View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject:

bertrome wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
133 points to a mediocre team...smh

1-3 vs. Spurs, hopefully it doesn’t hurt them for a playoff spot.

Make that 1-5 to 2 teams with 12-14 records.

Ah yes, the juggernaut Magic who lost to a Pacers team without Oladipo and Sabonis.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:
LKA wrote:
Our struggles with stretch bigs is very worrisome

You are correct those two losses to Orlando come to mind as well

Stretch bigs don’t bother us it’s the fact that we don’t have a big who can guard constantly beyond the arc that’s why I want Taj Gibson he has the mobility to keep up with bigs who like to shoot the 3 ball, McGee and Chandler are more of a player who like defending down low, and Wagner doesn’t have the experience to play defense at the 3pt line.

They don't even try to guard the 3 point line. The Lakers defense is all about packing the middle and protecting the rim. If the other team can make open shots, the defense is busted.

Yeah that’s why my point.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
bertrome wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
133 points to a mediocre team...smh

1-3 vs. Spurs, hopefully it doesn’t hurt them for a playoff spot.

Make that 1-5 to 2 teams with 12-14 records.

Ah yes, the juggernaut Magic who lost to a Pacers team without Oladipo and Sabonis.

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject:

The Magic loses are more frustrating to me then losing to the Spurs, cause at least the Spurs still have some winning pedigree but the Magic have no idea what it takes to win and we made them look good in both of our games.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Toronto lost to Brooklyn, it happens.

Tough loss because we had an opening but there she blows I suppose.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject:

How do you score 72 in the first half and lose?

Play no defense for 4 quarters and please don't give me the pace argument.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject:

No wonder we lost.
We had 2 stickied SAS game threads!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:21 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
How do you score 72 in the first half and lose?

Play no defense for 4 quarters and please don't give me the pace argument.

D'Antoni defense. Fire Brian Keefe.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject:

I saw a lot of crappy play out there in the second half. I did not like some of the lineups.

Kuzma and Lebron brought their game but even they got lazy on defense. Way too many layups and threes in the 4th. Why did we just let them continue to shoot?

Lonzo is garbage as a shooter....dude can't make a layup. I hope he gets better. Yes, he does have other skills but he's got to make shots. 5-16, even for his apologists, is sucky.

KCP, 4-11 - often times open 3's and can't ever hit one when they need it.

Hart - poor dude 0-5 for 3's...

Too many easy baskets in the 4th.
ducasse2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:41 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
Derozan averaging like 34 8 and 8 in 4 games vs the Lakers. What sort of defensive scheme is Luke running that allows that?

Half of his points were from the foul line. Him and Harden just can parade to the line each every game no matter what.

A deserved loss but wow DeRozan was being officiated like Dwane Wade in the 2006 finals. He was laughing about it going to the line with a smirk on his face ike it was too easy to bait refs into calls when someone tried to defend him. And Hart just doesn't have the length to guard him. Aldridge taking out Ingram had a huge impact here. BIs length was desperately needed on DeRozan.

Last edited by ducasse2 on Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:47 am; edited 3 times in total
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:45 am    Post subject:

A tough loss especially since they seemed to be working well on both ends until the 4th happened. Can't explain it, not wasting time trying to determine the root cause...no time, regroup and go out and compete against the Grizzlies tonight.

On a side note, this officiating is getting a tad annoying. I understand calls are going to be missed but over the last few years I think the officials are making an effort to give LBJ calls, even if he is truly hit. That elbow he took was blatant, how that is missed is suspect.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:54 am    Post subject:

Lebron seemed really frustrated with this loss.

First couple of minutes.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:24 am    Post subject:

Bad loss against crap team. Our defense was just not good enough. If nothing else I calculated this loss even before because Luke will always be out coached by Pop.

And yes I am so glad we do not play against Spurs anymore. I hate them.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:21 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
I saw a lot of crappy play out there in the second half. I did not like some of the lineups.

Kuzma and Lebron brought their game but even they got lazy on defense. Way too many layups and threes in the 4th. Why did we just let them continue to shoot?

Lonzo is garbage as a shooter....dude can't make a layup. I hope he gets better. Yes, he does have other skills but he's got to make shots. 5-16, even for his apologists, is sucky.

KCP, 4-11 - often times open 3's and can't ever hit one when they need it.

Hart - poor dude 0-5 for 3's...

my god guy, aren't you embarrassed by your goofy posts?!?
Hart shoots worse than lonzo, yet he gets five words written about him, two of them being POOR DUDE.
Lonzo on the other hand, gets your full wrath and a run on sentence even tho he played better than hart on both ends... I can't take you seriously ever again chief.
Maybe LG isn't your thing... you should take up writing for breitbart instead.
Do they have a sports section?
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Lonzo - great defense but rough shooting night.

KCP - better luck next time
Hart - rough night

Hart shoots worse than lonzo, yet he gets five words written about him, two of them being POOR DUDE.
Lonzo on the other hand, gets your full wrath and a run on sentence even tho he played better than hart on both ends... I can't take you seriously ever again chief.

Ok, not sure what your point is by saying that.
Just giving some quick thoughts. I didn't know I was being evaluated and graded on substance or comment length on each player. Thought this site is a place where we can all comment freely on our observations and opinions. I guess you can't tell that I mix serious thoughts, jokes and sarcasm into my responses. People shouldn't get butt hurt by them.

So don't take me serious then and don't read my posts if you going to get worked up and attack my thoughts like that. We are all entitled to our thoughts here be it rational or whacky. Unless the mods disagree.

Been a member for almost 19 years, strange some of the comments I have been getting lately here. I guess I am not welcome like in the past.

Oh, I edited my observations to meet your requirements. Let me know if you approve.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject:

Feels like we outplayed this team in all 4 games, yet walk away 1-3. Extremely frustrating.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Feels like we outplayed this team in all 4 games, yet walk away 1-3. Extremely frustrating.

The losses to the Spurs I put on coaching tbh. The spurs aren’t very good, but Pop exploited the Lakers. It took a beast Lebron 4Q to squeeze out the only win. Just not good enough.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Hart - rough night

Just giving some quick thoughts. I didn't know I was being evaluated and graded on substance or comment length on each player. Thought this site is a place where we can all comment freely on our observations and opinions. I guess you can't tell that I mix serious thoughts, jokes and sarcasm into my responses. People shouldn't get butt hurt by them.

So don't take me serious then and don't read my posts if you going to get worked up and attack my thoughts like that. We are all entitled to our thoughts here be it rational or whacky. Unless the mods disagree.

Been a member for almost 19 years, strange some of the comments I have been getting lately here. I guess I am not welcome like in the past.

Oh, I edited my observations to meet your requirements. Let me know if you approve.

"Butt hurt" is now considered a homophobic slur and suggests possible rape- your're living in the past of 19 years ago ... Lots of stuff has changed, guy.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject:

^ No it's not. The term refers to spanking. What the holy hell is going on in here? Lol
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject:

Christopher Walken
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
^ No it's not. The term refers to spanking. What the holy hell is going on in here? Lol

Yo, it is def not about spanking:
http://persephonemagazine.com/2013/01/can-we-please-stop-using-the-term-butthurt/
Quote:
"Essentially, the term is used when someone is upset that someone else has gotten the better or them or beaten them or bested them in some way. That is to say, they dominated them. You know, like when someone is raped. This just isn’t funny. Not only is the term sexist, because it hinges on domination and anal rape, which is primarily a male device, but it is also homophobic. I’m pretty sure that gay men don’t think the threat of anal rape is hilarious, and I’m also pretty sure they don’t enjoy an act they enjoy once again being used as a display of cruelty, disgust, and derision."
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Oh for the love of peoplekind!

Quote:
Origin of butthurt
1995–2000; butt1 + hurt; in reference to spanking a child

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/butthurt
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Hart - rough night

"Butt hurt" is now considered a homophobic slur and suggests possible rape- your're living in the past of 19 years ago ... Lots of stuff has changed, guy.

Dude, please, move on. Focus on other things in life and let it go. I know, I am moving on.
Christopher Walken
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Hart - rough night

Dude, please, move on. Focus on other things in life and let it go. I know, I am moving on.

games over, all have moved on K?
Christopher Walken
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Oh for the love of peoplekind!

Quote:
Origin of butthurt
1995–2000; butt1 + hurt; in reference to spanking a child

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/butthurt

I don't think Dictionary wanted to get their hands dirty with the real meaning of the phrase. I recall when the phrase first started getting used- it always meant
getting raped, at least in L.A. that was the meaning back then IMO.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 37 of 38
Jump to: