OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1470, 1471, 1472 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
YSong wrote:
Sadly BI’s injury is showing that the Lakers with Kuz as primary #2 is a better team

Sounds like BS to me.. Bron won this game, Luke had to bring him back in early to get this game.

Lebron wins every game, we would probably be at 4-5 wins without him.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
CRoost wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Mr.81 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Steaming hot take: he doesn’t start another game for the Lakers.

Only if he is traded which I doubt, so he will be starting again once he's back.

Well see. I don’t think it’s a given if the Zo/Hart/Bron/Kuz/center lineup keeps playing as well as it has.

Defense will be an issue. Lebron has to do a lot with that lineup just for us to stay above water and that won’t be good in a long run especially in marathon like in a regular season. We need to preserve Lebron for when it matters.

Kuzma can handle the iso responsibility that bi had which gave LeBron a breather

Nah Kuzma can create his own but it’s not his strength . He’s much better playing off the ball and get open.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject:

I don't get why Kuzma gets praised for his play shooting 30% from 3 on 4 times the volume... but Ingram's the one criticized for his shot selection.

Especially when Ingram actually is creating shots and drawing fouls while Kuzma simply shoots.

It's like comparing Kobe to Klay Thompson... two completely different roles.

Don't get me wrong, I think Kuzma had a nice all around game, and I see him making effort on defense... but he's had a lot of bad games, and doesn't get nearly the same sh*t as Brandon.

Agree with those who are worried that BI will take another step back if his injury persists. It's a shame because he seemed like he had another good start... and was starting to put together some decent games.

Again, I don't get those of you who pick on Ingram when he's played okay recently and the team is winning. If we lost, or he cost us a game, I could understand the venting. But it feels like some of you almost root against him just to be proven right.

In my opinion you should root for a Laker player until they are gone. People who care more about their own agenda are as bad as fantasy league fans who root for their players rather than our team.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
I don't get why Kuzma gets praised for his play shooting 30% from 3 on 4 times the volume... but Ingram's the one criticized for his shot selection.

Especially when Ingram actually is creating shots and drawing fouls while Kuzma simply shoots.

Don't get me wrong, I think Kuzma had a nice all around game, and I see him making effort on defense... but he's had a lot of bad games, and doesn't get nearly the same sh*t as Brandon.

Agree with those who are worried that BI will take another step back if his injury persists. It's a shame because he seemed like he had another good start... and was starting to put together some decent games.

Again, I don't get those of you who pick on Ingram when he's played okay recently and the team is winning. If we lost, or he cost us a game, I could understand the venting. But it feels like some of you almost root against him just to be proven right.

In my opinion you should root for a Laker player until they are gone. People who care more about their own agenda are as bad as fantasy league fans who root for their players rather than our team.

This is why:

Shot dash for closest defender:
0-2 feet - very tight: freq%: BI: 15.5%, Kuz: 07.4%
2-4 feet - .......tight: freq%: BI: 47.0%, Kuz: 40.2%
4-6 feet - .......open: freq%: BI: 28.7%, Kuz: 23.5%
.6+ feet - wide open: freq%: BI: 08.8%, Kuz: 28.9%

BI loves making it harder for himself by not taking wide open shots. And BI hits 41.7% of his wide open 3s.

However, an interesting thing about BI's lack of 3 point shooting came up in his Toyota interview. He said as a rookie, he couldn't get the ball to the rim on 3s because of the distance. So they tweaked his shot mechanics.

That may explain why he doesn't shoot as many, since he's not 100% comfy with it yet.

Last edited by epak on Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Man shut the hell up.
It was a dirty play. Understand you’re a hater but at least have logic behind it

take a chill pill. how old are u? 8/12?

im not the one here always running his mouth with dumb takes.

yeah idk what 8/12 age is
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

30% from 3 yields more points than Ingram does from mid-range. Kuzma's TS% is at 55.2% while Ingram's is at 52.2%.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

This is why:

BI loves making it harder for himself by not taking wide open shots. And BI hits 41.7% of his wide open 3s.

Oh I agree that Kuzma's confidence is his best attribute... I enjoy watching him play because he often is the only one playing with swagger on the entire team other than LBJ and Lance.

I also hate when BI or Lonzo hesitate on threes. If I were Luke I'd pull them when they passed up a shot just like he pulls someone when they take a defensive assignment off.

I'm only annoyed with the same few posters who trash Ingram when he did nothing wrong but get hurt on a dirty play.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Man shut the hell up.
It was a dirty play. Understand you’re a hater but at least have logic behind it

8 months old. Duh
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Man shut the hell up.

8 months old. Duh

naa im 11 months.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
epak wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

This is why:

Oh I agree that Kuzma's confidence is his best attribute... I enjoy watching him play because he often is the only one playing with swagger on the entire team other than LBJ and Lance.

I also hate when BI or Lonzo hesitate on threes. If I were Luke I'd pull them when they passed up a shot just like he pulls someone when they take a defensive assignment off.

I'm only annoyed with the same few posters who trash Ingram when he did nothing wrong but get hurt on a dirty play.

I hear ya. I hate injuries. Especially to our players.
I thought he had a good start to the game. Made DD uncomfy with his length.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject:

The Lakers are calling up Bonga for the road trip, so safe to say BI is out for the B2B. Hopefully it's not more serious than that and he can rest at home and be ready by Monday against the Heat in Staples.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

30% from 3 yields more points than Ingram does from mid-range. Kuzma's TS% is at 55.2% while Ingram's is at 52.2%.

Except Ingram is tasked with creating shots for himself and others, while Kuzma specifically is tasked with shooting open shots.

I'm not happy with Ingram, Svi, or Lonzo right now even though I'm a fan of all three because they are playing mentally weak and afraid, and letting their nerves get the best of them.

Kuzma and Lance on the other hand have no conscience and just keep shooting as long as they are on the floor. I do give Kuzma a lot of credit for making runs, and taking a lot of short floater type shots and finding ways to score even when he's gone cold from outside.

He's also been trying harder on defense, so he gets no complaints from me the last few games.

But my point is that I think people mistake that confidence for actual skill.

DLO had that swagger and he's been pinned at 51% TS for four years.

I think Ingram, Lonzo, and Svi will all come good... they just need to find their way to Kuzma's mindset. They are all their own worst enemies.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
I hate injuries. Especially to our players.

they bring out the the spoiled child side of me....I feel like I want to throw a tantrum.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
The Lakers are calling up Bonga for the road trip, so safe to say BI is out for the B2B. Hopefully it's not more serious than that and he can rest at home and be ready by Monday against the Heat in Staples.

Yea, the way he went down and stayed down, it seemed way too severe to be a one day healing sort of thing.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Yea, the way he went down and stayed down, it seemed way too severe to be a one day healing sort of thing.

Yeah he came down on it, on a full extension jumper. Straight up and down too. I think it’s gonna be a couple weeks
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:

maybe it is wishful thinking, but I thought it looked more like a roll or low ankle sprain which are usually very painful but do not linger like a high ankle sprain. Honestly, do not even know if that is true....think it is something an assistant coach in junior high told me.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
epak wrote:

maybe it is wishful thinking, but I thought it looked more like a roll or low ankle sprain which are usually very painful but do not linger like a high ankle sprain. Honestly, do not even know if that is true....think it is something an assistant coach in junior high told me.

For me, it was the extended pain he was in after the roll that concerned me. It wasn't the "walk it off" or "hop it off" type of pain.

I would trust your jr high assistant coach. In all facets of life
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

I'm not happy with Ingram, Svi, or[Lonzo right now even though I'm a fan of all three because they are playing mentally weak and afraid, and letting their nerves get the best of them.

Wait, when did Zo play mentally weak and afraid last night? During that crucial 4th quarter comeback?

And Ingram wasn't playing weak or afraid before getting hurt, and he almost never plays weak and afraid. Maybe he plays stupidly. Maybe he lacks confidence in his 3, but if anything, he's overconfident in everything else.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

I'm not happy with Ingram, Svi, or[Lonzo right now even though I'm a fan of all three because they are playing mentally weak and afraid, and letting their nerves get the best of them.

Wait, when did Zo play mentally weak and afraid last night? During that crucial 4th quarter comeback?

And Ingram wasn't playing weak or afraid before getting hurt, and he almost never plays weak and afraid. Maybe he plays stupidly. Maybe he lacks confidence in his 3, but if anything, he's overconfident in everything else.

Zo has been much better for awhile... overall, I'm happy with him.

But he still shies away from a lot of open shots. Nervous about getting to the line.

Ingram is afraid of the three... at least from what I see.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
epak wrote:

I think it is true, about low vs high ankle sprains with low being “better”.

However, what concerns me about Ingram’s ankle is it’s not like it happened on a cut, or he stepped on someone’s shoe and tweaked it.

He landed with his full weight on it after a straight up and down jump. That’s what concerns as far as his ability to return quickly.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/3cbPerformance/status/1070563461552164870

This Doc thinks it’s a day to day diagnosis , If he knows something then we will have him back on Monday against Miami, it wouldn’t be smart to play him in a back 2 back.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

Because he steps up which Ingram doesn't do as much for whatever reason.

Kuzma took 19 shots this past game, in a game where we needed some to step up as a secondary scorer. Ingram has yet to do that even once this season.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Man shut the hell up.

I think it's like 7/11 without the slushies.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Because he steps up which Ingram doesn't do as much for whatever reason.

Kuzma took 19 shots this past game, in a game where we needed some to step up as a secondary scorer. Ingram has yet to do that even once this season.

Most negative comments here are that he takes too many shots... now you are saying he takes too few?

I agree with those here that say Ingram needs to take the open threes.

My only point is that if Kuzma was forced to play point forward, create his own shot... and pass to Ingram (which he doesn't seem to like to do).

Then he might look more awkward, and Ingram might look like the smoother player.

I like both of them... just don't get why Ingram gets most of the criticism.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject:

He was starting to gel with Lebron offensively, finding his stride scoring 5 points in the first 5 mins leading the team while also putting the clamps on DeRozan. Glad Aldridge got called for a flagrant 1 on that dirty play. Hope he gets better and is back on the court soon, we need him out there getting more reps.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1470, 1471, 1472 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1471 of 1885
Jump to: