Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Stop blaming Luke or our defense. Both of our big men are out. Of course the defense is going to suffer. We had a legit chance to win at the end if it weren't for Lonzo throwing up bricks. Maybe it was Luke's mistake to use Lonzo in the 4th at all.

We had a chance to win if Lebron would actually try and score. We might as well had him on the bench for Rondo.

After he made the 40 footer, next possession Grizz hard doubled him leaving Lonzo wide open. What do you expect Lebron to do? Shoot a contested 40 footer over 2 defenders? Lebron can only do so much to help this team. I would be pissed and demoralized too if I had to carry my team to a win every night.

It's good for Lebron to take a step back and see what the other guys can bring.

Oh because no superstars have ever carried a team to victory while being doubled....

It's not the percentage play, ESPECIALLY in Luke's system which emphasizes passing

Disagree, it is the percentage play. Rarely if ever are bad shooters going to shoot you to victory.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

kobeandgary wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I’m officially on the Luke anti bandwagon dude is responsible for giving this team a bunch of stupid loses this year.

shouldn't it be the anti Luke bandwagon?

Gadget, Luke needs surgery brain along with Phil.

Lonzo needs surgery brain to fix his disaster 3 pt shooting.

Or maybe our superstar shouldn't keep feeding him out there and pressuring him to shoot?

That is exactly why we should be upset, our guys are rewarding him and he keeps bricking them.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

kobeandgary wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
kobe8One wrote:
We are playing 4 against 5 will Ball in the game. Ball needs to have the ball in his hand even he is not Kyrie. For him to catch and shoot, we are doomed.

Well that's the Lebron effect. If you aren't a catch and shoot player, your weaknesses are magnified.

Luke putting his players in a position to fail. We saw it coming. When zo is ice cold dont leave him in to catch and shoot.

Lebron is putting him the position to fail, let Zo handle the ball if you aren't going to shoot it.

Kuz did as well. Is Kuzma putting Lonzo in a position to fail? Is everyone? Zo against the world, is that it?
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
Back to Back losses coming up

Boooooo this man

Hey if Javale can recover from his flu and is back for the Christmas game I’m gonna say we got a chance.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I like JJJ but he exploited a team without their two best defensive centers.

Zu did decently... and I liked how he's learning how to stay in the game without getting into foul trouble... but Tyson and JaVale would have cut his numbers in half.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
kobe8One wrote:
We are playing 4 against 5 will Ball in the game. Ball needs to have the ball in his hand even he is not Kyrie. For him to catch and shoot, we are doomed.

Well that's the Lebron effect. If you aren't a catch and shoot player, your weaknesses are magnified.

Luke putting his players in a position to fail. We saw it coming. When zo is ice cold dont leave him in to catch and shoot.

Lebron is putting him the position to fail, let Zo handle the ball if you aren't going to shoot it.

Kuz did as well. Is Kuzma putting Lonzo in a position to fail? Is everyone? Zo against the world, is that it?

He's not a shooter, would you keep kicking it to Ben Wallace in the corner?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

KingKobe20 wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:

Boooooo this man

Hey if Javale can recover from his flu and is back for the Christmas game I’m gonna say we got a chance.
AGREED!
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

kobeandgary wrote:
drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Stop blaming Luke or our defense. Both of our big men are out. Of course the defense is going to suffer. We had a legit chance to win at the end if it weren't for Lonzo throwing up bricks. Maybe it was Luke's mistake to use Lonzo in the 4th at all.

We had a chance to win if Lebron would actually try and score. We might as well had him on the bench for Rondo.

After he made the 40 footer, next possession Grizz hard doubled him leaving Lonzo wide open. What do you expect Lebron to do? Shoot a contested 40 footer over 2 defenders? Lebron can only do so much to help this team. I would be pissed and demoralized too if I had to carry my team to a win every night.

Oh because no superstars have ever carried a team to victory while being doubled....

It's not the percentage play, ESPECIALLY in Luke's system which emphasizes passing

Disagree, it is the percentage play. Rarely if ever are bad shooters going to shoot you to victory.

A shot over a double team is never the percentage play according to anyone. You pass it to an open man, especially in a system modeled off GSW
gladofwar_xiii
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo and Kuz are too nervous because of trade talks i guess.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

kobeandgary wrote:
drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
kobe8One wrote:

Then he drives, and yet he never drove ONCE today. Not one time.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

A shot over a double team is never the percentage play according to anyone. You pass it to an open man, especially in a system modeled off GSW

Why does it have to be a jumper? Pass it out and get it back, split it etc...
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
kobe8One wrote:

News flash, he's bad offensively.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

OCWA wrote:
drae wrote:
OCWA wrote:
I'm glad Zo took those open shots and he needs to continue taking them. What makes me mad is that he has abandoned his aggressive drives.

Passive Zo is useless Zo. He needs to be benched when that happens so that it doesn't positively reward him for playing like that

I wonder what psychological tricks Phil Jackson would have tried with Zo.

Phil's trick with all the young guys would have probably been to make them disappear....Phil was not big on playing young guys
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:04 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

You mean like passing to an open man, who then drives and passes it to someone else? Interesting, maybe ask Lonzo why he didn't?
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

Zo's body language looked bad. After he missed a shot at one point he hung his head for several seconds. I won't say he's a bust, but I can't believe some on this board still think he'll be a star some day. Coach needs to take him out if he continues to be a liability on offense.

Lebron was too cool and passive tonight. This is why, even though he's a phenomenal player and talent, he's overrated in the grand scheme of things. He doesn't have the killer instinct that most other all-time greats have.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

OCWA wrote:
drae wrote:
OCWA wrote:
I'm glad Zo took those open shots and he needs to continue taking them. What makes me mad is that he has abandoned his aggressive drives.

Passive Zo is useless Zo. He needs to be benched when that happens so that it doesn't positively reward him for playing like that

I wonder what psychological tricks Phil Jackson would have tried with Zo.

Convince him the hoop is a moving target?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

Ingram & Zo need to work on their FG & FT shooting.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Based on how he was coasting tonight, expect Lebron to have one of his 50 point games against GSW. Maybe playoff Lebron preview.

We will see whoelse can hang and who steps up.

Last edited by LakerSD on Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

LakerLand247 wrote:

Bye Luke
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

kobeandgary wrote:
drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
kobe8One wrote:

Can't shoot, can't drive, can't control the offense, exactly what qualities make him a starting point guard?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

I mean...isn't this really just fill in the blank with Lakers roster player
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

You mean like passing to an open man, who then drives and passes it to someone else? Interesting, maybe ask Lonzo why he didn't?

Nope I mean like waving a player to you, passing it to him and aggressively going to get it back and go to the hoop.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
kobe8One wrote:

Can't shoot, can't drive, can't control the offense, exactly what qualities make him a starting point guard?

Really none, he's a pretty good rebounder, passer and defender. Nothing special at all.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

kobeandgary wrote:
drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Nope I mean like waving a player to you, passing it to him and aggressively going to get it back and go to the hoop.

If you actually watched the game, you would have noticed a number of times Lebron waved and no one came over. I counted at least 4
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

adkindo wrote:
pio2u wrote:

I mean...isn't this really just fill in the blank with Lakers roster player

Even the offensively anemic Grizzlies have players that can shoot.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 29 of 31
Jump to: