Laker Film Room (Pg. 91: Pete Signed By Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Hey GT, do you know if anyone's writing about Jeanie's hostile takeover? I'm still curious about who the source was for Kevin Ding's article contrasting Jeanie's magnanimity after losing her dog with Mitch's reluctance to bring up the death of his teenage daughter at work.

Remember that? Is anyone writing about that?

I don't really read much content that covers the off-the-court stuff, but I'd very surprised if someone was.

Have you ever interacted with ownership?

I've interacted with a couple of them, yeah. Nothing beyond surface level stuff though.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject:

Great job GT. I can watch that Lonzo chasedown block all day everyday.
pokoy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Looking forward to the Kuzma defense improvement video, GT (the one you mentioned over twitter recently).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
Looking forward to the Kuzma defense improvement video, GT (the one you mentioned over twitter recently).

Trying to have it out tomorrow.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject:

GT what do you think about Zo's foot position when he's off ball behind the 3 point line?

I'd love to see him have his right foot back and hands ready to receive a pass rather than standing square to the rim with hands down.

He gets that 3 ball going and all of the sudden back cuts open up too.

What does he need to do in your opinion to mechanically improve his distance shooting consistency?

#BannersOverBillboards
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
GT what do you think about Zo's foot position when he's off ball behind the 3 point line?

I'd love to see him have his right foot back and hands ready to receive a pass rather than standing square to the rim with hands down.

What does he need to do in your opinion to mechanically improve his distance shooting consistency?

Totally agree with this. I also think that he has a hard time catching the ball across his body and then getting into his usual shooting form.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

pokoy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject:

Awesome! Been waiting for this, thanks GT.

I'm just glad he is improving on that end, even if he isn't a stopper, he at least isn't a terrible defender now like JClarkson was for us before.

The sequence at 1:30 in the video is one of the best stands I've seen him have. He does seem to be a little hoppy every now and then but he has cut it down quite a bit. Keep working on it, hope he tries to emulate Klay Thompson because he is obviously a much better wing defender than big defender.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject:

GT, you add so much to every Lakers podcast - you even make Anthony tolerable.

Looking forward to future LFR podcasts *hint hint*
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Hey GT, do you know if anyone's writing about Jeanie's hostile takeover? I'm still curious about who the source was for Kevin Ding's article contrasting Jeanie's magnanimity after losing her dog with Mitch's reluctance to bring up the death of his teenage daughter at work.

Remember that? Is anyone writing about that?

I don't really read much content that covers the off-the-court stuff, but I'd very surprised if someone was.

Have you ever interacted with ownership?

I've interacted with a couple of them, yeah. Nothing beyond surface level stuff though.

Probably not a great career move at this point to turn into an adversarial investigative reporter.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject:

Heh, thank you. Anthony's also been trying to be more tolerable, to his credit.

And the LFR pod's been tough to do on a regular basis. We recorded the other night about the Anthony Davis stuff but it was a jumbled mess and I'm not sure I want to release it. They also take 6-8 hours to edit, so on top of my other responsibilities (plus scheduling conflicts) they've been less frequent.

Honestly, man...I'm kind of exhausted. I love every moment of it, but I do this from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to sleep, nearly every day. I haven't been able to get everything done that I want to get done but I'm working on some structural changes that can help with that.
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Honestly, man...I'm kind of exhausted. I love every moment of it, but I do this from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to sleep, nearly every day. I haven't been able to get everything done that I want to get done but I'm working on some structural changes that can help with that.

We really appreciate all the content you put out, GT (even if we don't realize how much work it is to make)!

At the same time, we don't want you to burn out!

Hope you can find a balance that works for everyone.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

And the LFR pod's been tough to do on a regular basis. We recorded the other night about the Anthony Davis stuff but it was a jumbled mess and I'm not sure I want to release it. They also take 6-8 hours to edit, so on top of my other responsibilities (plus scheduling conflicts) they've been less frequent.

You know, Pete, I actually can't imagine. I've been an overworked office drone for most of my professional career in the private and public sectors, and so I can do nothing but respect how hard you work and how much you want to accomplish with your entrepreneurial spirit versus the finite resources of time and your own mental and physical well-being. I am blown away by your successful trajectory and the growth of your business in such a short period of time.

You're allowed to be exhausted. You're allowed to rest. I'll be an LFR podcast subscriber and listener whenever and forever. And that's because of who you are and the knowledge you bring to the game and the Lakers franchise - that isn't going away. Hell, I subscribed to the Athletic for a year to read your words, not just hear your voice or watch your vids. You're a true talent, dude, don't let my schlubby office drone ass discourage you with demands.

Also, I love Anthony unadulterated like I love Darius. I hope Darius is in a better place after such a profound loss, and 1) I respect the hiatus in LFR podcast content while 2) I love that you're on Spotify now.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

You know, Pete, I actually can't imagine. I've been an overworked office drone for most of my professional career in the private and public sectors, and so I can do nothing but respect how hard you work and how much you want to accomplish with your entrepreneurial spirit versus the finite resources of time and your own mental and physical well-being. I am blown away by your successful trajectory and the growth of your business in such a short period of time.

You're allowed to be exhausted. You're allowed to rest. I'll be an LFR podcast subscriber and listener whenever and forever. And that's because of who you are and the knowledge you bring to the game and the Lakers franchise - that isn't going away. Hell, I subscribed to the Athletic for a year to read your words, not just hear your voice or watch your vids. You're a true talent, dude, don't let my schlubby office drone ass discourage you with demands.

Also, I love Anthony unadulterated like I love Darius. I hope Darius is in a better place after such a profound loss, and 1) I respect the hiatus in LFR podcast content while 2) I love that you're on Spotify now.

This was really thoughtful and kind and I'm grateful for it. Thank you.

I'm certainly not discouraged by your demands, I feel bad that I'm not producing as much material as I'd like to. Like, I have this Vivid Seats sponsorship now where part of the deal is that they want weekly Top 5 Highlights for LeBron James. That's not really my lane but they're making it worth my while and it barely takes any time at all, so it's worth it to me.

But people are (understandably) like "what the heck is this?" when I post them on YouTube especially if I haven't had a straight analysis piece in a week. I'm working on it though.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject:

How Kyle Kuzma has improved as a playmaker

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/12/10/18133187/laker-film-room-kyle-kuzma-improved-playmaker-lakers-video-breakdown-twitter-stats
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject:

Good work GT.

So good to see Kuz playing well in the other facets of the game besides scoring. We know he can get buckets, but putting it all together will make him a very, very good player. I was a bit worried he was gonna be like JC, only in the sense that he never really got better after a promising rookie year. That just doesn’t appear to be the case for Kuz. Just gotta get that 3 ball falling again.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject:

GT is gonna be on 710 ESPN soon
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

Totally agree with this. I also think that he has a hard time catching the ball across his body and then getting into his usual shooting form.

Really good point which probably explains the unconscious inefficiency of his foot positioning.

From the limited training vids we see it looks like during 3 pt practice they keep passing the ball always from the same location instead of receiving the pass from different spots on the floor.

The human central nervous system requires about 66 days of continuous repetition in order to establish new neurosynaptic pathways...out of curiosity, if you were teaching Zo how to shoot what would you do to help him?

#BannersOverBillboards
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:

Can you recap for the 710 impaired?

#BannersOverBillboards
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

You can listen here: https://tunein.com/radio/ESPN-Los-Angeles-710-s32301/
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Wolverine wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

You can listen here: https://tunein.com/radio/ESPN-Los-Angeles-710-s32301/

Dopeness! TY.

#BannersOverBillboards
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject:

GT you were on point...again!

Love how you're setting the bar for intelligent sports talk...so tired of the tabloids that it's become.

So happy for you...great stuff...Wishing you continued success and growth my man.

#BannersOverBillboards
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Interview audio (low quality recording): https://goo.gl/73JBGC
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Thanks GT about your analysis of rebounding in this particular game.
I thought we did a poor job against the Heat (14 off rebounds for the Hear for example), do you have any thoughts about it ? What went wrong ? They are not a great rebounding team (middle pack just like we are)...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 76 of 93
Jump to: