OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 457, 458, 459 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:
This thread is so cancerous, where were you two when Kuz scored 41?
You two are basically Donald Trump 2.0, is it good to say that when you insult someone while trying to say you're not insulting someone?

Clarkson scored 35 before.

Why is it a bad thing that he's compared to Clarkson?

Clarkson isn't a bad player.

Because Clarkson is a (bleep) defender/rebounder/passer and is doing nothing to help the team if he’s not scoring efficiently? Kuz makes looks an awful lot like that type of player atm tbh. Literally needs forcefed to have an efficient game scoring. The irony is that before the game he talked about how his defense and playmaking has improved so much🙄. Then he goes into Kuzma mode several times on the break and tries doing it alone even though he has someone running with him.

Having an awful game is one thing. But labelling him he is not every (bleep) time he has a bad game and staying quiet when he has good ones is (bleep) ignorant. Go back to kindergarten you 5 year olds.

I love basketball. *Metta voice*
bigkobe81
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Last 6 games:

4/18 - 11 pts
16/24 - 41 pts
4/20- 13 pts
1/4 - 4 pts
5/17 - 18
9/21 - 24

I like the kid but he’s shooting at a high volume with low efficiency. Needs to take smarter shots and avoid the tunnel vision
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject:

yuurin98 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:
This thread is so cancerous, where were you two when Kuz scored 41?
You two are basically Donald Trump 2.0, is it good to say that when you insult someone while trying to say you're not insulting someone?

Clarkson scored 35 before.

Why is it a bad thing that he's compared to Clarkson?

Clarkson isn't a bad player.

Because Clarkson is a (bleep) defender/rebounder/passer and is doing nothing to help the team if he’s not scoring efficiently? Kuz makes looks an awful lot like that type of player atm tbh. Literally needs forcefed to have an efficient game scoring. The irony is that before the game he talked about how his defense and playmaking has improved so much🙄. Then he goes into Kuzma mode several times on the break and tries doing it alone even though he has someone running with him.

Having an awful game is one thing. But labelling him he is not every (bleep) time he has a bad game and staying quiet when he has good ones is (bleep) ignorant. Go back to kindergarten you 5 year olds.

Because his good games are followed by horrific games. What's there to be hyped about when know what's going to happen the following game?

He's either helping us or killing us.

Next game he's going to dominate. Yipee.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject:

bigkobe81 wrote:
Last 6 games:

4/18 - 11 pts
16/24 - 41 pts
4/20- 13 pts
1/4 - 4 pts
5/17 - 18
9/21 - 24

Crazy volume

With LeBron and Rondo already out, we saw how much more crappy the team was without Kuz. And with Beas out we had horrible lineups lol.
We almost need Kuz to shoot with our limited offense... in hopes he gets hot I guess.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Imagine how good Kuz would look in an offense that he didn't have to generate all of his opportunities in..

We've seen how good he can be off ball.. Well, it doesn't matter how good he is off ball if you don't have someone breaking the defense down, or an actual offensive system to break it down.

What we seen from him isn't his fault.

Our pups aren't good enough to consistently break defenses down on their own. They shouldn't be dumped on because they aren't iso aficionados.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject:

The takes on this dude are as hot and cold as his shooting.

(bleep) relax from game to game.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Kuz needs someone to breakdown the defense for him in order for him to take advantage and score. We don’t have anyone that can do that without lebron other than Ingram but he’s inconsistent. There’s also Lonzo but he seems scared to penetrate consistently.

Kuzma is good playing off others that can draw doubles or breakdown the defense by penetrating. He’s also great in transition/semi transition and coming off screens in halfcourt. Unfortunately he’s not much of a true halfcourt iso scorer imo so he’s obviously struggled without lebron as well as the rest of the team.

It’s pretty clear that our halfcourt offense is the lebron show and without him we are trash.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:28 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Imagine how good Kuz would look in an offense that he didn't have to generate all of his opportunities in..

We've seen how good he can be off ball.. Well, it doesn't matter how good he is off ball if you don't have someone breaking the defense down, or an actual offensive system to break it down.

Our pups aren't good enough to consistently break defenses down on their own. They shouldn't be dumped on because they aren't iso aficionados.
kuz generates his opportunities? From what I’ve seen his offense is created by Zo on PNR or Bron on dish and drives or Rondo when he penetrates. Well at least his good offense. Kuz when he tries to generate his own offense, he’s getting blocked, passing to the other team or fast breaks where he goes 1 on 3 and throws a brick.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
The takes on this dude are as hot and cold as his shooting.

(bleep) relax from game to game.

you can't get too low and you can't get too high
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:30 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

kuz generates his opportunities? From what I’ve seen his offense is created by Zo on PNR or Bron on dish and drives or Rondo when he penetrates. Well at least his good offense. Kuz when he tries to generate his own offense, he’s getting blocked, passing to the other team or fast breaks where he goes 1 on 3 and throws a brick.

Agreed. Kuzma can’t create for himself and that’s why it’s been the brandon Ingram show in halfcourt situations lately.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

CantStopJM wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Maybe you should read what I posted again boss..
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

CantStopJM wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Agreed. Kuzma can’t create for himself and that’s why it’s been the brandon Ingram show in halfcourt situations lately.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:34 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Do you have his efficiency on isos handy? He was around the 90th %ile on iso shots last season as a rookie - admittedly on a small sample size - and I wonder if that's continued or not.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:34 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

you said he generates all his opportunities. He doesn’t. That implies that somehow this offense is detrimental to Kuz when this offense is catered to him. He’s shooting 30% from wide open 3s playing alongside 3 of the best playmakers in the nba. Imagine how BAD kuz would look in an offense where he had to generate his opportunities. Put Kuz on the Suns without a PG and he’d look awful to be honest.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

i think it is more that our half court sets are worst in the league (maybe including G league too but dont take my word for it) so the best our staff can come up with is this. which forces us to take difficult shots and commit turnovers. i refuse to believe that this is the best way to run an offense with the players we have

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Do you have his efficiency on isos handy? He was around the 90th %ile on iso shots last season as a rookie - admittedly on a small sample size - and I wonder if that's continued or not.

No I don’t. Just watching him play I notice that he’s good at attacking when the defense is already scrambling. I have seen him take advantage of smaller guys in the paint and seen him hit some step backs but for the most part he’s just not good at it. It’s never been more obvious than since lebron has been out imo. If he was a good iso scorer he’s had plenty of opportunities to show it.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:37 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

you said he generates all his opportunities. He doesn’t. That implies that somehow this offense is detrimental to Kuz when this offense is catered to him. He’s shooting 30% from wide open 3s playing alongside 3 of the best playmakers in the nba. Imagine how BAD kuz would look in an offense where he had to generate his opportunities. Put Kuz on the Suns without a PG and he’d look awful to be honest.

Try again.. I didn't say he generates all of his opportunities.

In this game he didn't have the benefit of having looks generated for him by others, or an actual play. Which I attribute to his performance this particular game. What I'm saying shouldn't be that hard to understand.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:39 pm    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

i think it is more that our half court sets are worst in the league (maybe including G league too but dont take my word for it) so the best our staff can come up with is this. which forces us to take difficult shots and commit turnovers. i refuse to believe that this is the best way to run an offense with the players we have

I agree our offense sucks. That still doesn’t take away from the fact that Kuzma is a role player. Granted his role is to score but he does that based on someone else creating for him. Kind of like a 3&D player imo. His next level is defense a creating imo. If he can’t do that I can understand the Clarkson comparisons. Only difference is that Kuzma doesn’t pound the ball.

Kuzma can still be an all star role player don’t get me wrong. Similar to draymon green imo. Yes I think draymon is a role player
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:50 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

In this game he didn't have the benefit of having looks generated for him by others, or an actual play. Which I attribute to his performance this particular game. What I'm saying shouldn't be that hard to understand.
the first line you literally said he generates all his opportunities. Literally the first line.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:55 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

the first line you literally said he generates all his opportunities. Literally the first line.

Read it again.. slowly. Is that what I said?? Everyone else understood.

I'm simply saying the same thing everyone else has said.. He's a pretty good player when he doesn't have to create his own offense. In this game that's what he had to do.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:57 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Read it again.. slowly. Is that what I said?? Everyone else understood.

I'm simply saying the same thing everyone else has said.. He's a pretty good player when he doesn't have to create his own offense. In this game that's what he had to do.
so you were referring to this game? Because that wasn’t clear at all. It was a pretty broad statement with no clue that you were talking about this game.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Lol. Reading is fun d mental.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Devin, kuz's last game came where he had no ISOs and no postups.
Is that the type of game u mean where he's not generating all his shots?
I thought he's had a few of those type of games, especially when he's hitting his 3s
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Just seemed apparent if you read my entire post for context.

It's also pretty obvious that Kuz doesn't iso his way into good games.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:02 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Devin, kuz's last game came where he had no ISOs and no postups.
Is that the type of game u mean where he's not generating all his shots?
I thought he's had a few of those type of games, especially when he's hitting his 3s

Yep.. that's what I meant =).. I'm not saying he can't iso at all, but that's just not how he eats.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 457, 458, 459 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 458 of 880
Jump to: