2018-19 NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 104, 105, 106  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
If the NFL and/or the Chiefs knew about the video and covered it up for months, that could be huge.

Uh oh. The Chiefs might be trying to say they weren't even aware of the incident, and that simply is not going to fly...

Jamil Smith

Verified account

@JamilSmith
1h
1 hour ago

The @Chiefs claim that they are learning about the Kareem Hunt video for the first time today, which is ludicrous. Hunt is from the Cleveland area; the story has been in local papers since February. No NFL team goes that long without knowing about this.
misterchipmunk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Wow! Hunt is really talented and a major piece for KC!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Wilt wrote:
If the NFL and/or the Chiefs knew about the video and covered it up for months, that could be huge.

Uh oh. The Chiefs might be trying to say they weren't even aware of the incident, and that simply is not going to fly...

Jamil Smith

Verified account

@JamilSmith
1h
1 hour ago

The @Chiefs claim that they are learning about the Kareem Hunt video for the first time today, which is ludicrous. Hunt is from the Cleveland area; the story has been in local papers since February. No NFL team goes that long without knowing about this.

Why? The hotel could have refused to release the tape. Just saying it is possible they didn’t know about it.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject:

^
No way man. They aren't saying that they weren't aware that a tape existed of the incident. They are saying that they weren't even aware that an incident occurred. There is no way that is possible. As the guy tweeted, it's been out there for months, since it happened. If I was aware of it, I promise you that the KC organization was. As I said, too, even Clark Hunt alluded to it during training camp!
VTECkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject:

first time ive gone to vegas since they started building the new stadium, idk what they thought of making it that close to the freeway... traffic is already so horrible out there... it will be a nightmare during the football season im afraid....
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
No way man. They aren't saying that they weren't aware that a tape existed of the incident. They are saying that they weren't even aware that an incident occurred. There is no way that is possible. As the guy tweeted, it's been out there for months, since it happened. If I was aware of it, I promise you that the KC organization was. As I said, too, even Clark Hunt alluded to it during training camp!

Huh? The quote from Jamil Smith you quoted says “video”.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

Perhaps we are getting something lost in translation. If the Chiefs are claiming that they weren't aware that a video of the incident existed, yes, that is possible that they could get away with such an explanation. If they are trying to say that they were not even aware that the incident even occurred, I'm simply saying that such an explanation is not going to fly. The owner even alluded to it during training camp:

Nate Taylor

Verified account

@ByNateTaylor
2h
2 hours ago

More
Clark Hunt on Kareem Hunt in August: “Kareem is a young man, (in his) 2nd year in the league & obviously had a very big year on the field. I’m sure he learned some lessons this offseason, & hopefully won’t be in those kind of situations in the future.”
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

Perhaps we are getting something lost in translation. If the Chiefs are claiming that they weren't aware that a video of the incident existed, yes, that is possible that they could get away with such an explanation. If they are trying to say that they were not even aware that the incident even occurred, I'm simply saying that such an explanation is not going to fly. The owner even alluded to it during training camp:

Nate Taylor

Verified account

@ByNateTaylor
2h
2 hours ago

More
Clark Hunt on Kareem Hunt in August: “Kareem is a young man, (in his) 2nd year in the league & obviously had a very big year on the field. I’m sure he learned some lessons this offseason, & hopefully won’t be in those kind of situations in the future.”

But no one is suggesting that the Chiefs said they didn’t know about the incident other than you.

The only mentions I have seen are that that Chiefs didn’t know about the video until today like everyone else.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Have these guys learned nothing from the Ray Rice video? They have everything to lose. I'd be surprised if Kareem Hunt suits up again in the NFL.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Have these guys learned nothing from the Ray Rice video? They have everything to lose. I'd be surprised if Kareem Hunt suits up again in the NFL.

Should he be banned for life though?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Not up to me....but I think that its a PR nightmare for the Chiefs after this video has come out. That being said, Chiefs have more to lose than the Ravens cutting Ray Rice, who was closer to the end of his career anyways. Kareem Hunt has not even hit his prime yet and Chiefs would lose out big time if he were banned.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Not up to me....but I think that its a PR nightmare for the Chiefs after this video has come out. That being said, Chiefs have more to lose than the Ravens cutting Ray Rice, who was closer to the end of his career anyways. Kareem Hunt has not even hit his prime yet and Chiefs would lose out big time if he were banned.

I don’t see why he would be banned. Doubt that will happen. He will probably get a 6-game suspension like the other guys.

But yeah, totally guessing but I’d be more surprised if he were banned.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:43 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I don’t see why he would be banned. Doubt that will happen. He will probably get a 6-game suspension like the other guys.

But yeah, totally guessing but I’d be more surprised if he were banned.

He won't get a lifetime ban. Not even Rice got that. No one would sign him after he was eligible to return, however. I doubt that will be the case with Hunt, as he is actually a difference-making player. NFL teams have shown time and again that they will give second (and third and fourth) chances to players that are still seen as plus players.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
He won't get a lifetime ban. Not even Rice got that. No one would sign him after he was eligible to return, however. I doubt that will be the case with Hunt, as he is actually a difference-making player. NFL teams have shown time and again that they will give second (and third and fourth) chances to players that are still seen as plus players.

Adrian Peterson may be the most relevant analogy.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Adrian Peterson may be the most relevant analogy.

Perhaps. I think he doesn't play another down this year, and there are 5 regular season games left. I think he misses the playoffs. And I think he gets suspended for Week 1 next season. Then I think he will be eligible to play. So I think he gets a 6-game regular season ban out of this, but that it will include the playoffs this year. And missing the playoff run is kind of important since they are a legit Super Bowl contender. (But absolutely the right punishment IMO.)

But I do think he will play again for the Chiefs. I don't think the NFL is going to issue a ban more than the 6-game suspension.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Agree with ya ChickenStu.

I’m still curious to know how TMZ got this before the cops and/or the Chiefs.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Ray Rice was toxic because they got him on video. I don't think the other examples like Adrian Peterson and Ezekiel Elliot are comparable since those incidents were not on video. I'm not sure what Kareem Hunt's punishment will be, but I'm pretty sure it will be pretty severe considering the video evidence is out there for the public to see.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Chiefs release Kareem Hunt.

https://twitter.com/LindseyThiry/status/1068685334928535553
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Wow, that was quick.
My guess is he will be on the sidelines for a while since NFL teams will be wary of picking up somebody with a toxic image.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject:

KC released a statement saying that they were aware of the incident months ago but that Hunt was not truthful with them about what happened, they say the video clearly shows that, so they are waiving him. Wow.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
I’m still curious to know how TMZ got this before the cops and/or the Chiefs.

come on....because they are TMZ....this is why they are in fact relevant. they do not have to follow any legal method, etc., they just slip a staff member who is dating someone that works in the security office enough cash, and the video magically appears.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:

over/under on the Redskins picking him up?
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Poor Leveon Bell. Now with a back the caliber of Kareem going on the open market as well, and getting lowballed by John Schneider due to his toxicity, the contract offers to Bell will likely trend even lower than they already were. Epic fail for team Leveon Bell. Swung for the fence and will be lucky to get to base on balls. Hohum. Will be interesting to see if Mike Davis willingly gives up his #27 jersey...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

over/under on the Redskins picking him up?

In all seriousness, I think they are probably committed to Derrius Guice for next season. You can probably rule out certain fan bases from progressive areas like LA and the Bay Area, so I'll put on my tea leaf reading hat and offer up the following possibilities:

Tampa Bay
Despite Ronald Jones going in the 2nd round, they don't have a long-term answer there.

Chicago
With Jordan Howard not offering much versatility and with Tarik Cohen not offering workhorse capabilities, perhaps Hunt's old OC Matt Nagy will give him another chance.

Oakland
Perhaps Gruden wouldn't pass up a chance to add a rare talent to their roster, though it could come with a PR hit. But maybe the Raiders don't care about public image too much, and though they play in the Bay Area, they are moving to Las Vegas in '20, and they may not even play next season in Oakland.

Indianapolis
Marlon Mack is not exactly a picture of durability, and perhaps GM Chris Ballard would wager that his fanbase would be OK with the move. Getting Hunt for a lot cheaper than Le'Veon Bell would cost in free agency would be the better football move.

Jacksonville
I'm only mentioning them because I've heard some rumblings that Leonard Fournette has ruffled some feathers in the J'ville front office (as has Jalen Ramsey). Admittedly, this is probably far-fetched.

Houston
They could pretty easily move on from Lamar Miller, though he's having a decent season. Watson/Hopkins/Hunt would be a remarkable trio of talent on offense.

Buffalo
LeSean McCoy is obviously not a young RB, and perhaps Bills brass would be interested in adding a young talent to help out their otherwise moribund offense. Buffalo is also not far from where Hunt grew up, in Ohio.

NY Jets
Yes, they signed Isaiah Crowell in free agency last year, but let's not pretend that he's a long-term answer. Maybe they think that a difference-making talent like Hunt would help Sam Darnold out.

Miami
It's clear that the Miami coaching staff does not see Kenyan Drake as a lead back, and 95-year-old Frank Gore is currently their leading ballcarrier.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject:

I'm shocked.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 54 of 106
Jump to: