4 Officers Beat an Innocent Man While He was on Fire (Video - NSFW)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:28 pm    Post subject: 4 Officers Beat an Innocent Man While He was on Fire (Video - NSFW)

Quote:
The innocent West New York man who was kicked in the head by cops while he escaped the fiery wreckage of a car crash has filed a notice outlining his intent to sue the city and police department.

On the night of the crash, officials say police tried to question Pinkston in a Greenville neighborhood because his vehicle matched the description of one involved in a recent shooting. Pinkston took off and police pursued him for six miles. Three officers shot at Pinkston's car and he suffered a gunshot wound to his leg, officials said.

The crash ended near North Street, about a mile away from where Pinkston was shot. Pinkston collided with Feliz's car and the young father suffered serious injuries. Feliz's attorney said his client's car exploded as a result of the crash.

Video shows at least one police officer kick Feliz in the face after he emerged from the burning wreckage. The legal notice indicates Feliz was hospitalized for over a month to be treated for severe burns on his arms, chest and fingers, and significant leg injuries. It also alleges he suffered fractured ribs and injuries to his back, arms, and head "as a result of being beaten, dragged, and handcuffed."

eliz has not been able to return to work since he was injured, according to the notice. The claim also seeks to hold the officers involved -- MD Khan, Eric Kosinski, Francisco Rodriguez, and Lt. Keith Ludwig -- responsible for the crash. A grand jury returned a 25-count indictment against the officers for their alleged conduct that night, with charges ranging from attempted murder to official misconduct.

Miguel Feliz

Quote:
A Hudson County Superior Court judge on Friday rejected a bid by three Jersey City police officers and one ex-cop to dismiss the charges they face over a June 2017 high-speed pursuit that ended in a fiery crash on Tonnelle Avenue.

Judge Mitzy Galis-Menendez ruled that prosecutors did not present a faulty presentation to the grand jury that indicted the four men, MD Khan, Eric Kosinski, Keith Ludwig and Francisco Rodriguez. Lawyers for the men argued that prosecutors gave grand jurors incomplete evidence, offered bad instructions and hid exculpatory evidence.

The issues raised by the defendants' attorneys are relevant for a trial jury, but not a grand jury, Galis-Menendez said. She rejected a defense argument that prosecutors attempted to "game" the grand jury system to win an indictment.

Friday's ruling sets the stage for a trial next year.

Going To Trial

Video of Beating / Kicking / Dragging
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:32 pm    Post subject:

well not exactly innocent if he's running away from police
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:

He was running away from a burning car after it was hit by the car Police were chasing. 1st the poor guy get's rammed out of nowhere. Then his car burst into flames, and then to add insult to injury, 4 cops start kicking him in the face and dragging his burning body across the pavement all while the perp they were chasing, and had shot in the leg, is running away.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:17 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:

Here's a concept for ya, guilt or innocence isn't determined on the street by the toe of a boot.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:34 pm    Post subject:

my bad totally misread the article. I thought the victim was the one who initially ran from police after he was stopped for matching a suspect's car description
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
my bad totally misread the article. I thought the victim was the one who initially ran from police after he was stopped for matching a suspect's car description

I misread it also. The video was clarifying.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject:

"Your honor, I was just trying to stomp the fire on his face out".
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: