases ‘Major’ Shutdown Announcement For Saturday

Maybe he'll declare Martial Law?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1346, 1347, 1348 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 1347 of 3663
Jump to: