OFFICIAL: College Football 2018 Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
I thought he would be a lifer at Ohio State since thats his alma mater,but is the reason for the rumors of him leaving for another job because of what happened this past offseason?

In part. He was clearly pissed off about the suspension. But he seems to be something of a butterfly, and besides he really does have some health issues.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
I'm going to go to Texas to watch my Irish beat up on Clemson. Got the ticket last night getting the plane ticket tomorrow.

Glad the game is in Dallas they have no shot in Miami its where Irish dreams go die.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Conspiracy theory alert: Watch for Urban Meyer sightings in Los Angeles in 2019.

was going to say ā€“ part one of your theory has come to fruition

the best part will be to watch the Ohio State fans who have been defending him to Gator fans in recent seasons adopt the role of Gator fan.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
I was going to wait until closer to the game.....but I am going out on that limb! If Hollywood Brown is healthy for the playoff game, Oklahoma will beat Alabama straight up.

Is he going to play defense as well? Lol that OU defense is trash with horrible tackling. This one is over by mid third quarter

when it happens, be sure to come back and ask me how I knew.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Heisman finalists.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25445709/tua-tagovailoa-kyler-murray-dwayne-haskins-finalists-heisman-trophy

Iā€™d be surprised if Murray upset Tagovailoa. It could be closer than people think, though.

Murray is now the betting favorite, so we'll see. He's -170, while Tua is at +130.

I think Murray deserves it. I have questioned how Tua could be deserving all season when he played almost every snap with little to no pressure. He could throw for 400 yards or throw 4 interceptions and 'Bama was still going to win almost every game. Kyler had to perform at a high level almost every drive, and in the end, put up better numbers than Tua. I think the final weekend sealed the deal when we finally saw Alabama get pushed, and Tua performed poorly, ultimately needing Hurts to save the game.....while Kyler carried his team the last few weeks drive after drive.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
I'm going to go to Texas to watch my Irish beat up on Clemson. Got the ticket last night getting the plane ticket tomorrow.

Glad the game is in Dallas they have no shot in Miami its where Irish dreams go die.

Gameplan, defense and Book/Williams.....

that is what it will come down to for ND in my opinion. I do not know the first, but I assume it will involve keeping the Clemson offense off the field as much as possible.....they will need to try to make Lawrence uncomfortable and contain Etienne.....and finally their guys will have to make some plays.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject:

Kliff bringing the Air Raid to USC.....this should be interesting. JT better get some ice for that arm.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

Not no more1 ND got a more balance team, We are also getting back some key players.

Last edited by noahp45 on Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

Gameplan, defense and Book/Williams.....

that is what it will come down to for ND in my opinion. I do not know the first, but I assume it will involve keeping the Clemson offense off the field as much as possible.....they will need to try to make Lawrence uncomfortable and contain Etienne.....and finally their guys will have to make some plays.

Shut down Clemson Run Game and make the Freshman win the game. Clemson D is beast but they use their front line to set the pace, ND has a great Offensive Line.

The way the Irsh handled LSU last year makes me think they will be able to handle Clemson this year.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Remember way back in 2014.....the Sugar Bowl featured #3 Alabama vs. #11 Oklahoma. Alabama was a 17.5 point favorite....the largest point spread in the history of BCS games...then they played the game....

Alabama - 31
Oklahoma - 45
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:52 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Kliff bringing the Air Raid to USC.....this should be interesting. JT better get some ice for that arm.

If he even keeps the job. USC does have other options at QB.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:00 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Remember way back in 2014.....the Sugar Bowl featured #3 Alabama vs. #11 Oklahoma. Alabama was a 17.5 point favorite....the largest point spread in the history of BCS games...then they played the game....

Alabama - 31
Oklahoma - 45

I remember the game well, and one of my friends put $500 on OU to cover. His theory was that Alabama just wouldn't have any competitive fire that night, feeling that the game would be a huge letdown for them after having lost their final regular season game, the Iron Bowl against Auburn, to fall out of the BCS Championship Game.

One thing I know for sure is that 'Bama won't lack motivation this time. That's not to say that an upset couldn't happen, as dynamic dual-threat QB's have given Saban teams fits at times (Cam Newton, Manziel, etc.) Plus, Kyler is probably going to win the Heisman, and the team with the Heisman Trophy-winner usually loses, right?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Alabama - 31
Oklahoma - 45

I remember the game well, and one of my friends put $500 on OU to cover. His theory was that Alabama just wouldn't have any competitive fire that night, feeling that the game would be a huge letdown for them after having lost their final regular season game, the Iron Bowl against Auburn, to fall out of the BCS Championship Game.

One thing I know for sure is that 'Bama won't lack motivation this time. That's not to say that an upset couldn't happen, as dynamic dual-threat QB's have given Saban teams fits at times (Cam Newton, Manziel, etc.) Plus, Kyler is probably going to win the Heisman, and the team with the Heisman Trophy-winner usually loses, right?

I do not doubt the motivation thing has been a factor in many bowl games, but it is difficult to say when it is and is not.....especially when it is the go to excuse for the losing team. I mean this was back in the BCS era when every player played, and the BCS games were still very big....not sure why a 10-2 Oklahoma team would be motivated but a 11-1 Alabama team would not be motivated.

I actually think 'Bama may have better odds if Tua cannot go, and Hurts plays QB....forcing them to play more of a ball control running attack....keeping Murray and the Sooner offense off the field. I think in modern college football, defense matters, but offense wins, and speed kills.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject:

Kyler Murray wins AP college football Player of the Year

LINK
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Alabama - 31
Oklahoma - 45

Yes Sir

Bama struggles wit ha running QB that can pass.

I would love to see Bama lose to Oklahoma. Just cant trust THeir defense to stop BAma
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
I would love to see Bama lose to Oklahoma. Just cant trust THeir defense to stop BAma

fwiw, Texas offense is no joke, and Oklahoma stepped up against them in the championship game....

Rick Neuheisel went on a little rant the other day on the radio and made a lot of sense....we all act (including me) like we know how teams will match up from different conferences, but we really have little idea. Alabama has never seen a Big12 offense......Oklahoma has never seen a SEC defensive front. He even went into UCF....talking about how they utilize 4 different running backs every game....each having their own specialty and it is only pure speculation that Alabama would fare any better than other schools have in the past because at the end of the day Adrian Killins Jr. is still faster than anyone on Alabama's defense....just like he has been against every other defense he has faced.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

fwiw, Texas offense is no joke, and Oklahoma stepped up against them in the championship game....

Rick Neuheisel went on a little rant the other day on the radio and made a lot of sense....we all act (including me) like we know how teams will match up from different conferences, but we really have little idea. Alabama has never seen a Big12 offense......Oklahoma has never seen a SEC defensive front. He even went into UCF....talking about how they utilize 4 different running backs every game....each having their own specialty and it is only pure speculation that Alabama would fare any better than other schools have in the past because at the end of the day Adrian Killins Jr. is still faster than anyone on Alabama's defense....just like he has been against every other defense he has faced.

I can agree to that.

Just haft top wait and see now. I cant stand Bama because of all the ESPN love.

So if they can Take an L to a team they are supposed to destroy. I can be real happy.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Conspiracy theory alert: Watch for Urban Meyer sightings in Los Angeles in 2019.

the best part will be to watch the Ohio State fans who have been defending him to Gator fans in recent seasons adopt the role of Gator fan.

My OSU friend thinks this will be different(I said this was going to happen that he was going to bail etc) because he's from here and he had a cyst in his brain that he had operated on this time his health is really compromised...
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

My OSU friend thinks this will be different(I said this was going to happen that he was going to bail etc) because he's from here and he had a cyst in his brain that he had operated on this time his health is really compromised...

maybe, time will tell....but I can still dream of him taking the FSU or Michigan job in 2 years.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Will Grier betrays his team and Moutaineer nation....announcing he will skip the bowl game.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject:

not sure if fans who did not watch a lot of Big 12 games are familiar with this kid....but when he was healthy, he was special....

Kansas suspends RB Pooka Williams after domestic battery arrest

LINK
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject:

This Army-Navy game is pretty darn entertaining
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
This Army-Navy game is pretty darn entertaining

hell yeah it is....that was a monster hit by Army on 3rd and 12
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Will Grier betrays his team and Moutaineer nation....announcing he will skip the bowl game.

We're just going to keep seeing more and more of this. Heck, you're even seeing some guys stop playing in the middle of seasons.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Kyler Murray wins Heisman
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 28 of 40
Jump to: