LAKERS -at- T-WOLVES – 1-6-19 - Game Thread (12:30PM PT!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TDRock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 18438
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:15 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
TMG wrote:
TDRock wrote:
TMG wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
defense wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
In other news, Russell with 28 and 5.


Russell cant crack 30 minutes per game in his 4th year. Don't bring that guy up. He's as mediocre as ever


Mediocre is better than trash.


Russel is averaging 18/6 on 42% FG and 35 % 3pt FG along with 3to's

Nobody is losing sleep over D'angelo (bleep) Russel


No one is losing sleep but he still playing better than our young guys. That said I don’t know if he would be playing better if he were still here because we don’t seem to develop our young guys. We seem to run a few drills and then stick them out there and hope it works out. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Atinkson is a great coach in the making, he gets the most out of what he has , something luke has serious problems with. I seriously would have loved Atkinson on this team. I guarantee you it would have been a totally different look for the better.


The Coach also needs a good and stabile front office and organization to prosper.


AGREED!

That’s a large part of I mean the really the biggest part of why I’m not excited about this Riley/Spo rumor. I mean I don’t think the rumor is true but if it is true we just had a major turn over in our front office we don’t need another one we need to get some stability so we can start to grow. So if we could just get a new coach and a new coaching staff then that’s great but I see no reason nor any benefits why we need to flip over the front office again.


Magic's been on the job for two years. We've got enough of a sample size of his moves that we could conclude that he's not a good pobo. He's terrible at evaluating talents. Why would you want to stick with someone like that? Continuity is only important if it's good continuity.


I disagree I don’t think Magic/Rob have done anything overtly poorly. I think the biggest thing holding us back has been our coaching situation which they did not have anything to do with.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 29275
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Washington, DC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Why did the Wolves Fire Thibs immediately after a blowout victory?
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Tick
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Apr 2006
Posts: 14521
Location: Raleigh, NC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject:

The only thing this team is missing is the GOAT player who currently recovering from an injury. Missing Kuzma hurts us too. It's not coaching, or Front Office, it's the fact that we're missing arguably our two best players.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 18438
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Why did the Wolves Fire Thibs immediately after a blowout victory?


Because he’s crazy

Which is too bad because I really like Thibs but that team has been beyond unstable this has been waiting to happen...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
smoothazsilk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 823

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Tick wrote:
The only thing this team is missing is the GOAT player who currently recovering from an injury. Missing Kuzma hurts us too. It's not coaching, or Front Office, it's the fact that we're missing arguably our two best players.


If the right system were in place we should be able to compete with no matter who is on the floor IMO
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 18438
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Tick wrote:
The only thing this team is missing is the GOAT player who currently recovering from an injury. Missing Kuzma hurts us too. It's not coaching, or Front Office, it's the fact that we're missing arguably our two best players.


I’d really like a new coaching staff. I don’t care about keeping or not keeping Luke one way or the other but I really really really would like a new coaching staff. And that has nothing to do with this game I’ve been saying that for the past 2-3 years since Luke has been the head coach.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 29275
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Washington, DC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Why did the Wolves Fire Thibs immediately after a blowout victory?


Because he’s crazy

Which is too bad because I really like Thibs but that team has been beyond unstable this has been waiting to happen...


I say we immediately hire him as Associate Head Coach.
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 Apr 2016
Posts: 924

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Wow, I wonder what happened with Thibs? That's strange to fire a coach after a blowout win.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
daytripper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 19 May 2005
Posts: 902

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Why did the Wolves Fire Thibs immediately after a blowout victory?


Better act quick Maginka and Jeannie! If Minny fired Thibs after that game then it certainly was a fireable offense for Luke too..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Tick
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Apr 2006
Posts: 14521
Location: Raleigh, NC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject:

smoothazsilk wrote:
Tick wrote:
The only thing this team is missing is the GOAT player who currently recovering from an injury. Missing Kuzma hurts us too. It's not coaching, or Front Office, it's the fact that we're missing arguably our two best players.


If the right system were in place we should be able to compete with no matter who is on the floor IMO


You need talent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 18438
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:28 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
TDRock wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Why did the Wolves Fire Thibs immediately after a blowout victory?


Because he’s crazy

Which is too bad because I really like Thibs but that team has been beyond unstable this has been waiting to happen...


I say we immediately hire him as Associate Head Coach.


I think he could be quite good in that role. I think being the president of an organization probably was not his forte. And if he is an associate working with someone else they could keep him from playing the starters 12,000 minutes a game LOL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Apr 2017
Posts: 3371

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:53 pm    Post subject:

At least we ain’t the Bears.
_________________
🥛 🍪
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 32466

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject:

How do you win and get fired? Thats a first...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
smoothazsilk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 823

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Tick wrote:
smoothazsilk wrote:
Tick wrote:
The only thing this team is missing is the GOAT player who currently recovering from an injury. Missing Kuzma hurts us too. It's not coaching, or Front Office, it's the fact that we're missing arguably our two best players.


If the right system were in place we should be able to compete with no matter who is on the floor IMO


You need talent.


Talent is there. coaching is suspect
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 7019
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:12 pm    Post subject:

daytripper wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Why did the Wolves Fire Thibs immediately after a blowout victory?


Better act quick Maginka and Jeannie! If Minny fired Thibs after that game then it certainly was a fireable offense for Luke too..


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersDC
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Feb 2009
Posts: 1492

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject:

I missed the game today and I'm so happy I did because my whole mood would have been ruined watching this game. This team is so horrible and w/o promise that I feel like a Knicks fan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Aug 2005
Posts: 1010

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Cochese wrote:
Wow, I wonder what happened with Thibs? That's strange to fire a coach after a blowout win.

They were probably wondering the same thing everyone else was. In a 20+ point blowout why is KAT still on the floor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 16757

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:24 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Why did the Wolves Fire Thibs immediately after a blowout victory?


They read my posts calling him a dumbass. Dude is playing Towns late in a blowout. He never learns. He thinks every minute of the game is Game 7 of the NBA Finals.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 02 Jul 2018
Posts: 274

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:03 am    Post subject:

Just another lackluster performance from everyone, at this point if they don't care...I don't either.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 18021

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:37 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
How do you win and get fired? Thats a first...


Someone had to be held responsible for the Lakers' play.
_________________
GOAT MAGIC REEL
SEDALE TRIBUTE
EDDIE DONX!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 35544

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:19 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
How do you win and get fired? Thats a first...


Someone had to be held responsible for the Lakers' play.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Dec 2011
Posts: 23234

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:47 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
How do you win and get fired? Thats a first...


Someone had to be held responsible for the Lakers' play.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37
Page 37 of 37
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB