The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 922, 923, 924 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject:

Just remember.

He teamed up with 2 all-NBA players in Bosh/Wade.

On the Cavs, they were salary capped, so no real room to get a max FA.

It's uncharted water for LBJ to have a max space carved out for the next season. I think there must be something that the Lakers know about KD or else why did they go through the motion to carve out 38m (just enough for KD)?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Just remember.

It's uncharted water for LBJ to have a max space carved out for the next season. I think there must be something that the Lakers know about KD or else why did they go through the motion to carve out 38m (just enough for KD)?

But they've whiffed on FAs in the past when they carved out space. All they know is that there will be players available, many of them, and the 38M you reference just gives them flexibility to bring in needed help whether that is in the form of one player or possibly two.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Just remember.

But they've whiffed on FAs in the past when they carved out space. All they know is that there will be players available, many of them, and the 38M you reference just gives them flexibility to bring in needed help whether that is in the form of one player or possibly two.

When did magic/Rob whiffed on FAs and when did we have LeBron + young guys on the roster?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Just remember.

Well, LBJ isn't a whiff. But sure, we didn't get PG13 for whatever reasons.

But I agree, we have options with the 38m. I hope they don't punt it though as that's eating 2 years of LBJ's post-prime.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject:

IMO he is having a better season then last year when he was with Cleveland, how this guy takes care of his body on a daily basis is nothing sort of amazing. I believe once his current deal is up with the Lakers he’s gonna sign another extension with the Lakers, so far it seems adamant that he is very happy as a Laker which was confirmed by Michael Carter. if we can just find that 2nd reliable scorer this team, we can be a dynasty cause LeBron is a machine like no other.

It is good to be a Laker fan right now.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject:

Can't believe pettiness and jealousy will potentially get in the way of this man getting another chip. Pair him up with any legit all-star and you got a legit shot at a championship.

This guy is unreal. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets us close this year.
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
IMO he is having a better season then last year when he was with Cleveland, how this guy takes care of his body on a daily basis is nothing sort of amazing. I believe once his current deal is up with the Lakers he’s gonna sign another extension with the Lakers, so far it seems adamant that he is very happy as a Laker which was confirmed by Michael Carter. if we can just find that 2nd reliable scorer this team, we can be a dynasty cause LeBron is a machine like no other.

Realistically our best chance is now or next season. Lebron will be 35 next season. The window is very small, we need to get the 2nd star this season or 2019 summer because Lebron at 36 is not going to be as good as Lebron is right now.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject:

where24happens wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Realistically our best chance is now or next season. Lebron will be 35 next season. The window is very small, we need to get the 2nd star this season or 2019 summer because Lebron at 36 is not going to be as good as Lebron is right now.

I really do believe that something is gonna happen on Dec 15 or closer to the TD, this team is soooo close to contending that it would be idiotic to waste LeBron’s MVP season, maybe we get Kemba Walker which I would be very happy since his cap hold is 18M and we will have enough to add other talented players in FA.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject:

👑 LeBron James' monster fourth quarter:

20 points ✔️
7-of-8 shooting ✔️
3-of-3 on 3's ✔️
3 assists ✔️
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
👑 LeBron James' monster fourth quarter:

20 points ✔️
7-of-8 shooting ✔️
3-of-3 on 3's ✔️
3 assists ✔️

1. Everyone needs to improve.
2. Offense needs to improve.
3. Without the first 2, we might lose tight games where we have to rely on Lebron to go super sayain.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Kinda felt like Lebron's performance was a rebuttal to Magic and Kobe's comments earlier in the week. What Magic and Kobe said makes perfect sense though. It wasn't a diss towards Bron, it was more of a critique on Luke Walton's abysmal coaching. The Lakers cannot win a championship with Lebron having to take over single handedly. The team can get away with it now to not drop in the standings because the West is deep but as Kobe said the youngsters will need to develop and be ready to take on more responsibility if they want to win it all and beat teams like GSW. Problem is Luke's half court offense is terribly inefficient and doesn't put the youngsters in optimal position to succeed, which then leads to Lebron having to take over.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Man Skip was so salty this morning. He gives no credit to Bron closing because he says the Spurs are the worst team in the NBA
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Just remember.

But I agree, we have options with the 38m. I hope they don't punt it though as that's eating 2 years of LBJ's post-prime.

I meant, the Lakers have had cap space for FAs and whiffed before in the past. So just because they have it, doesn’t mean they know something. The reason they go through the motions to have the cap space is to give themselves a chance at a FA, even if they dont “know something”.

Totally agree though. We have to spend it. Even if we miss, we gotta at least get a couple 4-star diamonds if necessary. Punting should not be an option or its another wasted year.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject:

I just heard Ramona say Lebron wants Carmelo here. Why Lebron why?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:

What did she specifically say?
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject:

I can give credit where it's due... Love winning and that's all I care about. I just won't enjoy the process because I am not a fan of LeBron in the least bit.

Hoping we grab a second star I can root for so this becomes more enjoyable for me.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Kinda felt like Lebron's performance was a rebuttal to Magic and Kobe's comments earlier in the week. What Magic and Kobe said makes perfect sense though. It wasn't a diss towards Bron, it was more of a critique on Luke Walton's abysmal coaching. The Lakers cannot win a championship with Lebron having to take over single handedly. The team can get away with it now to not drop in the standings because the West is deep but as Kobe said the youngsters will need to develop and be ready to take on more responsibility if they want to win it all and beat teams like GSW. Problem is Luke's half court offense is terribly inefficient and doesn't put the youngsters in optimal position to succeed, which then leads to Lebron having to take over.

In context, Kobe and Magic's statements were actually supportive of Lebron. But then the media started calling it "criticism" and it took a whole new turn. It's just media trying to drum up controversy so they have something to talk about.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

She said Lebron just put it out there that he wants Melo on the Lakers. He hasnt told Magic or Rob directly but this is his way of telling them that.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

Joe Vardon from the athletic reported it

LINK
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
I can give credit where it's due... Love winning and that's all I care about. I just won't enjoy the process because I am not a fan of LeBron in the least bit.

Hoping we grab a second star I can root for so this becomes more enjoyable for me.

SMH.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

Can confirm this. Bron hasn't asked Lakers to sign Melo, and that he doesn't intend to. But if Rob/Magic decide that'd be good for the Lakers, the banana boat has been floated apparently.

https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/1070867970568577024

There's an opinion going around that Melo was made a scapegoat for a bad Houston team. I don't like him being here, but I don't think it would be a disaster.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:

You love Lonzo but you hate LeBron? This seems odd to me lol. LeBron is basically the 6’8” 260lb superstar version of Lonzo.
lakerz32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Just remember.

I meant, the Lakers have had cap space for FAs and whiffed before in the past. So just because they have it, doesn’t mean they know something. The reason they go through the motions to have the cap space is to give themselves a chance at a FA, even if they dont “know something”.

Totally agree though. We have to spend it. Even if we miss, we gotta at least get a couple 4-star diamonds if necessary. Punting should not be an option or its another wasted year.

for me its the cap space + Lebron signing an unprecedented 4 year contract with the lakers

Lebron signed with the lakers for a lot of reasons, but winning was among them. its just with all of the other reasons, and understanding the lakers cap situation, Lebron was willing to wait a year or at least exercise patience.

I feel Lebron's really meticulous, smart, level-headed, and he's able to think in terms of the grand scheme of things. Lebron essentially abused the one-year deal to essentially I feel hold the cavs hostage, in order to maintain his own maximum flexibility, and put pressure on management to make win-now moves. I don't think Lebron signs a 4 year contract without knowing for sure another max free agent is coming. there has to be something cooking behind the scenes, for Lebron to make a 4 year commitment to what was a 35 win team. if there were any uncertainty, or if lakers were just offering promises, why wouldn't Lebron just sign another 1+1 deal with the lakers, to see if lakers could bring in a max player. it seems like a an unnecessary risk for a player of Lebron's caliber/intelligence to blindly agree to a 4 year contract with new/unproven management.

Last edited by lakerz32 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

Can confirm this. Bron hasn't asked Lakers to sign Melo, and that he doesn't intend to. But if Rob/Magic decide that'd be good for the Lakers, the banana boat has been floated apparently.

There's an opinion going around that Melo was made a scapegoat for a bad Houston team. I don't like him being here, but I don't think it would be a disaster.

He would be a complete distraction and disaster.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
drae wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

He would be a complete distraction and disaster.

Not too much different from Lance then /jk xD
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 922, 923, 924 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 923 of 2079
Jump to: