The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 921, 922, 923 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CalisFinest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:19 pm    Post subject:

Love this guy so much. Crazy how hard I used to root against him.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:36 pm    Post subject:

LeBron’s post game was all about giving huge props to the kids in Kuz, Zo, and Hart for making the big shots and the right plays down the stretch.

He’s all about the big picture about getting the kids ready and continue to grow.

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:38 pm    Post subject:

Gregg Popovich was asked about the challenge of guardingLeBron James.

"Have you watched LeBron play before?" Popovich said. "He is LeBron James. That's what makes him difficult to guard."

Source: Matthew Moreno https://twitter.com/MMoreno1015/status/1070579957326204928
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:40 pm    Post subject:

He was downright dominant in that 4th quarter. What a joy to watch. Can’t wait for Playoff LeBron (combined with Playoff Rondo). Playoffs this year will be fun.
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:24 am    Post subject:

LebrAAAWWWN JAAAAAAAAAAAMES
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:36 am    Post subject:

Coasted for 3 quarters and let the kids play. Then just turned on a switch to beast mode in the 4th.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:03 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
What concerns me isn't that Lebron is missing too many shots, but that he's missing shots at key moments. He's killing momentum and he's letting us down during "winning time". Sure, his numbers are good, but his shooting is not winning us games.

Funny reading these month old quotes from this very thread. Someone should dig up some older ones for a good laugh.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:38 am    Post subject:

The best basketball player in the world. And he's a Laker.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:05 am    Post subject:

Well now...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:07 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
I knew he was gonna be good but I didn't think he could have a better season than last season. Just when you think he already peaked...

That's why I wanna win now. We want to win this year and not wait around for another star. If Lebron could keep this up in the playoffs (which he mostly would), we should be able to compete with GS for that ring. Our core is steadily improving. We're jelling. Now we've got a half season plus to take it to the next level.

It's a shame we're wasting a year of his post-prime, but LBJ no doubt signed off on it. He did a 3+1 deal so he's not going anywhere. But man, if we could have had a true #2 behind him right now. I understand the Warriors look stacked but it would have been amazing to see.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
I knew he was gonna be good but I didn't think he could have a better season than last season. Just when you think he already peaked...

That's why I wanna win now. We want to win this year and not wait around for another star. If Lebron could keep this up in the playoffs (which he mostly would), we should be able to compete with GS for that ring. Our core is steadily improving. We're jelling. Now we've got a half season plus to take it to the next level.

It's a shame we're wasting a year of his post-prime, but LBJ no doubt signed off on it. He did a 3+1 deal so he's not going anywhere. But man, if we could have had a true #2 behind him right now. I understand the Warriors look stacked but it would have been amazing to see.

Too bad PG is a coward.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:50 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Too bad PG is a coward.

And PG will always be under WB's shadow in OKC. OKC's is WB's town. Well, PG's doing fine in OKC but he could have easily had similar success here in his hometown on a larger platform. Oh well.
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject:

YOOOOOO !!!! Long Live The King!!!!

So busy watching the kids trying to grow up, I forget to watch how great the DEMONSTRATIONS are that this man is putting down on this league.

Long Live The King!!!!Long Live The King!!!!
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:10 am    Post subject:

PER 36, he's having his highest PPG in his career at 29.4 (61.3 TS%). Unless he's having a major injury, he'll have a very productive tenure with the Lakers, because offensively there is absolutely no sign of him slowing down. That's 154M$ well spent...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject:

More importantly, he's lifted this franchise from bottom dweller team to playoff hunt.

If I'm a FA to be in some obscure market, I'd be looking to join a team with LBJ who is no longer in dreary Cleveland. More market exposure and chances to get endorsements.

It's a shame that someone like AD has been toiling in NO (otherwise a fine city but not a basketball town) with little fanfare.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:33 am    Post subject:

This gentleman is beyond comprehension.

Royalty.
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Too bad PG is a coward.

The Lakers had their chance to acquire PG from Indiana and make their own case for him to resign here. In hindsight dealing BI + salary filler may have been enough? Ingram was certainly a higher rated prospect than either Sabonis or Oladipo at the time (of course both those kids have broken out since but the Pacers were panned at the time for that deal)..
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject:

daytripper wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Too bad PG is a coward.

The Lakers had their chance to acquire PG from Indiana and make their own case for him to resign here. In hindsight dealing BI + salary filler may have been enough? Ingram was certainly a higher rated prospect than either Sabonis or Oladipo at the time (of course both those kids have broken out since but the Pacers were panned at the time for that deal)..

It would require much more than just BI/filler IMO.

Strangely enough, when guys asked to be traded to a preferred team/city, it seems like the incumbent team does exactly the opposite of what they want.

Both PG/KL wanted Lakers/LA; they were sent to OKC/Toronto.

I don't think owners like to reward their disgruntled star by caving into their trade demands.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
daytripper wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Too bad PG is a coward.

It would require much more than just BI/filler IMO.

Strangely enough, when guys asked to be traded to a preferred team/city, it seems like the incumbent team does exactly the opposite of what they want.

Both PG/KL wanted Lakers/LA; they were sent to OKC/Toronto.

I don't think owners like to reward their disgruntled star by caving into their trade demands.

Especially if there trade demands are to go to the Lakers. Most other teams they are ok with. The Laker hate and jealously is real.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject:

If I was PG, I would say, "trade me to the Pels."

Pacers then trade him to the Lakers.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Too bad PG is a coward.

He has no love for our franchise. When you don’t even give Magic an eye to eye to tell him your intentions... you mark yourself in Lakernation. He and Russ can enjoy the sticks, and go fishing while fondling each others nuts for all I care. Dead to me.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject:

That was an impressive win and James effort!

Certainly makes life easier for the rest of the team to have a marquee HoF type player to control and dominate a game again.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
More importantly, he's lifted this franchise from bottom dweller team to playoff hunt.

If I'm a FA to be in some obscure market, I'd be looking to join a team with LBJ who is no longer in dreary Cleveland. More market exposure and chances to get endorsements.

It's a shame that someone like AD has been toiling in NO (otherwise a fine city but not a basketball town) with little fanfare.

I can see the other side of the coin where we add 2nd tier players this offseason Maybe we don't hit the big free agency jackpot? Names like Middleton, Walker, Vucevic.

I'm leaning more then ever toward wanting Klay. Even though KD is the prize my eyes.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject:

damm i woke up smiling this morning.

this dude is something else
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I can see the other side of the coin where we add 2nd tier players this offseason Maybe we don't hit the big free agency jackpot? Names like Middleton, Walker, Vucevic.

I'm leaning more then ever toward wanting Klay. Even though KD is the prize my eyes.

I don't think anybody on that Warriors team wants to play with him. Too much bad blood, and we've already heard KD's take. I think Kawhi is out of the question too because of his personality and not wanting what comes with playing with lebron. At this point I think it's Anthony Davis or bust. We have to get somebody that can carry us once lebron retires or starts breaking down. We do not want to be this year's Cavs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 921, 922, 923 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 922 of 2079
Jump to: