The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1520, 1521, 1522 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
Randle will get paid this summer. I can see Nets offering him a big deal and let RHJ leave. Aaron Mintz might want that as well if DLo re-signs with the nets.

DLO
LeVert
Joe Harris
Randle
Allen

You have a front court like Pistons with two guards capable of averaging 20 PPG and a terrific 3P shooter in Harris.

Nets capitalizing on our losses.

Not big losses. I do my fair share of moping around here about the guys we lost, but lets have some perspective. Lebron, Kyle Kuzma (Or, Josh Hart depending on how you view the trade), Rajon Rondo are here and JC, Russell, Randle and Nance are gone. But we are 6 games above .500, something we couldn't even sniff with the previous rosters. And we have cap space again this summer.

The irony in the way we fans feel, myself including, is that if the players that we're moping about turn out to be studs, how do you afford to keep them anyway? What are the chances that what happened in Golden State would happen to LA too? Where guys gradually improve, sign under-max deals, then overplay their value? Probably the same chance as winning the power ball.

We're in a good place.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject:

KCP asking out... This is incredible. That 12 mill could have gone to Julius. What a (bleep) waste of cap space.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
KCP asking out... This is incredible. That 12 mill could have gone to Julius. What a (bleep) waste of cap space.

price of getting LBJ.

It wasn't the 1 year commitment that was the issue; Jules rightfully wanted something longer term.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject:

tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
Randle will get paid this summer. I can see Nets offering him a big deal and let RHJ leave. Aaron Mintz might want that as well if DLo re-signs with the nets.

DLO
LeVert
Joe Harris
Randle
Allen

You have a front court like Pistons with two guards capable of averaging 20 PPG and a terrific 3P shooter in Harris.

Nets capitalizing on our losses.

Not big losses. I do my fair share of moping around here about the guys we lost, but lets have some perspective. Lebron, Kyle Kuzma (Or, Josh Hart depending on how you view the trade), Rajon Rondo are here and JC, Russell, Randle and Nance are gone. But we are 6 games above .500, something we couldn't even sniff with the previous rosters. And we have cap space again this summer.

The irony in the way we fans feel, myself including, is that if the players that we're moping about turn out to be studs, how do you afford to keep them anyway? What are the chances that what happened in Golden State would happen to LA too? Where guys gradually improve, sign under-max deals, then overplay their value? Probably the same chance as winning the power ball.

We're in a good place.

I really like Russell and Nance (don't care about JC) but I don't miss them at all. I do miss Julius, but with Tyson and Kuz's emergence it's not as big of a deal as well -- especially given the potential of a 2nd max this offseason.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Randle's last 6 Games: 26.7 points, 11.3 rebounds, 3.3 assists. Yeah, they made a mistake.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:28 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma's last 5 games - 25 points, 8.2 rebounds, 3.4 assists. Unlike Randle, he's shown he can defend in the last 5 games, and he's a year younger, so I'll take Kuz over Randle considering they play the same position. And if we do somehow manage to get AD ... we don't need 3 PFs xD
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:34 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Kuzma's last 5 games - 25 points, 8.2 rebounds, 3.4 assists. Unlike Randle, he's shown he can defend in the last 5 games, and he's a year younger, so I'll take Kuz over Randle considering they play the same position. And if we do somehow manage to get AD ... we don't need 3 PFs xD

Good point, FO was choosing between Randle, Nance and Kuzma for their future 4. Kuz is a fine choice but we shoulda trade Randle and got asset back like we did Nance. A Pelican 1st rd pick be nice
Aike
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:

Wait...are you saying Randle can’t defend but Kuzma can?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Aike wrote:
drae wrote:

I believe that's what he's trying to say

if he thinks Kuzma can consistently switch onto PGs and stop them from scoring or force them to take contested threes, then Idk what to tell him.

Meanwhile the Pelicans beat one of the hottest teams in the NBA at that time, OKC, while we lose to the Rockets and go life and limb with the Heat.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Aike wrote:
drae wrote:

if he thinks Kuzma can consistently switch onto PGs and stop them from scoring or force them to take contested threes, then Idk what to tell him.

Meanwhile the Pelicans beat one of the hottest teams in the NBA at that time, OKC, while we lose to the Rockets and go life and limb with the Heat.

OKC is not one of the hottest teams in the league. They have had a very easy schedule punctuated by having the worst record against their own conference of any top 6 team. They've been dining out on lower Eastern Conferrence teams.

Also yes, Randle is a turnstile. Puts up nice stats but I'm happier with Kuzma in the PF position than Randle.
Aike
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
MJST wrote:
Aike wrote:
drae wrote:

OKC is not one of the hottest teams in the league. They have had a very easy schedule punctuated by having the worst record against their own conference of any top 6 team. They've been dining out on lower Eastern Conferrence teams.

Also yes, Randle is a turnstile. Puts up nice stats but I'm happier with Kuzma in the PF position than Randle.

You can be happy with Kuzma and still be sorry that we let Randle walk. And the two only play the same position in the strictest sense of the word, where there are only five positions. They bring very different skill sets and are not mutually exclusive.

I disagree on Randle’s defense. I thought he showed himself to be very competitive on that end last season, though I would agree that he wasn’t always motivated.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject:

Aike wrote:
drae wrote:
MJST wrote:
Aike wrote:
drae wrote:

You can be happy with Kuzma and still be sorry that we let Randle walk. And the two only play the same position in the strictest sense of the word, where there are only five positions. They bring very different skill sets and are not mutually exclusive.

I disagree on Randle’s defense. I thought he showed himself to be very competitive on that end last season, though I would agree that he wasn’t always motivated.

Randle was ranked second last in DRPM amongst all power forwards (when I checked last week). I believe Kuz has much more potential in this regard as he showed the past 5 games or so.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject:

Julius went from averaging .5 3PA in his last lakers season to 1.8 3PA with the Pels.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject:

We should have signed him to a reasonable contract like Marcus Smart. You could have easily traded him to open up capspace if needed. He had that dog in him.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject:

WHO GOT AN ANKLE MY SON CAN BORROW
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
We should have signed him to a reasonable contract like Marcus Smart. You could have easily traded him to open up capspace if needed. He had that dog in him.

He always brought it on games where we were sleepy like vs the Wiz.. Something was fishy about our relationship w Mintz and letting him go
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:

Looks like we will have to wait a while for the Lakers homecoming game.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

Looks like we will have to wait a while for the Lakers homecoming game.

If he injured himself w/ us, he wouldn't come back til Kingdom Come. He'd be on the same pace as Ingram for nothing worse than an ankle tweak that happens frequently at all levels. I hate how the FO plays games with trying to find minutes and situations for others by just keeping ankle tweaks out for effing evAr. Wait, what thread is this?! Beam me up to Piss 'n Moan, Scottie!
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject:

Randle is putting up career numbers while playing the same type of minutes under Luke. Who is going to be the first coach to let him loose and play 35 minutes? Why is he always handcuffed? Julius is efficient 55%, he rebounds and he boards. I don't get this fascination with stretching the floor with average 35% three point shooters. If I'm coach, unless you stretch the floor by shooting over 40% from threes, you're not taking minutes from Julius.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Randle is putting up career numbers while playing the same type of minutes under Luke. Who is going to be the first coach to let him loose and play 35 minutes? Why is he always handcuffed? Julius is efficient 55%, he rebounds and he boards. I don't get this fascination with stretching the floor with average 35% three point shooters. If I'm coach, unless you stretch the floor by shooting over 40% from threes, you're not taking minutes from Julius.

I think foul troubles and conditioning. Seems that MPG is the sweet spot for him all things considered.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Lakers fans are amazing, man. That culture there, me being able to experience that my first four years in the league is pretty incredible. I had a lot of fun, and hopefully they know that.

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticLA/status/1075964074096238592

Randle in purple and gold next year, confirmed
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Miss Jules.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Randle will go to a contender... not a lottery team like the Nets
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Randle will go to a contender... not a lottery team like the Nets

Or the Pels. He probably knows AD is gone.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1520, 1521, 1522 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1521 of 1536
Jump to: