View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Meet your new Arizona Cardinals head coach....sorry USC you gotta find a new offensive coordinator.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-kliff-kingsbury-become-head-coach-arizona-cardinals-200738798.html

I find this surprising....and mostly a risky move. I assumed Kingsbury was a candidate for NFL OC jobs....not head coaching positions. I am guessing odds are low this goes well.

4 years and probably a multimillion dollar contract plus the prestige of being a head coach of an NFL team. I think he'll be fine.

The dude was fired by Texas Tech with a losing record, and not only does he get another head coaching gig, he gets that gig in the NFL. Maybe it's true what they say: good-looking people have it easier in life.
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:00 am    Post subject:

I would love it, but it would probably be one of the worst rated superbowls ever, the Rams vs. Chargers.

At least if it did happen, then that would probably mean LA NFC (saints lose) and AFC (chiefs lose) championship games at home.

Bye.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:58 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Colts over Chiefs (Colts are a hot team right now, can't see Mahomes and Andy Reid coached team derailing them).
Chargers over Patriots (Chargers are road warriors, have the best coach in decades and are much deeper team than the Patriots)
Rams over Cowboys (Too many weapons against the Cowboys)
Saints over Eagles (Home field plus Drew Brees offense will overwhelm the Super Bowl champs)

Chargers send Brady into retirement. Brees gets one last superbowl run, ends the legend of big dick Nick, and exposes Goff as the mediocre QB he is. Colts emerge as a complete team with a beat down of the Chiefs and playoff novice Mahomes.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:40 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Arians returns to the sideline as the head man of the Bucs.

not upset with hire..but was personally interested in Kris Richard or even Eric Bieniemy.

I think it is a good transitional hire, but Arians is an offensive guy and the Bucs are an absolute mess on defense.

He will need Bowles to really step it up and fix that to have any success in a tough division.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject:

This weekend's games with the spreads

Indianapolis at Kansas City -5.5

Dallas at Los Angeles Rams -7

Los Angeles Chargers at New England -4

Philadelpha at New Orleans -8

My picks factoring in the spreads:

Indianapolis
LA Rams
LA Chargers
New Orleans
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject:

KC
Dallas
Chargers
NO

with spreads in mind
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Meet your new Arizona Cardinals head coach....sorry USC you gotta find a new offensive coordinator.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-kliff-kingsbury-become-head-coach-arizona-cardinals-200738798.html

I find this surprising....and mostly a risky move. I assumed Kingsbury was a candidate for NFL OC jobs....not head coaching positions. I am guessing odds are low this goes well.

4 years and probably a multimillion dollar contract plus the prestige of being a head coach of an NFL team. I think he'll be fine.

The dude was fired by Texas Tech with a losing record, and not only does he get another head coaching gig, he gets that gig in the NFL. Maybe it's true what they say: good-looking people have it easier in life.

this only appears to be getting worse.....

Cardinals OC Rumors: Arizona Interested in Texas State Head Coach Jake Spavital

Quote:
Texas State introduced Spavital as its next head coach in November after he was the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach for West Virginia in 2017 and 2018. He was also the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at California in 2016 and Texas A&M from 2013 through 2015 after serving as West Virginia's quarterbacks coach in 2011 and 2012.

LINK

one of my most happy days as a WVU fan was when this fool left....nothing like being in the 3rd Quarter, averaging 7 yards a carry....then throwing it 40 yards down the field on an important 3 & 1.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:10 pm    Post subject:

I haven’t seen the number but the under on the Ram-Cowboy game might be a solid bet.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject:

was reported this morning that Bowles may go to Chicago....but finally decided on Tampa Bay. Chicago never made sense to me if you are a guy trying to rebuild your resume and get another HC job. Chicago was like #2 in Defense...#1 in Rushing Defense and Scoring Defense.....much more likely to slip a few spots than it is to improve. At TB, get that defense in the Top 20, and you have did OK....plus Arians is probably not going to be around for too long.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:51 pm    Post subject:

I like the Kitchens hire for the Browns. Keep Mayfield comfortable. Priority #1.

As for the Jets...yeah, not so much. I'm not an Adam Gase guy at all. He's brutal with alienating players, and his teams were remarkably lucky to win as many games as they did. I think he's a terrible play-caller and I feel like the Jets should have went with Todd Monken.
Murdock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Ranking all the possible Super Bowl matchups....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-playoffs-2019-ranking-the-best-possible-super-bowl-liii-matchups-from-1-to-16/

Which SB story-lines would interest you?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Murdock wrote:

Chiefs vs. Saints/Rams....lets light up the scoreboard
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:48 pm    Post subject:

The Oakland A's expect Kyler Murray to enter the NFL Draft. Could've put this in the college thread, too. First tweet I saw was that a personnel guy expects him to be a top-50 pick. Then I saw another tweet where a scout says "he'll be a first round pick."

Guess he must really love football. Baseball is the much easier life.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject:

He probably sees himself succeeding in football more than baseball. If he's not that good in baseball he could be stuck in the minors for a long time and never move up into the majors.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:38 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
He probably sees himself succeeding in football more than baseball. If he's not that good in baseball he could be stuck in the minors for a long time and never move up into the majors.

From what I can gather, he signed a $5MM guaranteed deal as the 9th overall pick in the MLB Draft. I assume he has to give that back if he doesn't play baseball. If he's a high-first round pick in the NFL Draft, he'll definitely get more guaranteed money than $5MM. But if he's a late-first round pick, well...he'll still get more. Sony Michel, last year's #31 pick, got just over $8MM guaranteed in his deal. Perhaps a better comparison would be Lamar Jackson, since he's a QB, and he went 32nd last year. Jackson's contract guaranteed him just over $8MM as well.

If he's confident he'll be a first rounder, he'll definitely make more than $5MM guaranteed. Thing is, if he's a good baseball player, he's likely to have a much longer career, in a sport where the guaranteed money is so, so much better and easier to earn.

My guess is that he must really love football. And hey, if that's the case, nothing wrong with that.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject:

Murdock wrote:
Ranking all the possible Super Bowl matchups....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-playoffs-2019-ranking-the-best-possible-super-bowl-liii-matchups-from-1-to-16/

Saints against anyone
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject:

Rams vs Chiefs. Goff vs Mahomes. New guard. Another Monday night like game would be fantastic.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:21 pm    Post subject:

^ I'd love to see that or Rams vs. Chargers.

If the Rams don't make it, Saints vs. Patriots. It just doesn't feel like a Superbowl if I'm not rooting against the Pats.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Even though I'm a Chargers fan I think they'll lose to the Pats. I'm going with my heart on this one. The Pats in Foxboro in January just have a special aura. Kinda like the one we had during the Kobe-Phil era when we had another HOFer next to Kobe. The Chargers always seem to find a way to break your heart every year.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Tebow wins again.....

Tim Tebow Is Engaged to Former Miss Universe Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters

Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters Image

she is a pure smoke show....
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:38 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Tebow wins again.....

Tim Tebow Is Engaged to Former Miss Universe Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters

Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters Image

she is a pure smoke show....

She could set a new record if she retains all of her names and adds "Tebow" at the end.
Murdock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:01 pm    Post subject: The NFL is concerned about the Chargers possibly hosting the AFC title game in a 30,000-seat stadium

AFC Championship Game could be held in L.A. Coliseum, possibility of Sunday/Monday title games discussed
The NFL is concerned about the Chargers possibly hosting the AFC title game in a 30,000-seat stadium

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/afc-championship-game-could-be-held-in-l-a-coliseum-possibility-of-sundaymonday-title-games-discussed/

Interesting...
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:32 pm    Post subject:

It won't matter on TV but I'm guessing the NFL wants to make more money from selling AFC championship tickets. I think the Rose Bowl would be a better venue since they won't have to deal with the headache of hosting back to back games but I'm guessing logistically that is probably not possible, not to mention the Pasadena residents might not want another football game creating traffic headaches.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject:

Play of the season, Mahomes left handed pass or the no look pass? Have to go with the no look, I’ve never seen that before.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Looks like weather will be a playing a part in both games..Snow in the Colts vs Chiefs game and rain in the Cowboys and Rams game.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 81 of 106
Jump to: