2018-19 NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 104, 105, 106  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Seattle Seahawks have a long checkered history with troubled players during the current ownership & front office reign. They certainly aren't shy when it comes to signing certified scumbags,

1. Rocky Bernard : In April 2008, Seattle police arrested Bernard after the 300-pound defensive tackle allegedly punched his ex-girlfriend at the Ibiza nightclub, then, when she and a friend tried to drive away, struck the car's windows. He was charged with domestic violence and ultimately given a deferred sentence.

2. Tom Cable</b> — offensive line coach, assistant head coach With Seahawks 2011 to present. In November 2009, when Cable was head coach of the Oakland Raiders, two women -- an ex-wife and an ex-girlfriend -- alleged to ESPN that Cable had a history of violence toward women. The allegations came after Cable was accused of breaking an assistant coach's jaw during a team meeting.

3. Frank Clark — defensive end Drafted by Seahawks in 2015. While in college at Michigan, Clark was arrested for domestic violence after a Nov. 15, 2014, incident in which he was accused of punching his girlfriend and throwing her to the ground by her neck at a hotel in Sandusky. Clark was kicked off the Michigan football team two days after the incident. The Hawks chose him with their first pick (No. 63) in the 2015 NFL draft.

4. Bryce Fisher. In April 2006, Fisher was arrested and charged with fourth-degree assault after allegedly twisting his wife's arm behind her back during an altercation. His wife had confronted him about allegations that he was having an affair, and a police report indicated she struck him, as well.

5. Leroy Hill. In January 2013, Hill allegedly threw his girlfriend across the room, stood on her chest, struck her with a bottle and kept her from leaving an Issaquah home during a six-hour altercation that began when she couldn’t find her keys, according to police. It was Hill's second such arrest: He was cuffed in April 2010 after allegedly pushing his girlfriend down the stairs.

6. Wayne Hunter. When he was a rookie in 2003, Hunter allegedly assaulted his girlfriend -- who was eight months pregnant -- at their Bellevue apartment that July. The charge was deferred. Then, in May 2006, Hunter was arrested after allegedly slamming a man into a shuffleboard table at a Renton sports bar.

7. Bruce Irvin. When he was a teen growing up in Atlanta, Irvin -- who then went by B.J. instead of Bruce -- was thrown in juvenile jail for burglary. Back then, he was a troubled kid, homeless and living in a drug house. He cleaned up his act and played football at West Virginia, but was arrested the day after his pro day for allegedly knocking the magnetic sign off of a delivery car. Seattle surprised the football world by choosing Irvin in the first round (15th overall) of the 2012 draft.

8. A.J. Jefferson. In November 2013, when he was a member of the Minnesota Vikings, Jefferson was arrested on allegations that he grabbed his girlfriend by the neck and threw her off the bed at his home in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. He eventually pleaded guilty to misdemeanor domestic assault and served three days in jail. The Vikings immediately kicked Jefferson off the team, and he received a four-game suspension from the NFL. However, the league later lifted the suspension, and Jefferson finished 2013 with the Cleveland Browns but never played due to an ankle injury. The Seahawks gave Jefferson an opportunity in the 2014 offseason.

9. Jarriel King. In February 2012, King and a friend allegedly raped a woman at his home in North Charleston, South Carolina, during a night of drinking and smoking pot. He and the friend were arrested in March 2012 and were charged with first-degree criminal sexual conduct. The Seahawks immediately released King after his arrest. King had appeared in just one game for Seattle in 2011 -- his only NFL game. He had been signed by the New York Giants as an undrafted free agent out of South Carolina, and was claimed off of waivers by the Seahawks midway through the 2011 season

10. Sean Locklear. Just hours after the Seahawks beat Washington in the 2005 NFC championship game, Locklear was arrested after he allegedly grabbed his girlfriend by the neck when he saw her dancing with another man at a Seattle bar. Locklear played in Super Bowl XL that Feb. 5, yet the NFL suspended Locklear for one game in response to the incident.

11. Marshawn Lynch. When he was a member of the Buffalo Bills, Lynch pleaded guilty to a May 2008 hit-and-run case in which he said he didn't know his SUV struck a woman in the street. His driver's license was suspended and he paid $150. Then, in February 2009 in Culver City, California, Lynch was arrested and charged with felony possession of a concealed firearm. Lynch pleaded guilty to a lesser charge and was sentenced to community service and probation. The NFL did not discipline Lynch after the hit-and-run, but did suspend him three games after the gun charge. He was still with the Bills then, and the suspension rattled his status on Buffalo's roster. The Seahawks acquired him in a trade during the next season.

12. Tony McDaniel. In 2005, when he was in college at Tennessee, McDaniel was indicted on a felony charge of aggravated assault after he allegedly punched a fellow student in the face during a pickup basketball game. McDaniel pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge and received probation. Then in February 2010, when McDaniel was with the Miami Dolphins, he was arrested and charged with domestic violence after he allegedly got into a shoving match with his girlfriend outside of their home. He pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct and got six months of probation. The NFL suspended McDaniel for one game in 2010. The Seahawks signed him as a free agent before the 2013 season, and the former bench player became an integral piece of the team's run toward victory in Super Bowl XLVIII.

13. Jerramy Stevens. In 1998, when Stevens was in high school, he hit his friend over the head with a baseball bat. Stevens spent three weeks in jail and eventually pleaded down to misdemeanor assault. In July 2000, when he was playing for the Washington Huskies, Stevens was arrested for allegedly raping a 19-year-old woman outdoors along Greek Row. Stevens remained at Washington and became the Seahawks' first-round pick in the 2002 NFL draft.

14. J.R. Sweezy. In March 2010, when he was still a junior at North Carolina State, Sweezy was suspended indefinitely after he allegedly assaulted a 65-year-old shuttle bus driver in Mooresville, North Carolina. Sweezy returned to the Wolfpack and, after two years, was drafted by the Seahawks in the seventh round (225th overall pick) of the 2012 NFL draft.

15. Kevin Williams. In August 2005, when he was a member of the Minnesota Vikings, Williams allegedly threw his wife across the bed during a domestic dispute at their home. She hit her head on the bedstand and had blood on her T-shirt when police arrived, according to reports. Williams pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct and he was put on probation. The NFL did not suspend Williams and he continued playing for the Vikings in 2005. After 11 years in Minnesota, Williams signed with the Seahawks for 2014 and played in every game throughout Seattle's run to Super Bowl XLIX.

16. Mychal Kendricks. Sept 2018: The Seahawks announced the signing of Kendricks on Friday to a one-year deal despite his recent guilty plea on insider trading charges. It’s an odd situation for all parties involved,

17. Kareem hunt: March 2019; After being released by the Kansas City Chiefs in November 2018 after video surfaced of Kareem Hunt pushing and kicking a 19 year old woman in a hotel hallway, the running back signed a 3 year contract with the Seattle Seahawks, and is expected to be the featured back in Coach Pete Carrol's league leading run first offense for the 2019 season.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject:

^
I agree that Seattle takes chances on troubled players, but I think they will stick with Carson and Penny, whom they used a first round pick on. I wanted to consider the Patriots on my list (a team that also has taken chances on troubled players), but I think they have too much invested in Sony Michel.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject:

I bet the Cowboys will make an offer......
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

Why would they bring a headache like Hunt in when they already have Zeke?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Why would they bring a headache like Hunt in when they already have Zeke?

Yeah, that's not going to happen.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:21 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
I agree that Seattle takes chances on troubled players, but I think they will stick with Carson and Penny, whom they used a first round pick on. I wanted to consider the Patriots on my list (a team that also has taken chances on troubled players), but I think they have too much invested in Sony Michel.

Pete Carroll has a clear history of being deathly afraid of players with a history of being as durable as glass, and Chris Carson is the very definition of that. Carson has talent, but has trouble staying healthy. I'd pay close attention to Rashad Penny's role on sunday against the 49ers. Carson is as healthy as he's been all season, so if you see Penny getting more burn than he has over the past few weeks, then I'd say it's a good sign of them protecting Carson so he doesn't injure himself before they can flip him for good return value. Pete Carol can't keep the drool off the floor right now thinking about the possibility of lucking into a legit Beast-mode replacement to pair in a jail break backfield with Wilson,but this time around with the benefit of an actual offensive line, something Seattle hasn't seen in over half a decade. No way Pete passes on that opportunity, and if you're Hunt, where would you wanna play? In a run first offense with a run first coach paired with a QB that has a knack for winning regardless of circumstance in front of a rabid fanbase that's not going to judge your misbehaviour? It wouldn't surprise me if Hunts agent and Schnieder have already been on the phone today.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:
Chiefs release Kareem Hunt.

https://twitter.com/LindseyThiry/status/1068685334928535553

over/under on the Redskins picking him up?

In all seriousness, I think they are probably committed to Derrius Guice for next season. You can probably rule out certain fan bases from progressive areas like LA and the Bay Area, so I'll put on my tea leaf reading hat and offer up the following possibilities:

Tampa Bay
Despite Ronald Jones going in the 2nd round, they don't have a long-term answer there.

Chicago
With Jordan Howard not offering much versatility and with Tarik Cohen not offering workhorse capabilities, perhaps Hunt's old OC Matt Nagy will give him another chance.

Oakland
Perhaps Gruden wouldn't pass up a chance to add a rare talent to their roster, though it could come with a PR hit. But maybe the Raiders don't care about public image too much, and though they play in the Bay Area, they are moving to Las Vegas in '20, and they may not even play next season in Oakland.

Indianapolis
Marlon Mack is not exactly a picture of durability, and perhaps GM Chris Ballard would wager that his fanbase would be OK with the move. Getting Hunt for a lot cheaper than Le'Veon Bell would cost in free agency would be the better football move.

Jacksonville
I'm only mentioning them because I've heard some rumblings that Leonard Fournette has ruffled some feathers in the J'ville front office (as has Jalen Ramsey). Admittedly, this is probably far-fetched.

Houston
They could pretty easily move on from Lamar Miller, though he's having a decent season. Watson/Hopkins/Hunt would be a remarkable trio of talent on offense.

Buffalo
LeSean McCoy is obviously not a young RB, and perhaps Bills brass would be interested in adding a young talent to help out their otherwise moribund offense. Buffalo is also not far from where Hunt grew up, in Ohio.

NY Jets
Yes, they signed Isaiah Crowell in free agency last year, but let's not pretend that he's a long-term answer. Maybe they think that a difference-making talent like Hunt would help Sam Darnold out.

Miami
It's clear that the Miami coaching staff does not see Kenyan Drake as a lead back, and 95-year-old Frank Gore is currently their leading ballcarrier.

What about one of this hometown teams in Ohio? Are the Browns and Bengals set on Nick Chubb and Joe Mixon?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:
Chiefs release Kareem Hunt.

https://twitter.com/LindseyThiry/status/1068685334928535553

over/under on the Redskins picking him up?

In all seriousness, I think they are probably committed to Derrius Guice for next season. You can probably rule out certain fan bases from progressive areas like LA and the Bay Area, so I'll put on my tea leaf reading hat and offer up the following possibilities:

Tampa Bay
Despite Ronald Jones going in the 2nd round, they don't have a long-term answer there.

Chicago
With Jordan Howard not offering much versatility and with Tarik Cohen not offering workhorse capabilities, perhaps Hunt's old OC Matt Nagy will give him another chance.

Oakland
Perhaps Gruden wouldn't pass up a chance to add a rare talent to their roster, though it could come with a PR hit. But maybe the Raiders don't care about public image too much, and though they play in the Bay Area, they are moving to Las Vegas in '20, and they may not even play next season in Oakland.

Indianapolis
Marlon Mack is not exactly a picture of durability, and perhaps GM Chris Ballard would wager that his fanbase would be OK with the move. Getting Hunt for a lot cheaper than Le'Veon Bell would cost in free agency would be the better football move.

Jacksonville
I'm only mentioning them because I've heard some rumblings that Leonard Fournette has ruffled some feathers in the J'ville front office (as has Jalen Ramsey). Admittedly, this is probably far-fetched.

Houston
They could pretty easily move on from Lamar Miller, though he's having a decent season. Watson/Hopkins/Hunt would be a remarkable trio of talent on offense.

Buffalo
LeSean McCoy is obviously not a young RB, and perhaps Bills brass would be interested in adding a young talent to help out their otherwise moribund offense. Buffalo is also not far from where Hunt grew up, in Ohio.

NY Jets
Yes, they signed Isaiah Crowell in free agency last year, but let's not pretend that he's a long-term answer. Maybe they think that a difference-making talent like Hunt would help Sam Darnold out.

Miami
It's clear that the Miami coaching staff does not see Kenyan Drake as a lead back, and 95-year-old Frank Gore is currently their leading ballcarrier.

What about one of this hometown teams in Ohio? Are the Browns and Bengals set on Nick Chubb and Joe Mixon?

Yes.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Kareem Hunt Interview

Step 1 complete. Full Contrition

Now on to step 2. Punishment

Then finally step 3 . NFL Style Forgiveness in the way of a new contract.

As long as the NFL reactions remain the same, theses things will continue to occur. Sadly, it's the American way. If there is money to be made, then misbehaviour is acceptable...

This whole event receives the Trump seal of approval...
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject:

^^^^

Eh. I'm not going to minimize the offense, but the question is whether the punishment fits the crime. He will play again, but this will cost him millions, in addition to whatever criminal punishment may result. In America, we give people an opportunity to rehabilitate themselves.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Wow. Jacksonville 6, Indianapolis 0.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

This time with Andrew Luck at QB the Colts overlooked the Jags and looked ahead to the Texans who now have a 3 game lead on us...

Embarrassing.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject:

The Cardinals won in Green Bay for the first time since 1949....
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject:

was listening to Winston when he was on the bench a couple weeks ago....and he claimed the whole offseason was spent on improving his efficiency and not making turnovers....then he had a great preseason, but said when he came off suspension, he got caught up in the whole FitzMagic stuff and was trying to duplicate the 400+ yard games, etc. It was just talk at the time, but since he has got another chance, he has been a totally different QB. Dude throws it away and takes sacks, but is not turning the ball over.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Giants beat the Bears in OT.

Funny they wait until the second half of the season to play better football...
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
^^^^

Eh. I'm not going to minimize the offense, but the question is whether the punishment fits the crime. He will play again, but this will cost him millions, in addition to whatever criminal punishment may result. In America, we give people an opportunity to rehabilitate themselves.

Yep. Under the constitution, the government cannot punish by imposing excessive fines, nor can cruel and unusual punishments be inflicted. Yes, this is not government, and the NFL does not want its image tarnished (as it uses its players as sacrificial warriors with mush for brains), but the amount of "fine imposed" in often in the millions, to tens of millions.

No one should condone such actions, but, yes, the punishment must fit the crime. When the punishment by the NFL is often hundreds of times worse than the legal system, experienced in the vast assortment, and complexity, of crimes, and designed to factor both punishment and rehabilitation (yes, flawed, but typically against the defendant), then the NFL is out of kilter.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
The Cardinals won in Green Bay for the first time since 1949....

The Cardinals are awful. It just shows how far south the Packers season has gone.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject:

And this happens on Aaron's 35th Birthday no less...
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject:

In that case they better can McCarthy ASAP if they want Rodgers and the Packers have to another postseason run.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject:

I think McCarthy will be gone after this season I mean they've ran their course and its obvious that there are issues.

Plus unlike Favre.. the Packers don't have any one in waiting to take over for Rodgers either at least as far as a sure thing. Easier to replace a coach than a QB. I mean its a great job to have.

I like Kizer but not really sure he's cut out for the NFL.

I mean I think Ian Book can play in the NFL though when I watch him.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject:

NFL path to job security:

Shine a spotlight on fellow Americans being killed by agents of the government? = No Job For You

Slap or kick a ho? = Hello young sir, let us add 6 zeros to your paycheck.

Gawd Bless America. Land of the "Free to Slap", and Home of the "Don't Be Brave Enough to Kneel" .

Clearly Colin Kaepernick needs to go slap a ho so he can be rehabilitated to NFL standards...
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Kareem Hunt was better at his position than Kaepernick is at his. That being said there's no coming back from a video ask Ray Rice.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Kareem Hunt was better at his position than Kaepernick is at his. That being said there's no coming back from a video ask Ray Rice.

Pacman Jones would beg to differ.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
^^^^

He has that opportunity
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
This time with Andrew Luck at QB the Colts overlooked the Jags and looked ahead to the Texans who now have a 3 game lead on us...

Embarrassing.

Luck was bad
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 55 of 106
Jump to: