Stephen Curry Says He Doesn't Believe Man Landed on the Moon
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject:

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/12/15/kings-troll-stephen-curry-with-moon-landing-video-during-player-introductions/

Quote:
Kings troll Stephen Curry with moon landing video during player introductions

Well played Sacramento.

Golden State came to town Friday night and during player introductions the Kings ran a video on their jumbotron of the moon landing to troll Stephen Curry.

Curry this past week said on a podcast that he didn’t think we landed on the moon, later saying it was obviously a joke but he would take NASA up on their offer of a tour of their lunar labs.

Curry can laugh at himself and gave the Kings and “A for effort” with the video.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:33 am    Post subject:

honestly it wouldn't surprise me if they planned this in advance of the podcast so that the podcast and the ringer would get more attention, views, etc
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
So the mirrors on the moon are naturally occurring?

or the photos of the lunar rover, tracks of the lunar rover on the moon, lunar module descent stages on the moon etc taken by the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO).

Yeah, but how do you really know? Leo sank with the Titanic, the First Man just went to the motion pictures in 2018. Tom Hanks was on Apollo 13. Unless, you're a first person participant, how do you know what you're presented with are productions vs real, whatever real is.

I can show my children Apollo 13 and tell them it's the real footage, and they'll believe it because they don't know any better. Do we really know any better when Nasa shows us "proof?"

well I did talk to the second man who walked on the moon - Buzz Aldrin

Again, unless you were there, how do you really know? What if Buzz is part JFK's "Make America Great Again" conspiracy? You know the one that says we need to get to the moon before Russia, and by the end of the decade. Lo and behold they did it! Now, he has to carry on his whole life retelling the movie they shot as if it's real. And if you told me you where there, how do I know you're telling the truth unless I was there with you? The only thing you can prove real are your own experiences.

I'm playing devil's advocate, but I do think it's a bit strange with all the advancements we haven't gone back there. No plans to build stations, jails, etc. LOL! I would love to send all criminals to the moon.

also NASA somehow lost so much of the blueprints and planning data that we couldnt just rebuild some replica rockets and landers and such even if someone handed NASA a blank check. We'd basically have to start from ground zero and rebuild up a moon landing space program.
I do believe we went to the moon but NASA did a poor job of not leaving low hanging fruit for all the tin foil hat trolls to chomp on.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
So the mirrors on the moon are naturally occurring?

or the photos of the lunar rover, tracks of the lunar rover on the moon, lunar module descent stages on the moon etc taken by the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO).

Yeah, but how do you really know? Leo sank with the Titanic, the First Man just went to the motion pictures in 2018. Tom Hanks was on Apollo 13. Unless, you're a first person participant, how do you know what you're presented with are productions vs real, whatever real is.

I can show my children Apollo 13 and tell them it's the real footage, and they'll believe it because they don't know any better. Do we really know any better when Nasa shows us "proof?"

well I did talk to the second man who walked on the moon - Buzz Aldrin

Again, unless you were there, how do you really know? What if Buzz is part JFK's "Make America Great Again" conspiracy? You know the one that says we need to get to the moon before Russia, and by the end of the decade. Lo and behold they did it! Now, he has to carry on his whole life retelling the movie they shot as if it's real. And if you told me you where there, how do I know you're telling the truth unless I was there with you? The only thing you can prove real are your own experiences.

I'm playing devil's advocate, but I do think it's a bit strange with all the advancements we haven't gone back there. No plans to build stations, jails, etc. LOL! I would love to send all criminals to the moon.

also NASA somehow lost so much of the blueprints and planning data that we couldnt just rebuild some replica rockets and landers and such even if someone handed NASA a blank check. We'd basically have to start from ground zero and rebuild up a moon landing space program.
I do believe we went to the moon but NASA did a poor job of not leaving low hanging fruit for all the tin foil hat trolls to chomp on.

I'm not big on conspiracy theories at all but if there was one that was fake the Apollo missions are a top candidate for sure.. I mean it has such a massive amount of "questionable" pieces around it. You talked about them losing all that info, they also "lost" all the 0's and 1's of the actual flight information lol.. The moon rock Neil and Buzz gave Holland was later tested and found to be nothing but petrified wood. Then you watch the news conference with them all after coming back and they all look super depressed and lethargic giving calculated answers. I could go on and on for days.. There's mostly things you can absolutely refute to most questions asked but at a certain point you take a step back and realize there is A LOTTTTT of smoke around it and no absolute certainty it's real. I obviously have no idea for sure either way but it is pretty crazy no living object has been further then I believe 400 or so miles from earth since those missions (which is about 250,000 thousand miles to the moon) with all the monumental scientific and technological advances we have made in nearly 50 years since.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject:

From earth, you can shoot a laser on to the moon and the signal will reflect back to earth after reflecting off reflective devices placed on the moon. These reflectors do not occur naturally. There is not other way for those instruments to be there. We landed on the moon.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: