*** Los Angeles Lakers vs New York Knicks (01/04/19 ) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaKing23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:47 pm    Post subject:

If by some miracle Lebron manages to get this bunch of soft sissy boys to the finals and win....I better not hear anyone say he’s not the GOAT.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:48 pm    Post subject:

DaKing23 wrote:
If by some miracle Lebron manages to get this bunch of soft sissy boys to the finals and win....I better not hear anyone say he’s not the GOAT.

wake up rook...the game is over...we lost
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:52 pm    Post subject:

DaKing23 wrote:

He's already the undisputed GOAT but that doesn't mean he could will this Lakers team to a championship. I mean we're as bad as the Cavs and Lebron took the Cavs to the finals last year.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:54 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
We could offer up our entire team minus Lebron for AD and the Pelicans would still be hesistant. The AD dream is dead unless our young core start playing better to increase their values but it seems that's really hard to do with Luke at the helm. Something has to change.

If I had to guess, the photo of Pelinka, Lebron and Magic not looking happy was not so much the loss to OKC, but more about how the young core has been playing outside of the first 3 games, 2 of them being against a subpar Sac defense.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:56 pm    Post subject:

DaKing23 wrote:

Finals? If he misses too many more games, no playoffs for the Lakers this season tbh.
SuperNutZ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:31 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if Lavar told Lonzo to tank on purpose, there's just no way someone who plays like this was the 2nd pick overall
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:32 pm    Post subject:

It's one thing to lose to a team with single digit wins, its another thing to continue to trust the ball in Zo's hands for any extended amount of time.

No way should it even get to a 5 second call from a out of time out play, and to make matters worse, what has basketball 101 taught us all? Never pass while jumping. This dude just continues to turn the ball over, over and over.

It's isn't just Ball but he was easy to pick on from this game. I do wish, at some point, to make his point clear Walton just pulls the entire starting unit at 1 time and sub in all bench guys. Because they are the ones hustling, it might not be productive but at least they are giving the outside appearance of trying. I would rather try and fall short than to not care and fall short.

Outside of Kuzma and Hart, and maybe McGee once he is fully in shape, no one of this current starting lineup should feel secure in their position right now.
BROW GOAT 23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:35 pm    Post subject:

SuperNutZ wrote:
I wonder if Lavar told Lonzo to tank on purpose, there's just no way someone who plays like this was the 2nd pick overall

I remember Magic in Lonzo’s Introduction say to Lonzo: “Don’t break all of my records leave me some”

Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Just too many injuries... Young guys have the opportunity to show out without Lebron. But crapping the bed.
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:23 am    Post subject:

Bench the children till they do their chores!

McGee/Beasley/Stephenson/KCP/aww damn no Rondo.

Zo & Ingram need to keep their asses in the gym
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:23 am    Post subject:

AJ wrote:

It's isn't just Ball but he was easy to pick on from this game. I do wish, at some point, to make his point clear Walton just pulls the entire starting unit at 1 time and sub in all bench guys. Because they are the ones hustling, it might not be productive but at least they are giving the outside appearance of trying. I would rather try and fall short than to not care and fall short.

Thank you, AJ. I was telling a fellow fan/friend that earlier. Pull the damn starting unit no matter how old and staid that move is. It means that they obviously haven't prepared themselves to do what they're paid exorbitantly to do. It says so much about this group's feelings of general ease, too. "There was no sense of urgency," as James F. Worthy finally said. "They've had too many games like this not to learn from their mistakes." Not a good look for the yutes, Earvin and Rob.......not a good look. And whose laid back attitude could they be patterning themselves after? Hmm...

Some of these kids might need to wind up in our General Hoops forum. They need a jolt to the system when they get blown out from the opening tap (not a terribly rare occurrence from this lot, remember 40-10 start vs Raps). I don't know how Luke isn't sick to his stomach from seeing one of those for the Nth time. Maybe that's the problem, huh? He's got unlimited effin patience with their problems and thinks (and SAYS publicly, frankly) that they need to learn from their mistakes. These young idiots will never do that. They're young! They need to be told what to do. Jesus, even Del Harris won COY with a young squad and got in Nick's sh for having a bad tude, which Nickey Maxwell Van E had obviously never experienced before. This coaching staff from outward appearance allows the players to fiddle with their winkies. Ultimate freedom. These aren't gifted children. They don't deserve an open curriculum of their own choice. Ingram and Zo are Beavis and Butt-Head.

Another obviously lousy optics issue this org has: Shooting coach. You have to wonder what's wrong with the coach's mentality that he thinks this squad doesn't need one. I'd love to hear Luke's rationale on that one.

Read that, Magic and Rob, my close friends who I chill with alla time. (True)
Swagron
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject:

SuperNutZ wrote:

That’s my thought. I don’t see how the 2nd pick in the draft could be THIS bad
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject:

I don't pay a lot of attention to the +/- numbers, but the numbers from yesterdays Knicks game were interesting:

1) Every Lakers Starter had Minus points (meaning they were outscored while on the floor.

2) Zo led the Lakers with Minus points at -17

3) Every Laker Bench player had Positive points!

4) 8 out of the 9 Knicks players who logged in more than 2 minutes of playing time had Positive points!

Box Score Link:
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/boxscore/NBA_20190104_NY@LAL/
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject:

Games like this is why most of the roster will be up for trade talks....I know we have injured players, but losing to a sorry team like the Knicks (who also have injury woes to their star player) at home is no excuse.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject:

I really thought we would win, there is no way that the Knicks wanted that game. Fizdale even put in guys in the 4th who hadn’t played in 5 games.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I really thought we would win, there is no way that the Knicks wanted that game. Fizdale even put in guys in the 4th who hadn’t played in 5 games.

I'm not going to be negative about this team on the forums, but I'm still seriously disappointed by that loss. We needed that win and for them to come out in the first quarter and be down ... 22-5 was it? Just terrible effort.
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Knicks are so bad this season.....

By 2020, the team could be potentially all changed (besides Robinson/Knox)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42
Page 42 of 42
Jump to: