Yes, It's a Celtics Story - Yes, it's Worth a Read (re: AD)

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject: Yes, It's a Celtics Story - Yes, it's Worth a Read (re: AD)

Hey all,

Latest @BleacherReport Boston Celtics Might Need to Slow Their Roll on Anthony Davis Dreams - with contracts coming up, the Clippers/Grizzlies/Kings significantly better than a year ago, and Jaylen Brown slumping - Boston's assets are depreciating: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2808949-boston-celtics-might-need-to-slow-their-roll-on-anthony-davis-dreams

Cheers,

EP
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Why aren’t the Bulls a prime destination for AD? His hometown is close to Chicago and the Bulls have a lot of young assets they can dangle, is the dysfunction in the Bulls organization the reason why they are ignored as a trade candidate?
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Why aren’t the Bulls a prime destination for AD? His hometown is close to Chicago and the Bulls have a lot of young assets they can dangle, is the dysfunction in the Bulls organization the reason why they are ignored as a trade candidate?
I really don't know if this applies to AD, but some people don't actually want to, or care much about, playing in the city of their childhood when they are adults. This even applies to people who grew up in Los Angeles, sometimes.

For example, I really don't see Lebron moving back to Cleveland on a permanent basis, ever again. He's done all he can in and for that city, and more.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I really don't know if this applies to AD, but some people don't actually want to, or care much about, playing in the city of their childhood when they are adults. This even applies to people who grew up in Los Angeles, sometimes.

For example, I really don't see Lebron moving back to Cleveland on a permanent basis, ever again. He's done all he can in and for that city, and more.

I think the young guys in the NBA care about city and location compared to the seniors in the NBA, cause they wanna have a chance to play in front of there friends and family, like you said LeBron already accomplished everything for Cleveland, but it absolutely helps that Davis is with Klutch and we have 2 Klutch clients in LeBron and KCP to make room for his arrival.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

I think the young guys in the NBA care about city and location compared to the seniors in the NBA, cause they wanna have a chance to play in front of there friends and family, like you said LeBron already accomplished everything for Cleveland, but it absolutely helps that Davis is with Klutch and we have 2 Klutch clients in LeBron and KCP to make room for his arrival.

When you're wealthy this is less of an issue--you can always fly friends and family out to games. But if you're not in your home town you at least don't have every person that you spoke to once at some party in high school hitting you up for tickets or whatever all the time. And by the time you're established in the NBA, your circle of friends is going to resemble more and more who you've been working with and hanging out with in your current city and job and lifestyle, like any other adult. In the case of AD, he's been in New Orleans for 7 years and I believe he has an offseason residence in LA. I'd argue that when you're 26 and incredibly successful, going back home to hang out with people you hung out with when you were a kid is quite the opposite of what you want to do. If you add in that the job available back home is with a dysfunctional, non-competitive franchise, it is exceedingly unlikely he's going to be interested.
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Interesting variety of responses about this article in r/nba reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/a2swdq/pincus_boston_has_managed_its_assets_well_to/?sort=top

unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Great article, any negative story about Boston has a happy ending for me...!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

When you're wealthy this is less of an issue--you can always fly friends and family out to games. But if you're not in your home town you at least don't have every person that you spoke to once at some party in high school hitting you up for tickets or whatever all the time. And by the time you're established in the NBA, your circle of friends is going to resemble more and more who you've been working with and hanging out with in your current city and job and lifestyle, like any other adult. In the case of AD, he's been in New Orleans for 7 years and I believe he has an offseason residence in LA. I'd argue that when you're 26 and incredibly successful, going back home to hang out with people you hung out with when you were a kid is quite the opposite of what you want to do. If you add in that the job available back home is with a dysfunctional, non-competitive franchise, it is exceedingly unlikely he's going to be interested.

I won’t argue with that cause you bring up solid point.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:52 pm    Post subject:

Buck Foston!
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Great article, any negative story about Boston has a happy ending for me...!

I hope that Sac pick is not in the top 10. That would really put a wrench in their plans..
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject:

I generally don't open any article about Boston unless its something like:

"Celtic team bus catches on fire"

"Celtics lose"

"Lakers punk the Celtics"
BirdMagicLegend
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject:

A couple things here. First off, Kyrie already has pledged to resign with Boston. Of course, he can go back on his pledge but I only see that happening if they are upset in the playoffs by a team that they should not lose to like the Pacers or the Pistons. Raptors, 76ers and Bucks are going to be really tough matchups irregardless.

Most Celtics fans were not really expecting to get an AD this season. It's a nice dream to have but unrealistic and they would have to give up a lot most likely Tatum, Horford and picks which is not really worth it in my opinion. There was a lot of AD talk last year too.

Horford opting out can actually make way for the Celtics to sign AD or Durant or another star player next season. Furthermore, AD did say one of the teams he is willing to go to is Boston so who knows. Can Horford get paid as much on other teams as Boston?

The picks are nice to have but we already have too many good players so they would be better used to obtain a player who can help us in the playoffs at this point. However, even mid range picks can be valuable. After all, we got Terry Rozier at pick 16 so Ainge will have to do the best he can with them.

Finally, their record should be better but Hayward is still trying to get back to the player he was in Utah and Brad Stevens had been forcing him into the starting lineup at the expense of Tatum and Brown so the team chemistry had major issues.

However, Hayward just had a dominant game in Minnesota scoring 30 points 9 rebounds and several assists. It's a great sign that he is slowly making his way back but it will be a process. I had to tell several fellow fans the same thing just to be patient with him. However, I thought he should have gone to the much sooner.

Oh yes my Beat LA shirt Red Sox edition is pretty sweet.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject:

LOL, Lakers ranked higher than the Celtics:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-power-rankings-defense-fuels-warriors-back-to-no-1-serves-as-big-key-to-giannis-bucks-success/
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: