OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 388, 389, 390 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
adkindo wrote:
have not followed thread daily recently....but read something recently that made it sound very likely that Ariza may end up on the 76'ers in exchange for Fultz....is that a common rumor out there?

How can the Suns trade for Fultz when he’s injured and won’t be able to pass his physical? I call BS, if Ariza isn’t coming to the Lakers he is likely going to Houston or OKC.

You can still trade a player who doesn't pass the physical as the acquiring team can just waive that if they want to.

yeah, I just googled Ariza....looks like just a lot of guesses based on Steins tweet about Ariza being available after 12/15.....but most of the articles start off with Fultz as the most logical trade target. I do not see much the Lakers would willing to part with that would make sense for PHX.

Trading for Ariza would make no sense for us. Not a gamechanger.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
adkindo wrote:
have not followed thread daily recently....but read something recently that made it sound very likely that Ariza may end up on the 76'ers in exchange for Fultz....is that a common rumor out there?

How can the Suns trade for Fultz when he’s injured and won’t be able to pass his physical? I call BS, if Ariza isn’t coming to the Lakers he is likely going to Houston or OKC.

You can still trade a player who doesn't pass the physical as the acquiring team can just waive that if they want to.

yeah, I just googled Ariza....looks like just a lot of guesses based on Steins tweet about Ariza being available after 12/15.....but most of the articles start off with Fultz as the most logical trade target. I do not see much the Lakers would willing to part with that would make sense for PHX.

well, I mean I would be ok trading KCP and a 2nd....but that makes no sense for PHX.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
adkindo wrote:

It can depend.
Tyson Chandler wouldn't be described as a game changer. But we had a huge need for a backup center and he filled it. And in that sense, he's a game changer because he replaced crap.

The question is, does Ariza fill a need? I'm not sure he does.
Crap -> Tyson is a bigger gap vs Lance -> Ariza imo.
So I agree w/ you.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
adkindo wrote:

It can depend.
Tyson Chandler wouldn't be described as a game changer. But we had a huge need for a backup center and he filled it. And in that sense, he's a game changer because he replaced crap.

So I agree w/ you.

Lance isn’t better then Ariza so if he’s replacing him then it’s a game changer, maybe PHX will bite on a Lance/Zu/2nd pick for Ariza, Lance is the type of guy who can keep the PHX locker room calm and relaxed with his funny antics.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
epak wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
adkindo wrote:

It can depend.

So I agree w/ you.

Lance isn’t better then Ariza so if he’s replacing him then it’s a game changer, maybe PHX will bite on a Lance/Zu/2nd pick for Ariza, Lance is the type of guy who can keep the PHX locker room calm and relaxed with his funny antics.

I would agree that I'd take Ariza over Lance. But I'm saying the difference between Lance to Ariza is less that Williams/Kuz to Tyson as a backup center.

Do you think that improvement of Lance to Ariza is worth a 2nd round pick? Also, the salaries dont match in your scenario.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Do you think that improvement of Lance to Ariza is worth a 2nd round pick?

yes
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject:

Jalen Rose believes Durant sounds jealous of the attention Lebron receives in the media xD

Maybe Durant is coming because he wants some of that media attention to
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
epak wrote:
Do you think that improvement of Lance to Ariza is worth a 2nd round pick?

yes

I'm on the fence with that. Because I think the 2nd rounder could be used in another deal. But in a vacuum of solely this deal, sure I can see ya'll side.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Lakers should make a serious offer for Kemba Walker. Something like Ball, Ingram, Wagner and future picks for him. Then, in the offseason Lakers still would have enough cap space to sign a 25% max free agent such as Kahwii, Klay or Butler. Lakers could still even sign KD if they could some how convince him to take a little bit less, which is doubtful but you never know. Lakers could clear out more salary by trading Mycalouk and renouncing Bonga. They could even renounce JeVale if they have to, but preferably not.

1) I like that Hornets young core. Lonzo might be a better fit next to Monk than Kemba is.

2) That's a pretty rich offer for a guy who could walk in the summer, but I get that you're trying to dump salary in the process, as well.

3) The Lakers don't have JaVale's Bird Rights, so there's nothing to renounce.
At the rate JeVale is playing, what kind of salary do you think he will command in the offseason?

No idea. His play has regressed after a hot start and he'll be 31 next season. I think the room exception ($4.8-5M) would be his ceiling.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
adkindo wrote:

So why would the Suns do that? Ariza has a net positive value, if there gonna trade him they should get someone who can help them in the short term and long term, they have no need for Fultz, I can’t imagine they are motivated to add another raw project player to the player who needs loads of development.

Their PG rotation is two rookie second round picks and 37-year-old Jamal Crawford.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
adkindo wrote:

So why would the Suns do that? Ariza has a net positive value, if there gonna trade him they should get someone who can help them in the short term and long term, they have no need for Fultz, I can’t imagine they are motivated to add another raw project player to the player who needs loads of development.

Their PG rotation is two rookie second round picks and 37-year-old Jamal Crawford.

Yeah that should give them the motivation to add a established PG vet like John Wall not another guy who is allergic to getting better.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epak wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
adkindo wrote:

It can depend.

So I agree w/ you.

I would agree that I'd take Ariza over Lance. But I'm saying the difference between Lance to Ariza is less that Williams/Kuz to Tyson as a backup center.

Do you think that improvement of Lance to Ariza is worth a 2nd round pick? Also, the salaries dont match in your scenario.

Yes a 2nd round pick is worth it, because we are in win now mode under LeBron’s historical season, if salaries don’t match then we can add some cash.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

If the Suns buy him out, that's one thing. But trading assets for him? I'm with you.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

Quote:

If the only loss was KCP he would be a gamechanger.

Ariza guards PG/SG/SF/PF. Look at who he defended in the Warriors series: everyone.

KCP is limited to PG/SG (but not big ones like DRoz or even Klay).
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Ariza guards PG/SG/SF/PF. Look at who he defended in the Warriors series: everyone.

na still no.

buyout: Yes
Trade of KCP to get Ariza? : No

KCP wont agree neither.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

na still no.

buyout: Yes
Trade of KCP to get Ariza? : No

KCP wont agree neither.

But defensive versatility wise I'm not wrong. Ariza is far more versatile against a team like the Warriors.

I agree KCP won't agree unless the Suns say that they want to re-sign him long term to pair with Booker. Who knows.
anon123
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject:

What would people think of Al Horford as a major offseason acquisition?

He has a player option on about $26M and is almost certain to decline it since he's 32 and should be looking for a 3 or 4 year deal to close our his career.

I wouldn't want to give him the max, maybe a declining 3-year contract starting around the $25M mark.

He's one of the few free agents that I could see truly fitting seamlessly in with the team, although it isn't a sexy sounding move like getting Kawhi or Durant.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject:

Ariza is a proven X factor that makes good teams better, and does little for bad teams. He would be very beneficial for this Lakers team in my opinion.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Ariza is a proven X factor that makes good teams better, and does little for bad teams. He would be very beneficial for this Lakers team in my opinion.

I'd love to have him, but his contract is a no go.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject:

anon123 wrote:

He has a player option on about $26M and is almost certain to decline it since he's 32 and should be looking for a 3 or 4 year deal to close our his career.

I wouldn't want to give him the max, maybe a declining 3-year contract starting around the $25M mark.

He's one of the few free agents that I could see truly fitting seamlessly in with the team, although it isn't a sexy sounding move like getting Kawhi or Durant.

he is 1 of the main reasons, why the celtics are not off to a great start
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

If you fall in love, you want your partner to look at you the way that Adkindo looks at Ariza.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

anon123 wrote:

Always been a fan of Horford, I believe playing with Ball and LeBron will increase his stats and usage, his stats look somewhat average because most of there G’s are ball dominate types, he would be a good fit IMO.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

Cris Carter said on his show that KD's comments about stars not wanting to play w Lebron, is not true in regards to the star he has a relationship w (Kawhi).

"I have a pretty good relationship w a star, and that's not what I hear"

Last edited by KeepItRealOrElse on Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Cris Carter said on his show that KD's comments about stars not wanting to play w Lebron, is not true in regards to the star he has a relationship w (Kawhi).

Good to hear.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
anon123 wrote:

he is 1 of the main reasons, why the celtics are not off to a great start

He is a Impact player, there slow start is due to there young players declining this year.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 388, 389, 390 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 389 of 8560
Jump to: