The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1517, 1518, 1519 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Without Mintz Jules is probably here for at least a year.

A reasonable agent probably could have talked Jules into playing on the QO, getting the spotlight with LBJ and parlaying that into a huge deal in 2019.

But Mintz was ready to go to war with the Lakers and probably handed Jules a 500 pound weight to free fall off Lakers land.

Slamming Russell post-trade, may be one of the more costlier mistakes the Maginka regime has made. Magic specifically took some pointed shots at Russ which a blind can see hurt us with Randle. Many blame Luke but its on Magic more than Wallton. When a Magic book (another) maybe we will learn why ...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:39 am    Post subject:

Mind boggling how we have posters in the General Discussion threads drooling over every basket Randle made or every pass Dlo made but are crapping on our current players in the Lounge. Time to let it go and start supporting our current Laker players.
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:48 am    Post subject:

JamaalWilkes wrote:
Lebron at the 3.

Randle at the 4.

Trade out the timid projects for guys who actually bring it with intensity and consistency every night.

Enough dealing with these millennial's mindsets and moods. Some of these dudes spent last year playing video games in their off-time instead of watching film and working on their skills. It's not junior high.

Man's game.

Hmm.... there are already complaints about the current team lacking spacing and outside shooting.

Randle is not really a 4 but an undersized center. His midrange is iffy at best. Put Randle and Mcghee on the floor together, can someone say spacing hell?

Lebron is not really a pure shooter either and Lonzo can't shoot at this stage of his career period.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject:

The only way IMO that Jules would have come back:

1. if he didn't Mintz representing him
2. Lakers signed a center who could space the floor (i.e. Brook).

I would have been perfectly fine rolling with Brook/Jules back, and JaVale off the bench. Could have split center minutes evenly b/w Brook/JaVale and had a lineup of:

Lonzo
BI (not best fit but we're using it now)
LBJ
Jules/Kuz
Brook/Javale.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject:

55 wrote:
Mind boggling how we have posters in the General Discussion threads drooling over every basket Randle made or every pass Dlo made but are crapping on our current players in the Lounge. Time to let it go and start supporting our current Laker players.

Does this sentiment include the endless chatter of who the next max player obviously (wink wink) will be next summer or the endless trade scenarios for that perfect piece to help James?

Because if that is what you mean, I wholeheartedly can agree! Support this team this season.

Until that time it seems fair to discuss "what might have been" hypothetical scenarios without being dismissed or ridiculed.

Fact of the matter is Randle is a likely a free agent next summer and just as much an option as any of the fantasy free agents so often "drooled over".
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject:

I don't think either Randle or Dlo will ever be realistic options if the current FO is in place.

For better or worst, that bridge has already been burned.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:04 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Fact of the matter is Randle is a likely a free agent next summer
FACT

and just as much an option as any of the fantasy free agents so often "drooled over".
FICTION
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:06 am    Post subject:

(bleep) he was 3-4 from 3 last night
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:07 am    Post subject:

I'm happy to see Julius Randle doing well and thriving.

I did want him back on our team.

That said, he would not have fit beside LeBron at all.

He's way better off with the Pels IMO and we're better off with the cap space we'll have for any max FA we want next year.

I'll keep cheering for JR to do well when we're not the opponent.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:10 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Putting up good numbers on a bad team...... I thought those days were behind Laker fans and that we liked winning games more. I guess not.

There is a lot of truth here.....its easy to score on bad team....
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:13 am    Post subject:

55 wrote:

Does this sentiment include the endless chatter of who the next max player obviously (wink wink) will be next summer or the endless trade scenarios for that perfect piece to help James?

Because if that is what you mean, I wholeheartedly can agree! Support this team this season.

Until that time it seems fair to discuss "what might have been" hypothetical scenarios without being dismissed or ridiculed.

Fact of the matter is Randle is a likely a free agent next summer and just as much an option as any of the fantasy free agents so often "drooled over".

What may be = Official Free Agent Thread.

What may have been = General Discussion.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Putting up good numbers on a bad team...... I thought those days were behind Laker fans and that we liked winning games more. I guess not.

There is a lot of truth here.....its easy to score on bad team....

rather develop kuz.
watched the highlights. looked like he was walking to the rim.

mods should turn this into a randle thread under the general forum.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:21 am    Post subject:

I’m calling it now, Julius will opt out and sign a big...although below max...contract with the Dallas Mavs. Attractive young players, his hometown, lots of cap space.

I’m thinking a 4/64 type of deal with a player opt out after 3...it’d still leave them room to chase a max FA I believe.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
I’m calling it now, Julius will opt out and sign a big...although below max...contract with the Dallas Mavs. Attractive young players, his hometown, lots of cap space.

I’m thinking a 4/64 type of deal with a player opt out after 3...it’d still leave them room to chase a max FA I believe.

Sounds about right.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:24 am    Post subject:

55 wrote:
Fact of the matter is Randle is a likely a free agent next summer
FACT

and just as much an option as any of the fantasy free agents so often "drooled over".
FICTION

Actually it is your opinion not fiction. Despite the Laker biased fan opinions of all the marquee players all waiting in line to join it is not a certainty. All the most mentioned could easily choose to stay with current teams or go elsewhere. I know, I'm being a Debby Downer!

If the Lakers are forced to start looking at alternative plan B or 2nd tier players I would hope the Randle option was not dismissed by he, his agent or the Lakers FO. I agree it is not as sexy a fantasy as AD,. Durant and James but until next summer why not be able to discuss all options freely?

As for today, I'm going to continue enjoying the current roster this season. Hopefully the chemistry continues to develop and the team can remain in contention.

With Dec 15th looming we shall see how patient they can be. How big a trade may be made? Who do they lose and gain? Can the "new team" build that chemistry and remain relevant in the playoff race? As I have stated all along, the James circus will be certainly interesting whether they win or lose.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject:

You must have been completely blind to what happened between Jules/Mintz/Lakers to conclude that Jules is a remotely viable option for the Lakers.

It's not a fantasy. It's a denial of reality.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject:

That ship has sailed. Lock this up.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject:

Omg, the ol' overrated Former Laker thread, I see.

That ship has sailed.

Big deal, had a good game. Lots of players have good games. He is so overrated here by some.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject:

Kinda pathetic to bring up some ex-Laker fantasy. Move on guy.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject:

basta
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
You must have been completely blind to what happened between Jules/Mintz/Lakers to conclude that Jules is a remotely viable option for the Lakers.

It's not a fantasy. It's a denial of reality.

As I stated, I "hoped" they could all be professional about it if the situation arises.

Is it any more of a fantasy then the ongoing saga of "which marquee player" is the best fit next summer? Accompanied by the ignoring or dismissal of any counter speculation that the player being discussed has other options or may simply choose to play elsewhere.

Most threads are inundated with trade speculations. Shouldn't those posts be limited to the Free Agent or Trade thread also? Here is a thread devoted to an ex player that many would have liked to see on the current roster. Pure speculation on how the bridge was burned or how badly the relationship is damaged.

It's a business. Next summer the Lakers will have money to spend. Multiple players will want that money. Still to be determined who gets the offers and who accepts. Fact.

I like this team, this season. I would love to see it develop and continue build into a contender. We'll see how it plays out.

If that is a full on gut of the roster for marquee players I will be watching. If it is a patient continued building of chemistry and talent. I will still be watching. Simply have a preference on the option I like best. Same as most have their own preferences.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Is it any more of a fantasy then the ongoing saga of "which marquee player" is the best fit next summer? Accompanied by the ignoring or dismissal of any counter speculation that the player being discussed has other options or may simply choose to play elsewhere.

It is. Because we had Jules under cost control but he asked to be out and the team wanted to preserve cap space. So there is a mutual split that all but destroys a reunion.

Add Mintz and it's a 0% chance.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject:

I wondered where this thread went. Now I know. Apparently this discussion is over.

Curious why all the other FA or trade proposal speculation threads are not moved too.

Mods seem to be very selective in which discussions get moved into obscurity and which remain active. Wonder why?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:14 am    Post subject:

I wondered where this thread went. Now I know. Apparently this discussion is over.

Curious why all the other FA or trade proposal speculation threads are not moved too.

Mods seem to be very selective in which discussions get moved into obscurity and which remain active. Wonder why?

They've put ex Lakers consistently in the General Discussion forum. Take a look. DLO, JC, Jules, etc. all here.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
No thanks.

We dont need anymore guys that cant shoot clogging LeBron’s paint

FWIW Randle has shot a higher three point percentage than Kuzma this season.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1517, 1518, 1519 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1518 of 1536
Jump to: