Unpopular / Un-PC opinions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Chipotle is better than real mexican food(except for the seafood dishes)

A truly unpopular opinion. Bravo.

Chipotle doesn't qualify as fine dining, or authentic Mexican, or guilty pleasure decadence. It floats in a flavorless ether. The most I can say about it is that it is, in a technical sense, food. Its popularity confuses me every single day.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:

I was just wondering when satan would make an appearance. damn, son
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject:

They're a "Mexican " food place whose only hot sauce us Tabasco. That should inform you of just how inauthentic they are.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Chipotle is "Mexican" food in name only. I mean the commissary at the studio I work at serves breakfast burritos, but that doesn't mean it is a Mexican restaurant.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
America and more specifically,white americans, no matter thier political affiliation are actually pretty ok with racism. When confronted with this they will no doubt twist themselves up in all sorts of pretzels to tell you otherwise.
However, thier ignorance (sometimes gleeful) and apathy towards becoming more knowledgeable gives away thier true feelings.

I think that's the PC opinion. The un-PC opinion is that it's not just white people.

Dude get out of my brain, I was going to write that, wtf.

As a honk, I'll posit that some majority of whites (especially men) act like Dawg's position is the un-PC one. They cry and whine and stomp their feet when they see/hear some person of color making some assessment of the level of racism inherent in larger white America. They act that way even when the POC says it's residual or subconscious racism and not as blatantly overt as it was in the 60s South.

White folk have more than their fair share of racist or bigoted attitudes, trust. Their unwillingness to concede or even accept that the other side's POV has merit blocks dialogue and not just understanding, but empathy and feelings of shared community. Too often, they take the claim as an accusation, and even a personal one in many cases. They try the standard tricks to prove they're not the LEAST bit racist (hence the "I have black friends!" meme which African-Americans find especially amusing) and they seem to think that even admitting that there are a lot of racist/bigoted/xenophobic/stereotypical views shared by many whites implies that POCs are saying that whites are completely beyond salvage.

Terms like "identity politics" deny that whites and African-Americans are part of a shared national/historical CULTURE. AAs have their own racial identity and culture as well, which is a hard thing for some whites to get thru their domes, especially during Black History Month. They also act like POCs wouldn't also admit that a lot of POCs are bigoted/xenophobic/racist too (the colloquial, non-academia definition of the r-word; i.e. not "institutional racism"). I think such admissions would be easier if both whites and AAs and other POCs were freer in fessing up to their attitudes, but I ain't holdin my breath. It's hard enough getting people to admit that they MIGHT be wrong in any way. Frank discussions of race where both sides are willing to forgive and be empathetic to each other are tough. The subject makes people highly defensive. I gotta say that this seems especially true of other whites. I see it in my own race. Given what's goin on in Amurica lately, it's not really that difficult to notice. You would THINK. However, a lot of white America couldn't handle Obama while we got this circus clown in there who the same people love.

This reminds me of Dave Chapelle’s bit about how people should just be more honest with each other about race: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_4WoAnty748

(Caution, not for the easily offended, but what are you doing in this thread then.)
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:10 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Of all the "classics", I think Godfather 1 is overrated. Mostly because I find it boring.

I feel like you just stabbed me in the heart.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject:

I knew that was going to ruffle some feathers. I hear it all the time from friends and coworkers. I dont know Mexican food is just too greasy and heavy for me.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
nickuku wrote:

Chipotle doesn't qualify as fine dining, or authentic Mexican, or guilty pleasure decadence. It floats in a flavorless ether. The most I can say about it is that it is, in a technical sense, food. Its popularity confuses me every single day.

Taco Bell?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ocho wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
nickuku wrote:

Taco Bell?

I respect Taco Bell. They make Mexican-adjacent stoner food unapologetically and proudly. Theres nothing nuanced about it, but there's more flavor and pleasure in a Crunch Wrap Supreme than any of the beige offerings at Chipotle.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject:

"Mexican-adjacent stoner food"

that is just too perfect
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject:

Other than having big portions at Chipotle, if you live in the Southwest theres probably no reason for anybody craving Mexican food to go there.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject:

People who don't have a wide variety of food interests are unbearable and likely simple minded
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Tex Mex is a horrible food genre

People are incapable of doing math
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Other than having big portions at Chipotle, if you live in the Southwest theres probably no reason for anybody craving Mexican food to go there.

How about craving panda express living in LA
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:08 am    Post subject:

As a casual Star Wars fan I never understood the zealous appeal of Empire Strikes Back and thought it was the weakest in the original trilogy
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:24 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
nickuku wrote:

I had Shi-tpotle yesterday outta convenience. There was a pocket of guacamole at the end fold that served as the only discernible flavor among the rest of the "mix". I'm not even kidding. "If you're hungry enough...". That should be their motto, but leave "...you'll eat anything." to the patron's imagination. It hasn't worked its magic on my digestive system yet. I've eaten both before and after that, too, without production. Hm. Starting to wonder a bit. Reminded of Hal Holbrook in Creepshow addressing the crate beast: "I mean, How much could it EAT?!..."
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
As a casual Star Wars fan I never understood the zealous appeal of Empire Strikes Back and thought it was the weakest in the original trilogy

Star Wars as a whole never moved me.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Star Wars as a whole never moved me.

Same. I like some parts. Saw Jedi at the movies when I was young. That was a zoo in that theater. My mother no doubt had a migraine after that experience. I liked it then, but I still like some of the parts of that: Sarlacc Pit, Jabba, Rancor, etc. Boba Fett was cool, though he got eaten by the Sarlacc until he didn't get eaten by the Sarlacc. I also saw the one in 99 was it. The first one with that JarJar sh. Nah. The rest of the series can go screw afaic. It's like any post original Freddy Kruger or Jason Voorhees or any post original Rocky Balboa. I don't equate the reboots with the originals. The Predator by Shane Black sucked as has everything since the first and maybe the second installments. Shane got disemboweled again.

Last edited by non-player zealot on Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
ocho wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
nickuku wrote:

I had Shi-tpotle yesterday outta convenience. There was a pocket of guacamole at the end fold that served as the only discernible flavor among the rest of the "mix". I'm not even kidding. "If you're hungry enough...". That should be their motto, but leave "...you'll eat anything." to the patron's imagination. It hasn't worked its magic on my digestive system yet. I've eaten both before and after that, too, without production. Hm. Starting to wonder a bit. Reminded of Hal Holbrook in Creepshow addressing the crate beast: "I mean, How much could it EAT?!..."

Prayers up for your colon. 🙏
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
ocho wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
nickuku wrote:

I made it. No birds jumping around on the food this time.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
ocho wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
ocho wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
nickuku wrote:

I made it. No birds jumping around on the food this time.

It's a Christmas miracle!!
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Stu Lantz is rubbish. Absolute garbage. I can't stand him.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject:

There hasn't been any enjoyable Batman Movies since Michael Keaton left the series. Pretty much any superhero movie past three films is no longer art, just an excuse to pay $12 to see movie and waste 3 hours of your life.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:25 pm    Post subject:

The colon-centric epoch is upon us
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:
Stu Lantz is rubbish. Absolute garbage. I can't stand him.

My first opinion of him echoes yours. He doesn't add any positives to the broadcast. He lacks insight and enthusiasm and his Stu-isms make me cringe. The Lakers' commitment to him is puzzling. I'd rather watch a Spanish broadcast of Lakers games and I don't even speak Spanish
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 8 of 15
Jump to: