Penny Marshall passed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject: Penny Marshall passed

PENNY MARSHALL DEAD AT 75

RIP link

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject:

RIP. Big and League of Their Own elevated her to top directing talent.
Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject:

RIP. Was she previously a Lakers fan who switched to the Clippers at some point?
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject:

RIP.

I'll always remember her as Laverne DeFazio.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject:

R.I.P. Penny. I enjoyed your work as an actress and a director.

One of her last works was as director for a documentary about Dennis Rodman that's due out next year.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject:

What ever happened to Lenny & Squiggy?
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:

Michael McKean (Lenny) was a main character in AMC's "Better Call Saul" until they killed him off last season.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:

Laverne And Shirley Cast – Where Are They Now? (About a year ago)

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

Michael McKean (Lenny) was a main character in AMC's "Better Call Saul" until they killed him off last season.

Holy eff. I had no idea that Chuck was Lenny.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

+1

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Big was on of my favorite movies. RIP.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

Really? Yeah, and he was also David St. Hubbins in "Spinal Tap"
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject:

she made some of the top 100 movies of all time

RIP
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:46 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

Generally speaking, I'm a fan of "Characters", but wouldn't usually describe myself as necessarily a fan of the actors behind the characters. I usually don't spend much time learning anything about the actors behind characters unless I've seen them in a few different things and have found that I tend to like the characters they play. Basically I'm like: "This guy was in another movie I liked, let's find out who he is and if he's been in something else I liked and didn't realise it?" Then in investigating, I might notice some other work of theirs that might look interesting and go watch that as well.

Lenny being a character from my childhood, and prior to the internet, it's not surprising to me I didn't have a clue who the actor was, nor ever found a reason to investigate him furthur. I know a lot of people are really interested in the personal details of the artists behind the characters they enjoy, but I've just never really been that way.

I'm pretty much the same way with musicians as well. I'll hear a few different songs over time, then it'll strike me at some point that the singers sound somewhat alike, and then I'll go find out who the singers are and be surprised that the reason they sound similar is because they are indeed the same person.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

Generally speaking, I'm a fan of "Characters", but wouldn't usually describe myself as necessarily a fan of the actors behind the characters. I usually don't spend much time learning anything about the actors behind characters unless I've seen them in a few different things and have found that I tend to like the characters they play. Basically I'm like: "This guy was in another movie I liked, let's find out who he is and if he's been in something else I liked and didn't realise it?" Then in investigating, I might notice some other work of theirs that might look interesting and go watch that as well.

Lenny being a character from my childhood, and prior to the internet, it's not surprising to me I didn't have a clue who the actor was, nor ever found a reason to investigate him furthur. I know a lot of people are really interested in the personal details of the artists behind the characters they enjoy, but I've just never really been that way.

I'm pretty much the same way with musicians as well. I'll hear a few different songs over time, then it'll strike me at some point that the singers sound somewhat alike, and then I'll go find out who the singers are and be surprised that the reason they sound similar is because they are indeed the same person.

I didn't mean anything by my surprise. I just thought everyone who knew L&S was aware Lenny went on to "bigger things".
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

I didn't mean anything by my surprise. I just thought everyone who knew L&S was aware Lenny went on to "bigger things".

I know you didn't mean anything. It's just one of those areas of life that's created some comical moments for me over the years. I've 3 buddies that are "famous" musicians and I had no clue they were famous when I first started hanging out with each of them. Now that group gets a kick out of punking me by inviting other "famous" people along when we hang out because they're pretty certain I won't have a clue who they are. I'm usually the one taking the piss out of friends, so when they stumbled upon an area where they can take the piss out of me - they've taken full advantage of my blind spot.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: