Just let it happen
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
I don't understand how you go from being close to being blown out in 2 minutes.

One team can shoot, the other might get lucky on a little streak here and there but isn't consistent. Also turnovers.

Pretty sure you two haven't watched the game if you don't know what the #1 problem with this game was- You on the sports page on AOL.COM?

I saw one team make their 3 pointers and one team that struggles to keep up but were saved by a couple of desperation 3s.

Even if Harden got BS calls, doesn't change the fact that the rockets are known to be able to shoot and they did especially when it mattered. The Lakers...brick.

No need to attack.

The same issues have been there all season long outside of a hot streak or two. Why do you think they keep losing to the good shooting teams and have major issues with those good shooting teams that also have a stretch 5?
ForumBlueFrank
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject:

My favorite play of the game was when Kuzmas elbow met Hardens face. Great play.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

One team can shoot, the other might get lucky on a little streak here and there but isn't consistent. Also turnovers.

Pretty sure you two haven't watched the game if you don't know what the #1 problem with this game was- You on the sports page on AOL.COM?

I saw one team make their 3 pointers and one team that struggles to keep up but were saved by a couple of desperation 3s.

Even if Harden got BS calls, doesn't change the fact that the rockets are known to be able to shoot and they did especially when it mattered. The Lakers...brick.

No need to attack.

The same issues have been there all season long outside of a hot streak or two. Why do you think they keep losing to the good shooting teams and have major issues with those good shooting teams that also have a stretch 5?

Facts. Freethrows as well. Idk what the Rockets shot from the line but they didnt seem to miss many.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

No need to attack.

cool, wasn't aware Capela is a stretch 5.
Nevermind man, sorry to bother ya.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject:

I just think the Lakers need to be ok with Harden taking that step back 3 pointer with 2 feet of space. Statistically he's not going to make a lot of those. But if you try to give him 1 inch of space, then you end up giving him a lot of free throws and he will make those.

No matter how many times they got baited, the Lakers kept going for the bite and they had no reason to.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Idc if someone shoots 20 FTs if they are actually earning them. I despise it tricking refs and jumping into people while a guy like Lebron can drive in and gets smacked all the time
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

No need to attack.

Why are you attacking half the posters in GDT? Drunk?

Go back and read... I said good shooting teams AND major issues with good shooting teams that have a stretch 5 (Denver, Orlando).

If you want to engage in mature talk then cool, if you want to belittle and looking to pick a fight...don't bother people.

Everyone on LG knows Capela is not a stretch 5, do you? Please don't insult peoples' intelligence. Do better, it's a bad look.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

No need to attack.

Why are you attacking half the posters in GDT? Drunk?

Go back and read... I said good shooting teams AND major issues with good shooting teams that have a stretch 5 (Denver, Orlando).

If you want to engage in mature talk then cool, if you want to belittle and looking to pick a fight...don't bother people.

Everyone on LG knows Capela is not a stretch 5, do you? Please don't insult peoples' intelligence. Do better, it's a bad look.

Guy, calling someone drunk is a bad look as well - you very easily stooped to "my level" apparently.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Just wondering if you were drunk based on your actions. Either way, goodnight. Did not stoop to your level and don't intend to tbh.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject:

any quotes by walton?
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
any quotes by walton?

I'm sorry, but Luke can't make it to today's press conference. He's a little busy out back strangling all the refs. Maybe his assistant can take your questions?
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Just wondering if you were drunk based on your actions. Either way, goodnight. Did not stoop to your level and don't intend to tbh.

You can have the last word Mr highground, I'm too drunk anyways...
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject:

55% from the FT line. They should delay their flight till the make 1,000 FTs in a row.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
I just think the Lakers need to be ok with Harden taking that step back 3 pointer with 2 feet of space. Statistically he's not going to make a lot of those. But if you try to give him 1 inch of space, then you end up giving him a lot of free throws and he will make those.

No matter how many times they got baited, the Lakers kept going for the bite and they had no reason to.

That's what the scouting report says for sure and during the playoffs teams sagged off of him a bit but he still got his.
Its tough to implement
Christopher Walken
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject:

PauPau wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

That's what the scouting report says for sure and during the playoffs teams sagged off of him a bit but he still got his.
Its tough to implement

Ariza could have guarded him better due to familiarity and height.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Lets look at the bright side, we’ll be getting Ingram and Rondo back soon .. 2 players that dont help our biggest weaknesses at all
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Christopher Walken wrote:
PauPau wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

Its tough to implement

Ariza could have guarded him better due to familiarity and height.

He's an MvP caliber player, sometimes there's nothing you can do about. Im sure Harden is also familiar with Ariza.
We tried forcing him to his right didn't matter. Shouldn't have done that but like I said he's a great player, nothing you can do sometimes.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Haven't we learned anything? Harden at Toyota Center is unbeatable. His style of play of drawing fouls is perfect for home court refs. Nothing we can do about it. On to next one!

He's not gonna get anywhere near 19 FTs playing at Staples Center. If we do meet Houston in the playoffs, as long as we have homecourt over them, we'll be fine.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
55% from the FT line. They should delay their flight till the make 1,000 FTs in a row.

Tough to win if you miss half your free throws. It leaves very little room for error.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Lets look at the bright side, we’ll be getting Ingram and Rondo back soon .. 2 players that dont help our biggest weaknesses at all

Rondo's shooting 43% from 3 this year and gets the second unit set up nicely. Ingram's got that mid range shot going and has a constant mismatch at the 2. Shooting 47% from the field this year which is nice.

In comparison KCP is shooting 39% from the field this year.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
LKA wrote:

Rondo's shooting 43% from 3 this year and gets the second unit set up nicely. Ingram's got that mid range shot going and has a constant mismatch at the 2. Shooting 47% from the field this year which is nice.

In comparison KCP is shooting 39% from the field this year.

43 on very low volume .. both bad freethrow shooters
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Haven't we learned anything? Harden at Toyota Center is unbeatable. His style of play of drawing fouls is perfect for home court refs. Nothing we can do about it. On to next one!

He's not gonna get anywhere near 19 FTs playing at Staples Center. If we do meet Houston in the playoffs, as long as we have homecourt over them, we'll be fine.

The way he's reffed, getting 19 FTAs is VERY possible at any arena. It's not like the refs don't fall for his phony flops and foot entanglements and self-created bumps into defenders and the ol "cokk your head back like you just got shot slash Paul Pierce" stuff. He's a serpent. He did the head cokk back on the three free throws that ended the game for all intents. I hope Hart didn't take it to heart.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject:

The game was frustrating but now that I am removed from the emotion and sit back, this might sound crazy, I think the Houston Rockets don't pose a threat in the conference. They literally have to have their go to guy get 50 to win. Even if they go on some sort of run in the postseason when teams can scheme for individual matchups, Harden is in for a rude awakening.

With that being said, the Lakers beat themselves tonight. Couldn't hit a free throw and instead of playing through some VERY questionable calls it looked as if they became hesitant as the calls piled up.

Next time they play the Rockets and are fully healthy, I kind of expect a 10+ point win.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

He got 15 at staples center because of the same overly aggressive tactics of trying to go over every screen and trying to block his 28 footers. The Lakers leave so many shooters wide open and they almost always shoot like crap. For some reason, they're afraid of Harden making those shots if they don't block them.

I think they should go under every screen and let Harden take as many of those shots as they want. He won't get free throws and he will probably shoot 6-20 and he won't be able to get the other guys involved.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 42 of 43
Jump to: