OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1368, 1369, 1370 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:45 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/1070581159631872000

Hmm. I heard the interview on TV and didn't hear him mention Zo. Thought pop was referring to lebron on the drives. And I don't think pop would call Lonzo by Zo. But maybe I missed it.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:10 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

Hmm. I heard the interview on TV and didn't hear him mention Zo. Thought pop was referring to lebron on the drives. And I don't think pop would call Lonzo by Zo. But maybe I missed it.

Did you mean short post match interview to TV channel? This seems to be from post match press conference to the press/media according to Tania's tweet. That tend to be longer.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:17 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
epak wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

Did you mean short post match interview to TV channel? This seems to be from post match press conference to the press/media according to Tania's tweet. That tend to be longer.

I'm referring to the short scrum meet in the hallway.
Looking for it online...
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:19 am    Post subject:

Postgame Interview: Lonzo Ball

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:23 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
epak wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

Looking for it online...

Yup, he doesn't say Zo. He said "drove."
Tania wrong again.
Or that the memo is wrong. Sigh.

Last edited by epak on Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:28 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
epak wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
epak wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

Looking for it online...

Yup, he doesn't say Zo.
He said "drove" not Zo.
Tell Tania she's wrong again
Or that the memo is wrong

Wow. So he was talking about Bron. That makes sense since the Tweet said 4th quarter and ZO didn't drive and dish much if at all in the 4th. It was all LeBron scoring and creating.

Transcript complied by Matt Holmes though so not Tania's fault.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:32 am    Post subject:

Lonzo balling!!
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:33 am    Post subject:

HLs:

tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:48 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
tox wrote:
Anyone else noticing a few more instances of Lonzo just giving up on closing out and contesting 3s (a la LeBron)? Not to take away from his game but those possessions are annoying me.

Haven't paid attention to that. Was this early in the 4th quarter when Spurs had a run? He closed down one corner three covering a lot of ground though and the player missed. I was impressed by that.

Yeah it was early in the 4th, that one point guard I don't remember (Forbes I think?) had an open 3 after Lonzo helped too far onto DeRozan, and Lonzo didn't even bother running to him. He shot a flat 3 which rimmed out but the lack of effort did bug me a bit. He did something similar against the Mavs IIRC towards the end of the game.

Don't get me wrong, motor is a plus, not a negative with him. I think that's why it stands out so much
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:34 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:

Pop is just thirsty for our version of djounte murray
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:59 am    Post subject:

Lonzo and LBJ pnr is joy to watch.....
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:32 am    Post subject:

Let's go, kid!!!!
ForumBlueFrank
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Good game tonight. Freethrows atrocious tho

Atrocious? He didn't shoot a free throw the entire game until the last seconds when he was intentionally fouled after grabbing a monster rebound, where he made 1-2.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject:

ZO is very close to coming to the realization that he should be a 15 point per game scorer to go with his great d and rebounding. This kid will be special once he figures it out.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:43 am    Post subject:

In his peak, I expect:

1. all-NBA 1st team defender
2. 15-17ppg/9-10apg/2.5spg/38% from 3s on high volume.

Out of our young remaining core, he's actually showing some elite traits (defense/passing) right now.

Exciting stuff. I would keep him unless we are getting a bona fide star in return. He provides defense and passing on this team and doesn't need high usage.
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:45 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
tox wrote:
Anyone else noticing a few more instances of Lonzo just giving up on closing out and contesting 3s (a la LeBron)? Not to take away from his game but those possessions are annoying me.

Haven't paid attention to that. Was this early in the 4th quarter when Spurs had a run? He closed down one corner three covering a lot of ground though and the player missed. I was impressed by that.

Yeah it was early in the 4th, that one point guard I don't remember (Forbes I think?) had an open 3 after Lonzo helped too far onto DeRozan, and Lonzo didn't even bother running to him. He shot a flat 3 which rimmed out but the lack of effort did bug me a bit. He did something similar against the Mavs IIRC towards the end of the game.

Don't get me wrong, motor is a plus, not a negative with him. I think that's why it stands out so much

He played 40 minutes last night and puts in much more effort defensively on and off the ball than anyone on the team. That has to be tiring. At that point of the game, he was probably at or near 30 minutes played already, which is more minutes than Luke typically gives him. I'm more apt to chalk that up to just needing a blow than anything else.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:00 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
Lonzo and LBJ pnr is joy to watch.....

Someone mentioned Zo learning how to keep the defender on his hip, that's going to be big.
The PnR, regardless of whose setting between them is paying dividends already.

Once Zo gets more comfortable its going to be 3ven more effective. I mean there are so many variations because of the personnel, really exciting stuff.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:04 am    Post subject:

I didn't see this one coming, keep going Zo !

https://streamable.com/xenmm
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:24 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
In his peak, I expect:

Out of our young remaining core, he's actually showing some elite traits (defense/passing) right now.

Exciting stuff. I would keep him unless we are getting a bona fide star in return. He provides defense and passing on this team and doesn't need high usage.

Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
In his peak, I expect:

I wish I saw what you guys see, but I just don't. Last night was the first time in a couple weeks when I was able to watch most of the game. I focused on Ball. I saw a guy who generally played good defense, but who got out of position from time to time. He would go charging after a wide open shooter or would flail his arms around at someone shooting a layup. The effort is nice, I guess, but he was beaten.

On offense, the other team pretty much ignored him. He would shoot when he had to shoot, otherwise he would get the ball out of his hands as quick as he could. For the most part, he was not a creator. I saw two or three zero leverage assists where he was just a conduit. He was open when he got the ball, and he passed the ball to someone else who was open. He did make a couple nice passes, including one of his full court passes to Lebron and an interior pass to Kuzma. The dunk early in the game showed us what he ought to be. He followed it with a couple weak drives that showed us what he actually is.

So I got up this morning and, as I expected, everyone from DB on down is raving about what a great game he had. Well, he wasn't bad. At times, he played well. But I didn't see anything to get excited about.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
In his peak, I expect:

I wish I saw what you guys see, but I just don't. Last night was the first time in a couple weeks when I was able to watch most of the game. I focused on Ball. I saw a guy who generally played good defense, but who got out of position from time to time. He would go charging after a wide open shooter or would flail his arms around at someone shooting a layup. The effort is nice, I guess, but he was beaten.

On offense, the other team pretty much ignored him. He would shoot when he had to shoot, otherwise he would get the ball out of his hands as quick as he could. For the most part, he was not a creator. I saw two or three zero leverage assists where he was just a conduit. He was open when he got the ball, and he passed the ball to someone else who was open. He did make a couple nice passes, including one of his full court passes to Lebron and an interior pass to Kuzma. The dunk early in the game showed us what he ought to be. He followed it with a couple weak drives that showed us what he actually is.

So I got up this morning and, as I expected, everyone from DB on down is raving about what a great game he had. Well, he wasn't bad. At times, he played well. But I didn't see anything to get excited about.

His defense and passing are elite traits.

He's building from that foundation.

I can't say BI/Kuz/Hart have any elite traits that are developed at this point.

If you're focusing on his offense, no dispute there. It's a major work in progress.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
In his peak, I expect:

Been saying it since last season
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

If you're focusing on his offense, no dispute there. It's a major work in progress.

I am yet to see anything in his passing that exceeds the norms for an NBA point guard. I keep waiting to see it, because so many of you insist that he has "elite court vision" and generational basketball IQ. I see him making the same sorts of passes as the average NBA point guard. Occasionally, he makes a great, high leverage pass. But so do all of the other NBA quality point guards. I want to believe that all of you are right and I am wrong, but when I watch the games, I just don't see what you see.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
That dunk!

Someone on here said he couldn't jump off one leg and dunk with one hand.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I am yet to see anything in his passing that exceeds the norms for an NBA point guard. I keep waiting to see it, because so many of you insist that he has "elite court vision" and generational basketball IQ. I see him making the same sorts of passes as the average NBA point guard. Occasionally, he makes a great, high leverage pass. But so do all of the other NBA quality point guards. I want to believe that all of you are right and I am wrong, but when I watch the games, I just don't see what you see.

I'm sorry you're missing out.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1368, 1369, 1370 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1369 of 1688
Jump to: