53%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 26

audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
Those really thin pancakes aka Crepes

agreed... ive tried some really good and over the top pancakes,waffles and french toast loaded with all kinds of toppings but my absolute favorite have to be the 49er flapjacks at Original Pancake House. Just simply really well made crepe style pancakes with a little butter and syrup. Doesnt sound or look like anything special but they are amazing.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

agreed... ive tried some really good and over the top pancakes,waffles and french toast loaded with all kinds of toppings but my absolute favorite have to be the 49er flapjacks at Original Pancake House. Just simply really well made crepe style pancakes with a little butter and syrup. Doesnt sound or look like anything special but they are amazing.

I’ve been to the original original pancake house (in a developing theme, also in Portland), and if you’re not doing the Dutch Baby there, you’re missing out. The original location is so popular they kick you out when you stop eating.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
French Toast. But it’s not really a fair comparison. French Toast is layered in multiple flavors before it even gets a topping.

I’ve had French toast so good you didn’t want to put syrup on it.

My point exactly sir!

And when you get up here, we can road trip to PDX and I will treat you to some.

I'm in!
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

I’ve been to the original original pancake house (in a developing theme, also in Portland), and if you’re not doing the Dutch Baby there, you’re missing out. The original location is so popular they kick you out when you stop eating.

I tried the Dutch Baby once to see what the fuss was about. First few bites didnt really like it at all but it kinda grew on me as I ate it but still overall I cant see myself ordering that again over the 49er flapjacks.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:22 pm    Post subject:

I do home made Belgium Waffles. Secret, beat the whites to a fluff, fold into the batter add melted butter. Butter, strawberry's and whip cream if you don't have a cholesterol problem dab a bit of syrup.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject:

French Toast Bird Nests

https://www.mrbreakfast.com/superdisplay.asp?recipeid=3256
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:07 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
Fluffy home made Pancakes with peanut butter and maple syrup just like grandma used to make.

If you haven't tried peanut butter on your pancakes your missing something special.

Only way to eat fluffy pancakes.

If you like runny eggs, throw one on top to get sweet + salty + savory all in one delicious bite.

VicXLakers wrote:
French Toast Bird Nests

https://www.mrbreakfast.com/superdisplay.asp?recipeid=3256

Haven't tried either one. But shame on all of you for your frankenstein breakfast creations. They are ungodly.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

I tried the Dutch Baby once to see what the fuss was about. First few bites didnt really like it at all but it kinda grew on me as I ate it but still overall I cant see myself ordering that again over the 49er flapjacks.

Well, I guess there is always someone who will pass up a date with ScarJo to chase Sarah Sanders.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:31 am    Post subject:

Wrong thread

Last edited by kikanga on Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:45 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
AOC's interview on The Rachel Maddow Show:

I hope she seeks mentorship from Pelosi, Warren, and Harris.
The highlight for me was when she called Trump's border wall a campaign fantasy. And she's right. It wasn't a "campaign promise" it was a campaign fantasy. Supposedly paid for by Mexico.

If you look closely, she references to her notes alot. Call me crazy. But if you have a personally impactful message and pay your staff a livable wage. You'll out perform the average Congressperson who doesn't do that.
There were parts where Cortez wasn't talking about her district specifically. And during those parts, the notes from her staff made the interview a success.

I'm guessing you vote for waffle.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

My wife takes the powdered sugar they serve in a little cup, squeezes the lemons into the cup, stirs it all up, then pours the lemon sugar sauce onto the Dutch Baby...oh man it’s fantastic.

The Original Pancake House is fantastic. I haven’t been to the one in Portland, but I have been to several of them around the country. In Evanston, IL they have a split off called Walker Bros. Original Pancake House, same stuff with a few additional items. (The most memorable is they make a western omelette with their own homemade salsa which is excellent.). We went to an OPH in Florida that was disappointing. There are a couple in Orange County that are excellent.

If you haven’t tried their corned beef hash, it’s shockingly good...even for people who don’t like or have never tried corned beef hash. Their omelettes are oven baked and fluffy. Their apple Pancake is less like a Pancake and more like a cinnamon coated apple pie with a Pancake crust. They also tend to pride themselves on really premium bacon. Can you tell I’m a fan?

On topic, they have a coconut waffle which is decent, but you could get many places. They offer sourdough pancakes which take a little getting used to, but I ended up craving them unlike most pancakes, and their French toast is your typical French toast...I sometimes crave it over every other thing they make there, proof that your average French toast is better than the average pancake and waffle and can compete even with other things that are above average.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Another great breakfast item is the Danish traditional Aebelskiver served with lingonberries.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Yes please!

Pancakes, especially with strawberries or blueberries, probably #3 on the list. French toast, especially with good cinnamon bread, love it, but try to skip the carbs when I can. Waffles, probably the easiest to make at home, with least cleanup, is our #1 at home, but the least likely I would get out at a breakfast place.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: