Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 646, 647, 648 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
repandpresent
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
Ok I am not watching anymore games until Luke is fires.

It’s frustrating to watch when the coach is a complete idiot.
And Popvich is simply owning him.

This is almost as frustrating watching Derek Fisher late in his career, when he was getting light up by every scrub point guard every night.
And made Kobe expend energy down the stretch to guard them.
And when Derek Fisher choose to try to make a layup.

Aww. So sorry to hear. So now we get even more professional insight from people not even watching games. This thread never fails.

One thing Luke brings to LG are burner accounts and new members signing up just to blame Luke even during our highest winning percentage in years.

I regard Pop as the goat coach and he’s struggling with the injuries. No one is screaming for him to get fired. Or Brad Stevens for that matter. Or Kirk Snyder. Should we go with Luke hater logic and crown Doc Rivers coach of the century? A offensive guru perhaps?

Or take away Mike D’antoni label as an offensive mastermind? This is fun, this whole say whatever lies to prove a failing point.

For Lebron and Rondo to keep in line is saying something. They both have no issues calling out crappy coaching and it’s been pretty silent on their front.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Just don't bench Lonzo when Rondo is back. Recognize that Lonzo is one of your better defender and Rondo isn't, and play them accordingly.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:51 pm    Post subject:

^ big problem here...opinion without watching the games
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject:

So with Ingram out...with who knows how long for, Hart is the logical starter now.

Ball
Hart
Lebron
Kuzma
Chandler

Bench rotation should be interesting. I wonder if we will see more Wagner?
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:02 pm    Post subject:

Some nice adjustments during the second half, especially in 4th. Still I do not like the five he put on the floor in one moment. It was disaster with Svi on the floor. Just give more minutes to KCP or Josh or even Lance even if he is crap.
We already have enough of young guys playing , dont need one more. His place is in G league now.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Lebron continues to save his ass.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:04 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:

True. We need to trade Bron.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo should be guarding the bigger of the guards with Hart out there. Almost cost the game puttin hart on gay and drz
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
So with Ingram out...with who knows how long for, Hart is the logical starter now.

Ball
Hart
Lebron
Kuzma
Chandler

Luke probably starts KCP

I love basketball. *Metta voice*
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:22 pm    Post subject:

yuurin98 wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Ball
Hart
Lebron
Kuzma
Chandler

Luke probably starts KCP

No way. KCP coming off the bench has been and will continue to be his calling.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:24 pm    Post subject:

It's gotta be

PG: Lonzo
SG: Kuzma
SF: LeBron
PF: Hart
C: McGee

2nd best 5 man lineup.
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:33 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Ball
Hart
Lebron
Kuzma
Chandler

Luke probably starts KCP

I love Hart but KCP played more minutes today. Indicating that he probably starts next game, and that's okay, he's been playing well lately.

Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject:

yuurin98 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Ball
Hart
Lebron
Kuzma
Chandler

Luke probably starts KCP

I love Hart but KCP played more minutes today. Indicating that he probably starts next game, and that's okay, he's been playing well lately.

KCP played more minutes cause Hart was in foul trouble. And guess which player played the most of the 4th quarter?

What the hell are you smoking?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject:

yuurin98 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Ball
Hart
Lebron
Kuzma
Chandler

Luke probably starts KCP

Hart fouls were a factor no?
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:37 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Ball
Hart
Lebron
Kuzma
Chandler

Luke probably starts KCP

I'm just saying, if Hart starts next game I'll be as stoked as you would.

Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:40 pm    Post subject:

yuurin98 wrote:
epak wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Ball
Hart
Lebron
Kuzma
Chandler

Luke probably starts KCP

“Just saying” what?
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:
epak wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Ball
Hart
Lebron
Kuzma
Chandler

Luke probably starts KCP

“Just saying” what?

I'm just guessing what Luke might do next game, nobody knows who will start next game unless Luke already said so.

miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:43 am    Post subject:

That Lance/KCP/Svi/Beasley/McGee line up was horrible. Hope not to see that line up together again. Very low IQ line up.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:24 am    Post subject:

Luke was forced a rough hand with Bi being hurt then 2 fouls on Kuzma and Hart early so he had to play an interesting lineup out there.

Like actually drew a nice play out of a time out that got McGee (?) a dunk out of a time out but I didn’t see it mentioned.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:44 am    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
Luke was forced a rough hand with Bi being hurt then 2 fouls on Kuzma and Hart early so he had to play an interesting lineup out there.

Like actually drew a nice play out of a time out that got McGee (?) a dunk out of a time out but I didn’t see it mentioned.

I would have subbed out Zo 2-3 minutes left in the 1st. Had him start the 2nd quarter, along side Kuzma. But I think Hart having 3 fouls cause Walton to over think again.
Jarmusch
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:41 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:

yeah, and how many seasons all timers like phil and pop coached without a superstar and a buddy all star player on their team? must be like 3 seasons combined in 30+ years of nba coaching. Players play and win stuff in the nba, coaches dont matter all that much without adequate talent.

And luke doesnt even have an all star to pair with lebron.

I mean, i understand the criticism and all but its soooo easy to scapegoat coaches, they're kinda isolated and in a weaker position than either gm and important players, and are usually judged by "what have you done for me lately?". Even Brad Stevens got questioned after great runs in boston with subpar rosters, when you win you're good, when you lose you suck, thats how coaches get judged in the nba in general and its unreasonable
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject:

Jarmusch wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

yeah, and how many seasons all timers like phil and pop coached without a superstar and a buddy all star player on their team? must be like 3 seasons combined in 30+ years of nba coaching. Players play and win stuff in the nba, coaches dont matter all that much without adequate talent.

I mean, i understand the criticism and all but its soooo easy to scapegoat coaches, they're kinda isolated and in a weaker position than either gm and important players, and are usually judged by "what have you done for me lately?". Even Brad Stevens got questioned after great runs in boston with subpar rosters, when you win you're good, when you lose you suck, thats how coaches get judged in the nba in general and its unreasonable

I'm not sure if Luke is an XO's type of guy. I'm reading that he's not. And I'm not sure if that's what you need from a head coach if that's the only thing he brings. People say Hoiberg was an offensive genius. But he got let go.

From what I read, Luke is a good people person and good communicator. If I needed a coach and had to choose between a good people person/communicator/motivator vs a purely XOs guy, I'd go with the former.

Now ideally you'd want both. But those type of people don't grow on trees right? To a certain degree, I agree with those that say he should get an offensive guru for an assistant. But the season is young. The team improved on defense. Perhaps the offense comes down the road as well.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Jarmusch wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

I'm not sure if Luke is an XO's type of guy. I'm reading that he's not. And I'm not sure if that's what you need from a head coach if that's the only thing he brings. People say Hoiberg was an offensive genius. But he got let go.

From what I read, Luke is a good people person and good communicator. If I needed a coach and had to choose between a good people person/communicator/motivator vs a purely XOs guy, I'd go with the former.

Now ideally you'd want both. But those type of people don't grow on trees right? To a certain degree, I agree with those that say he should get an offensive guru for an assistant. But the season is young. The team improved on defense. Perhaps the offense comes down the road as well.

The offense is Lebron.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject:

So does Luke go KCP here or Hart?

I hope it’s Hart. KCP can create his own shot with the second unit.
Jarmusch
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Jarmusch wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

i mean, yeah, ideally you would want better assistants for luke but if he doesnt trust em, might as well fire him cause that wont work. So, ideally those kind of conclusions should come from walton himself.

Phil wasnt an x's and o's guy either, but he found an offense he liked and went straight to the guru as his assistant, so, it could happen and maybe should happen next summer
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 646, 647, 648 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 647 of 818
Jump to: